Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aditya Roy Kapur and Sidharth Malhotra in Mohit Suri's next - Page 4

swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Read an article yesterday about Sid replacing Varun in this film. Thought it was a bogus article but could maybe be true. Kind of glad, the last thing VD needs is another two-hero film. Did read an interview of Varun's where he said he's not quite clear intouchables but that he and mohit will work together soon. I'm guessing he's angling for Half-Gf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RockingKudi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
sid mal doing multi starer films now a days
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh no.. Will it be another sloppy romanceEdited by Angel-likeDevil - 8 years ago
swati82 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

You honestly want him to make career decisions based on fans' tweets?

Both Excel's movie and Intouchables sound like incredibly interesting projects. Brothers will probably be a BB. K&S might end up being a good dramedy. He cannot turn down good scripts and opportunity to work with good directors just so he won't be associated with Dharma.

And what good directors is Varun working with other than Sriram Raghavan? Remo? Rohit Shetty? David and Rohit Dhawan? I wouldn't call them good filmmakers at all. I think Mohit is miles ahead of these guys. ABCD2 looks ridiculous. And while Dilwale might be a BB it will take everything that Varun worked to accomplish with Badlapur (going by press coverage here) and wash it down the drain. Same with the movies he's doing with his father and brother.

I would rather see Sid in good story with another actor rather than see him by himself in something like Main Tera Hero or ABCD2.

I don't believe that Sid is some mindless passive puppet that gets controlled by KJo. Will all his movies work at the box office? No. He will have flops and he will have hits. He will have critical acclaim and he will be at the receiving end of genuine criticism. It's all part of learning and being in the industry. And the way he's planning things right now he'll be around for a while.

Sorry but i got to disagree here. I know ABCD2 isn't looking great but he's doing it for the love of the genre and not to create some cinematic masterpiece and besides from this forum it's actually gotten a decent response in the real world. Varun clearly stated this is a film for the kids and for dance lovers. At the very least it's an attempt to do something kind of different. Also i really don't think Dilwale will take away any of Varun's credibility as an actor. Even before Badlapur Varun wasn't a bad actor, he good very good responses for his acting in both MTH and HSKD. Also Varun is very good at comedy so most likely he'll do well in Dilwale, it's when actors ham in those films is when they get criticised. 
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
@Neela-Paani, Agree to disagree it is!!

But I will say a couple of things, not to change your mind but just to put my opinion forward.

What if Akki doesn't overshadow Sid in Brothers? What if they are on equal footing? What if Sid overshadows him? And I think as long as Brothers is a BB it will help Sid no matter what. Nawazuddin overshadowing Varun (not my words, but rather some critics', so much so that Nawazuddin himself had to comment on it) didn't hurt Varun did it? So why would the possibility of Akki overshadowing Sid hurt him? I definitely don't think ABCD2 will show Varun's versatility.

If DD and RS kind of movies are good for mass appeal then so is a Mohit Suri 100 cr Ek Villain, especially when it has music that still resonates with people a year a later. I do think Sid is trying different genre's and different kind of roles. Abhimanyu was very different from Nikhil who was different from Guru. His characters from Excel and Intouchables (if this rumor is true) will also be very different from the first 3. Only his character in K&S might have some similarity to others, but I'm only assuming so for arguments sake and because there is nothing we know about the characters.

I think twitter or internet fans are a small percentage of the general movie going population. I somehow doubt that most of his fans are thinking he's ruining his career. I could be wrong. But at this point I doubt it. I think a small group of fans just expect certain moves from him more for the sake of winning internet fan wars than anything.Edited by IAmLuvBolly - 8 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: swati82

Sorry but i got to disagree here. I know ABCD2 isn't looking great but he's doing it for the love of the genre and not to create some cinematic masterpiece and besides from this forum it's actually gotten a decent response in the real world. Varun clearly stated this is a film for the kids and for dance lovers. At the very least it's an attempt to do something kind of different. Also i really don't think Dilwale will take away any of Varun's credibility as an actor. Even before Badlapur Varun wasn't a bad actor, he good very good responses for his acting in both MTH and HSKD. Also Varun is very good at comedy so most likely he'll do well in Dilwale, it's when actors ham in those films is when they get criticised.

Well, there is not looking great and then there is looking ridiculous. Everything from the dialogue to customs to Varun's facial expressions was bad. But this is my opinion and I understand you don't agree. I personally think that if he keeps making the ABCD2 or Dilwale or Dhawan type of movies 5 or 10 years from now he will be a very successful box office star, might even be a super star. But I don't think he'll be known as a good actor or artist. My opinion only.
_StarryNights thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yayy!! Sid and ARK in a suri's movie 😳 ..Now I want Shraddha in it..
swati82 thumbnail

Well, there is not looking great and then there is looking ridiculous. Everything from the dialogue to customs to Varun's facial expressions was bad. But this is my opinion and I understand you don't agree. I personally think that if he keeps making the ABCD2 or Dilwale or Dhawan type of movies 5 or 10 years from now he will be a very successful box office star, might even be a super star. But I don't think he'll be known as a good actor or artist. My opinion only.

Yeah i know but like Neela Paani said if films like Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer i doubt ABCD2 is going to damage Varun, but let's see i'm just being hopeful. I don't think Varun will keep doing those masala films, it's still early in his career, it'll be awhile before he gets another film like Badlapur, until he gets another such script he may as well do films that will work at the box office. And yes all this is personal opinion only everyone is entitled to their own view
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Tbh, i don really think much of Varun as an actor ( he is alright but goes OTT) & i don dig his looks either but if there is one thing i cant deny, it is the fact that he is incredibly smart..I do believe he knows exactly what he is doing..Not like he'l keep doing masala flicks..He just did a Badlapur & the industry praised him to the skies..Am pretty sure he'l get good reviews for Dilwale too cos comedy is his forte & while RS films suck in general IMO, a lot of actors have benefited out of it..Biggest example being Deepika..Even Kareena got great reviews for Golmaal 2..So yeah, i don think it'l harm his career prospects as much as it'l benefit him..Point is i do think VD is one of the most intelligent actors out there..Of course things can go wrong cos Bollywood as an industry is predictable but dude is very sharp..He knows exactly what he is doing ðŸ˜† Just the fact that he is making sure he is not associated with any particular camp is a genius move on his part..And unlike outsiders, he can afford that cos he is a star kid..
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: swati82

Yeah i know but like Neela Paani said if films like Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer i doubt ABCD2 is going to damage Varun, but let's see i'm just being hopeful. I don't think Varun will keep doing those masala films, it's still early in his career, it'll be awhile before he gets another film like Badlapur, until he gets another such script he may as well do films that will work at the box office. And yes all this is personal opinion only everyone is entitled to their own view

OK, by the same token if Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer why would Brothers or K&S or possibly Intouchables hurt Sid? Yes I know you weren't part of the Sid discussion but I'm still using this opportunity to make a point 😆.

Yea we are all hopeful for our favorites. Besides, Bollywood is a big enough place and a busy enough place where there will be work for everyone.