Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Qirad: True, Christian fundamentalists have murdered numerically more people than Muslims have, but that ain't a yardstick to consider Muslim fundamentalists as "less brutal" or "less tainted". Killing 4,000 unarmed people in Speicher in cold blood by shooting each of them from point blank range, holding hundreds of women and girls as sex slaves, dehydrating millions to death---I don't think these tactics come anywhere close to what the Crusaders might have employed against Ottomans. 

And the Iraq invasion was done for religion? What?

1700 soldiers were killed in Camp Speicher not 4000?

Iraq Invasion
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Bush "crusade" statement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_70Kbdpow

George Bush said: "Iraq Was a Biblical War Against Gog and Magog
http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/05/19/why-bush-invaded-iraq-the-war-on-gog-and-magog/

I know many people says "oil" but If I am not wrong, US receives the majority of it's oil from Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Nigeria and only some oil from Iraq.. and if Iraq stop giving US oil, they could have easily gotten the oil from other sources..

The war was fought in spite of oil.. The war of Iraq was built on two blatant lies 

1) First lie - Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attack

2) Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction - which he did not have
The war was fought because Saddam threatened to switch over to Euro in place of the dollar in international petro transactions. 
Originally posted by: Qirat.

1700 soldiers were killed in Camp Speicher not 4000?

Iraq Invasion
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Bush "crusade" statement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_70Kbdpow

George Bush said: "Iraq Was a Biblical War Against Gog and Magog
http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/05/19/why-bush-invaded-iraq-the-war-on-gog-and-magog/

I know many people says "oil" but If I am not wrong, US receives the majority of it's oil from Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Nigeria and only some oil from Iraq.. and if Iraq stop giving US oil, they could have easily gotten the oil from other sources..

The war was fought in spite of oil.. The war of Iraq was built on two blatant lies 

1) First lie - Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attack

2) Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction - which he did not have

Bharry bharry true.

CIA create Al-Qaeda for Soviet fight, CIA drill oil from Kuwait, then tell Saddam to attack, then he attack, then Highway of death 80.

Then kill Saddam.

Now CIA create ISIS. ISIS have all American weapons/tanks. I whant to know-weapons fall from sky?

Why Al-Qaeda never attack Israel?

Why Morsi no good for Egypt? Why El sisi better?

Why GCC kings goody good?
Qirat. thumbnail

The war was fought because Saddam threatened to switch over to Euro in place of the dollar in international petro transactions. 

This was another lie from them.. A look at the gas prices can tell you that.. Iraq was under UN sanction.. Saddam was not selling his oil, UN was.. The only oil to be sold legally was through  "food for oil" program, Saddam had no control over the sale of his oil.. After invading Iraq, the first thing Bush did was to petition the UN to overturn embargo so that the government of Iraq could have a source of income. When the embargo was removed, world's supply of oil increased greatly, decreasing the value of US oil supplies and reserves.. So in fact to get to the oil (which US doesn't have any control or financial benefit from) would be the weakest point for Iraqi war.. US doesn't control the oil and additional supply meant US oil interests were losing value, so how would invading Iraq make any sense? Truth is it doesn't, oil was not a reason for war.. Due to this sanction as well, Bush could have lowered the price on international market by stopping the sanction & buying the oil, he did not have to spend trillion on Iraq war..

Trading oil through Euro, would only mean that US have to pay more for it (because you have to convert your money to Euro, which is worth more) and the exchange process will costs money. It might cost us a few extra dollars per barrel at most, but that's not nearly enough to make you go war with people. Especially considering that US take most of their oil from other countries, using oil from the ME just as a supplementary supply. It is not possible for the currency to depreciate so far that it destroys the economy.. The Dollar isn't only backed by oil.. Iraq could have traded in seashells & it wouldn't matter... Foreign currency markets exist for this very reason...  Whether you quote price in Euros, Dollar or Yen, the price is readily convertible into one another.. Any ME country that would rather have Euros than dollars for oil can swap currencies on the Forex market...  This would not crumbled US.. The dollar is already in use. Although the dollar is loosing ground to Euro, it is still the most widely used in the world...Now if other countries stopped buying US goods or Treasury bonds, then dollar will indeed collapse..

