Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
shah jahan very much took steps against Hinduism. Infact the traits of cruelty which went to auranzeb was through shah jahan. shah jahan also demolished mandirs, re introduced jigiya nd also encourged conversion. Later it was his elder son dara who tried to re built the mandirs nd also tried to bring back the old policies of akbar. Yes auranzeb was the extreme but shah jahan also showed cruelty towards other religions. Its just that in later years jahannara nd dara shikoh covered up many things especially dara who was said to be the shadow of akbar.
jayaks02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ghalibmirza

shah jahan was not the greatest definitely not as great as Akbar, but he is described as a charmer and a shrewd man..yes he was less tolerant as compared to Akbar and jahangir but he never took steps against hinduism, maybe he was more inclined towards his own religion..it was Aurengzeb who went against every other religion except his own..only if Aurengzeb was tolerant he would have been greater than Akbar as he had so much power and riches and had conquered almost whole of India, only his rigid policies lead to many revolts and the mughal treasury was lost in stopping those revolts by the time he died and that is when the mughal empire crashed..the marathas and sikhs gained power and the east india company was also playing their policy of divide and rule actively!

Mandy - there is no comparison of akbar to any other mughal king - Babur comes a little close due to his audacity. This is my opinion.

What Indu Sundaresan describes in her book is all her imagination and is more of fiction - No one knows for sure whether these are charmers or not, Akbar included. 

Point is Shah Jahan killed all the male members, married a commoner and gave maximum control to her; Infact he is more HINDU than even Salim - His mom is a HINDU 100% and father half HINDU - guess it has more to do with his upbringing. RUKS must have brought him up more than even an orthodox muslim. 

Architecture flourish is just one noteworthy thing in his reign - Redfort, Taj Maal and others .

There is a gory violent streak that ran in his mind throughout - How can someone kill their own family for the sake of power ? Shah Jahan gets a big thumbs down. 

Compare this to Akbar who time and again pardoned many including his family members. 

Emptying a coffer of your grandfather is also mean. He does not have priorities . Just spending on buildings. 

Anyway, my opinion only. 😃
jayaks02 thumbnail
Dearies,
Reading again on Fatehpur Sikhri - my dream destination to go this year.

Lavi  - Adi - How does below iter sound ?

Delhi - 1 day
Mathura, Agra , Fatehpur Sikhi - 2-3 days
Back to Delhi - Cover entire Delhi for 3 days

Leave on 8th day. 

I am not some one who does tick marks but would like to enjoy Fatehpur Sikhri, agra through leisure. In Delhi, I will go totally mughal and do following. Pls help me freeze the program. 

Lalkot/Qutb complex near Mehrauli ( the Qutb, the 

Quwwat-ul-Islam, Zafar Mahal, Jamali Kamali etc.) 
- Tughluqabad & Firoz Shah Tughluq's imperious 

tomb, in Tughluqabad
- Jahanpanah-Bijay Mandal near Panchsheel Club
- Shahjahanbad comprising the Lal Qila, Jama Masjid 

& Salimgarh fort
- Old Fort/Shergarh/Dinpanah complex (comprising 

Purana Qila, Sher Mandal etc)
- Siri and Hauz Khas
- Humayun's Tomb & the Nizamuddin complex
- British New Delhi
- Civil Lines

Peer Ghaib or Khirki Masjid or St. James Church or 

Agra, with Akbar's magnificent mausoleum at 

Sikandra, the Itmad-ud Daulah, 

Is Nov good for Delhi ? Weather will be chill but not too much ? 

jayaks02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sabdabhala

😳
JAYA, YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT GOOSEBUMPS AFTER SEEING BEGUMSA'S PHOTOSHOOT 😆

PLEASE READ INTERVIEW OF BEGUMSA AND TANMAYSA PUBLISHED IN DECCAN CHRONICLE

IT WILL JUST MAKE YOU FALL IN LOUU ONCE AGAIN 😆😉❤️

WHAT AN UNDERSTANDING AND CAMARADERIE 😆 

GOOSEBUMPS ARE PASS I HAD TEARS INMY EYES 😳

Share the link dear !!! Cannot wait - My FaV actor in the world 😆
munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Downfall of mughal empire started from shah jahan's reign itself. He wasted lots nd lots of money in the so called monuments which brought very much financial crunch for the empire. Nd shah jahan was less tolerant? He didn't have any tolerance at all. Ulemas were so happy in his reign tht his reign was termed as the golden era of Ulemas. Its very easy to give all the blame to auranzeb but actually things from shah jahan's reign only. yes he was shrewed but he didn't had any good traits except for his love for mumtaz to be described.
munni_rajatfan thumbnail
If after akbar sumone was really as tolerant as him tht was dara sikoh. he was termed as the shadow of akbar. He was so much in love with other religions tht he literally participated in pujas nd different festivals. he tried his best to bring back akbar's religious policies which shah jahan had actually threw off. Only thing which lacked in dara was the smartness which akbar had. He didn't had akbar's brains which actually auranzeb had but he didn't had the heart. It would have been really great for india if dara was the emperor but alas he was betrayed by his rajput friends as well.
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: munnirony

