Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jsingh12
Originally posted by deejagi
Its not just the words, even the look he gave was below average. How could he say those words to is parents who have been supportive to him for so long. It is true they made him to work as a young boy but that was the necessity of the time but the love and respect they gave to him and the way thye were proud of him for that was priceless. In a moment, he showed them he cares only for his son and no one else.
btw, who will buy a shop overnight and that too will remove the name board even before they have the signed document? The shop was in Bhabo's name and what Suraj would have done, had Bhabo refused to put her finger print for the sale agreement? When he could inform it to sandy the previous night, what stopped him from informing (not discussing) the same to Bhabo? At least Sandy should have informed right?
And how did Ved knew that his father has no money and that was the reason his mother bought ice cream? Even when father have money, a mother can still buy eatables to her kids and family right? that was a blow below the belt and Daisa completed that by saying eating wife's earning. That was the sample of what all he will have to hear here after. Was that really required for him? He could have waited for some time, at least till his hotel work is half done to sell the shop.
Agree.I actually felt very bad for B&B today. They looked so aged and worried when they were arranging MKD utensils
Suraj's reason for selling MKD sounded hollow and I'm more disappointed with Sandy for readily agreeing to whatever Suraj does or says. Mkd can be handover to some loyal trusted workers and he can supervise it and Bhabasa can sit in the shop in his absence. This move is for future drama and taunts for SurYa for their hasty step only.
Bold: yes can't a mother/wife treat her family? Is it wrong if Sandy bear the expenses when Suraj is chasing his dreams? He is not lazy person and everyone knows he is hardworking and supported his family from young age. Now he is taking risk and want to try something else what is the problem till he settles if Sandy provides for their family. How come it will eating his wife's money? There is nothing wrong if wife supports financially for the family in difficult times and husbands should not be taunted for that. hope DABH highlights this issue positively.
No, it is not wrong for a wife to take care of the family both emotionally & financially when need arises. But here the situation is created. No one would have taunted Babasa when he was sick and Bhabo had to take the reigns of the family to run it. She would have worked in the sweet stall along with Suraj, because it was expected by a wife to take care of her husband, kids and elders. But here Suraj's hasty decision to sell the shop is the concerning factor. Till such time his dream works starts, he will look like one more Mohit to the passer by people and had Suraj waited till the construction starts and then sold the shop, every one would have said, yes he did a right thing as he could not sail on two boats and both work would have suffered. And getting Bank loan to start a business is not so easy. You need to show your capabilities and also an alternative source of income through which you can repay the loan in case of eventuality.
1. Suraj has no degree in Hotel Management which would have given them (bank) some guaranty about his work.
2. Suraj has nothing to pledge to get loan, not even a place where he will build the hotel. Even that he needs to buy only with the money he will get from loan.
3. It is not just building hotel, he needs to furnish the same and also employee numerous people and all this needs huge money which is lack with Suraj and even the family doesn't have surplus amount which they spare.
4. Even after all the above are fulfilled, it is not so easy to get customers from day one as his name would have forgotten by even the Puskar people as it would have been more then a year or two, since he has closed his shop and people remember only those who are active.
5. One he starts the hotel, he will have to start repaying the loan as well as he needs to pay the salaries, and needs to pay for water, electricity etc. which will make him to pay through his nose.
6. With Sandya's salary (govt. Salary), what all she can fulfill? She can feed the family and to certain extent, she can pay the school fee of Ved, but what next? If there is delay in realizing the money to repay the loan, will her salary be sufficient to pay the huge EMI's?
Neither Suraj nor Sandya have thought practically, they have taken a hasty decision going by their soul and heart. Neither they sought advise from their elders nor they consulted some consultation agency who would have updated them about the pro and cons of the decision. The elder come handy in situations like this only.
When we (me & my husband) decided to construct a house, the first thing we did was to convey the message to my father in law. The very first thing he asked us was " what is the estimation, how much hard cash we have and how much we are planning to take Bank loan". When we updated him about our plans, he asked one more question, was it really required for us to go for a Dulpex house when we will be only 3 (me, hubby & a daughter) instead why don't we plan for two different floors where in we can stay in one while we can rent out the other and from the rent money we can repay the loan amount. But when we said we wish to have the duplex, he asked us, what is our joint income and will we be left with sufficient money to run the life after loan etc. Till the even though we had thought that we will manage, we had never given enough thought to that and only after that we decided who will take care of what expenses after and during the construction of house etc. This is where we need elders advise as they have faced those stages in life and can give right suggestions.