Edited by Qirat. - 8 years ago
Er, Saddam nationalised his oil companies prior to the 2003 invasion. Do check your facts. And it was the oil companies like Exxon, Chevron and BP that benefitted the most from the contracts they landed in Iraq post Saddam's fall. Its another thing that the Chinese state-sponsored companies are now bagging most of the drilling contracts (since they don't seek to maximise profits but only get oil at cheap prices for their country's energy needs), but the fact is that the Iraq War was fought for Petro Dollars. Its long been revealed that Bush planned the war soon enough after the National Energy Policy development Group formed by Cheney together with American Oil Barons, decided to take control over Iraq's vast resources.
And you're forgetting the Iraqi Hydrocarbons Law that the U.S. had tried to get the post-war puppet Iraqi government to pass, which would allow foreign investment into Iraq completely on the terms of the Corporates. Its because of mass protests that it failed. 
Qirat. thumbnail

Er, Saddam nationalised his oil companies prior to the 2003 invasion. Do check your facts. And it was the oil companies like Exxon, Chevron and BP that benefitted the most from the contracts they landed in Iraq post Saddam's fall. 

Do give me the name of Saddam oil companies. So they went for oil? Can I know why Iraqi oil? If you wanted to invade a country for oil, then why not invade Saudi Arabia, why not, Iran? Why not Canada? Canada have more oil than the entire Middle East combined. Canada have zero military as US protects them, the cost is cheaper, you get most of your oil from them anyway, it would be cheaper to import? I have never seen US getting more than 2% of its oil supply from Iraq... and often none at all. Iraq sells almost all of its oil to India, Pakistan, Japan, and other SE Asia nations, and always has...If you can go around the world invading Iraq for puddles of oil then why not countries that got the big oil windfallt?

Its another thing that the Chinese state-sponsored companies are now bagging most of the drilling contracts (since they don't seek to maximise profits but only get oil at cheap prices for their country's energy needs), but the fact is that the Iraq War was fought for Petro Dollars. 

So they did not invade Iraq for oil but for oil currency? Many countries have changed their currency like Cuba for example, did they invade Cuba and any of other countries & destroyed them? Will you invade China, Russia? Venzuela?  I'd "love" to see the USA officials telling China what to do... Or is it specifically for Muslim countries that can't defend themselves like Iraq, Libya..

"Why didn't the US invade Saudi Arabia"?
I hope you were kidding with this line. If not, then you're clueless abut the whole structure of Middle-Eastern political dynamics.

Btw, what I said is being repeated here once more: The war was about opening up Iraq's oilfields to the free market investments. And yes, it was about oil currency. When people refer to "war for Big Oil", they mean war for lining the pockets of the likes of Haliburton.

"Canada have more oil than the entire Middle East combined"

No offence, but are you having a lazy day? Its just a week ago that USA overtook Saudi as the leading producer of oil in the world.
Edited by krystal_watz - 8 years ago
Btw, "petro-dollar" and "petro-currency" is different.
Qirat. thumbnail

Btw, what I said is being repeated here once more: The war was about opening up Iraq's oilfields to the free market investments. And yes, it was about oil currency. When people refer to "war for Big Oil", they mean war for lining the pockets of the likes of Haliburton.

What are Halliburton profits? Halliburton was losing money in Iraq, so much that they actually had to sell KBR right in the middle of the Iraq war? If this is about the no-bid contract then there was only 1 no bid contract & they have been receiving no-bid contracts since long time. Why did Halliburton received a no bid contract in the Balkans from Clinton? Cheney have no financial interest in Halliburton, he own no Halliburton stock.. When you are elected, your money & investment will be taken over by the gov.. They cannot have stake in company as it will be conflict of interest..Cheney signed all his Halliburton Stock option to a irrevocable trust before he took office... 

"The "Gift Trust Agreement" the Cheney's signed two days before he took office turns over power of attorney to a trust administrator to sell the options at some future time and to give the after-tax profits to three charities. The agreement specifies that 40% will go to the University of Wyoming (Cheney's home state), 40% will go to George Washington University's medical faculty to be used for tax-exempt charitable purposes, and 20% will go to Capital Partners for Education, a charity that provides financial aid for low-income students in Washington, DC to attend private and religious schools. "

I read how he actually made $39.5 B but there was no proper source. From what I see, his net worth is only $90M http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/republicans/dick-cheney-net-worth/

Edited by Qirat. - 8 years ago
KBR landed the no-bid logistics contract worth $39.5 bn AFTER negotiations by Cheney. What do you make of that? And Halliburton incurred no losses in the war, that's wrong information.Edited by krystal_watz - 8 years ago