shah jahan very much took steps against Hinduism. Infact the traits of cruelty which went to auranzeb was through shah jahan. shah jahan also demolished mandirs, re introduced jigiya nd also encourged conversion. Later it was his elder son dara who tried to re built the mandirs nd also tried to bring back the old policies of akbar. Yes auranzeb was the extreme but shah jahan also showed cruelty towards other religions. Its just that in later years jahannara nd dara shikoh covered up many things especially dara who was said to be the shadow of akbar.

how i wish dara should have been the next emperor after shah jahan..i have also heard a lot of good things about him!
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Originally posted by: jayaks02

Mandy - there is no comparison of akbar to any other mughal king - Babur comes a little close due to his audacity. This is my opinion.

What Indu Sundaresan describes in her book is all her imagination and is more of fiction - No one knows for sure whether these are charmers or not, Akbar included. 

Point is Shah Jahan killed all the male members, married a commoner and gave maximum control to her; Infact he is more HINDU than even Salim - His mom is a HINDU 100% and father half HINDU - guess it has more to do with his upbringing. RUKS must have brought him up more than even an orthodox muslim. 

Architecture flourish is just one noteworthy thing in his reign - Redfort, Taj Maal and others .

There is a gory violent streak that ran in his mind throughout - How can someone kill their own family for the sake of power ? Shah Jahan gets a big thumbs down. 

Compare this to Akbar who time and again pardoned many including his family members. 

Emptying a coffer of your grandfather is also mean. He does not have priorities . Just spending on buildings. 

Anyway, my opinion only. 😃

jaya right now i am reading kurram's hatred towards mehrunissa and how nissa's brother and father sided khurram as he was their son in law and moreover arjumund hated her own buasa!..indu has based her fiction on facts..and yes khurram will play his games and its comnig!
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Originally posted by: munnirony

If after akbar sumone was really as tolerant as him tht was dara sikoh. he was termed as the shadow of akbar. He was so much in love with other religions tht he literally participated in pujas nd different festivals. he tried his best to bring back akbar's religious policies which shah jahan had actually threw off. Only thing which lacked in dara was the smartness which akbar had. He didn't had akbar's brains which actually auranzeb had but he didn't had the heart. It would have been really great for india if dara was the emperor but alas he was betrayed by his rajput friends as well.

munni that is why Akbar was extraordinary a one of its kind.. and yes you are right in saying that only if dara had the brains too..and yes Aurengzeb had the brains but zero tolerance!
Sabdabhala thumbnail
Originally posted by: jayaks02

Dearies,

Reading again on Fatehpur Sikhri - my dream destination to go this year.

Lavi  - Adi - How does below iter sound ?

Delhi - 1 day
Mathura, Agra , Fatehpur Sikhi - 2-3 days
Back to Delhi - Cover entire Delhi for 3 days

Leave on 8th day. 

I am not some one who does tick marks but would like to enjoy Fatehpur Sikhri, agra through leisure. In Delhi, I will go totally mughal and do following. Pls help me freeze the program. 

Lalkot/Qutb complex near Mehrauli ( the Qutb, the 

Quwwat-ul-Islam, Zafar Mahal, Jamali Kamali etc.) 
- Tughluqabad & Firoz Shah Tughluq's imperious 

tomb, in Tughluqabad
- Jahanpanah-Bijay Mandal near Panchsheel Club
- Shahjahanbad comprising the Lal Qila, Jama Masjid 

& Salimgarh fort
- Old Fort/Shergarh/Dinpanah complex (comprising 

Purana Qila, Sher Mandal etc)
- Siri and Hauz Khas
- Humayun's Tomb & the Nizamuddin complex
- British New Delhi
- Civil Lines

Peer Ghaib or Khirki Masjid or St. James Church or 

Agra, with Akbar's magnificent mausoleum at 

Sikandra, the Itmad-ud Daulah, 

Is Nov good for Delhi ? Weather will be chill but not too much ? 

WILL GIVE A WELL THOUGHT OUT REPLY AFTER I PUT MY MIND TO THIS JAYA