Reporters

Episode 13: Other Side of the Coin

AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zannat18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yay me first
πŸ‘πŸΌ  I was waiting for your long and beautiful review πŸ‘ . I can't thank you enough for making this postπŸ€— πŸ˜Š

From
Zannat
MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I love reading your posts, it gives me a reflection of the sujal/rajveer/rajeev fangirl in me. 
RK's onscreen presence and attitude is hypnotizing me, in every other way, i feel my brain cells lose their sharpness and elasticity to think straight.πŸ€ͺ

The jogging scene , it took a lot of time for me to refocus back into the show after seeing him in black and jogging right there.

I liked how they picked up on sexism , and its screwed, from reporters to employees, to national audience, everybody has a freedom of expression and thinking, but the difference is that majority jumps into the bandwagon as soon as something negative is being publicized .

Best part was Kabir indirectly replying back to Malvika by blasting Ananya, and rightfully, because the screams and tears about channel ratings were not there before kabir joined them, and he very well knows about how he should handle it .

The ex-wife and her voice over clarifies how the divorce was because Kabir has betrayed her somehow, and the hurt was visible in his face .

Originally posted by: DexterRocks

I love reading your posts, it gives me a reflection of the sujal/rajveer/rajeev fangirl in me. 

RK's onscreen presence and attitude is hypnotizing me, in every other way, i feel my brain cells lose their sharpness and elasticity to think straight.πŸ€ͺ

The jogging scene , it took a lot of time for me to refocus back into the show after seeing him in black and jogging right there.

Hahaha.. Hi-5!! πŸ€ͺ
It's sooo strange.. We've grown up from being hormonal school-girls to committed women and yet the attraction refuses to fade away.. 
I'm gonna go replay that jog again.. πŸ˜›

I liked how they picked up on sexism , and its screwed, from reporters to employees, to national audience, everybody has a freedom of expression and thinking, but the difference is that majority jumps into the bandwagon as soon as something negative is being publicized .

Yup.. And that's what makes it more real.. What happened with Kabir could possibly happen to a real reporter too.. 

Best part was Kabir indirectly replying back to Malvika by blasting Ananya, and rightfully, because the screams and tears about channel ratings were not there before kabir joined them, and he very well knows about how he should handle it .

The ex-wife and her voice over clarifies how the divorce was because Kabir has betrayed her somehow, and the hurt was visible in his face .

Yes..And the anger is also there!  (Okaay I gotta stop drooling!) I hope she doesn't enter now when he clears his name.. πŸ€”

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fantasia_junkie

Those school days, Kahi to hoga fever, mother screaming to go and sleep, and me quarelling with every other family member for sujal.
One thing i keep thinking is that 12 years passed, and Rajeev has got better, what does he eat and drink ? it was not the sujal effect only, something more about him.

whatever happened with kabir, i think he has faced such difficulties in his past too, the confidence and unapologetic approach he has, it is derived from his past losses and lessens. For once i am liking his attitude, yes t can be misinterpreted as his arrogance and even ego too, but the broader picture is still about what is right and what is wrong, he is not a sexist and thats it.

As you said, a lot of kabir's attitude comes from Rajeev, Rajeev himself is a very head strong and confident man, and the good looks and style adds upto any role he takes up, and he takes up only such roles, out of the box ones.

Its not a ekta kapoor show that one MU gets cleared and the ex steps in, so i hope the ex wife does not burge in between kaya after this drama ends. πŸ˜†
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Another reflective and thought-provoking post from you Avantika! And honestly seeing the amazing epi we got tonight, I was really waiting for your analysis with a bated breath. 😳

As for the epi, I feel this was one of the most layered and intense episodes of Reporters so far as for the first time we got a glimpse of who the real Kabir Sharma is.And more than that we also got a glimpse of what KaYa are going to be in the near future.

Today we saw a myriad moods of Kabir:

-The man who always supports the truth, no matter what it takes to do so. As he himself rightly said, a news is like a double ended sword and which side of the sword he wants to get slaughtered from is his choice. And true that coz if he doesn't support Neha in her accusation, the society is up in arms against him and if he does, he wont be able to face himself, so probably for him getting
slaughtered with his moral and ethics intact is a better option.

-The man who was dumped by his wife. Okay now this was the real emotional part and it had my heart go out for him. Rejection is too hard to handle, and it does not matter if you are a man or a woman, it hurts like hell,  specially if that rejection comes from a spouse. We don't know if Kabir was romantically into his wife or not but definately he was emotionally into the sanctity of the bond of marriage so that mistrust from his wife did affect him a lot.

-The man whose life got changed due to a fake accusation - Now this does not hold much relevance normally because Kabir already learnt his lessons the hard way, but if you see it from the perspective of Ananya's past that had almost a similar incident and tore her family apart, it does hold a lot of relevance!

-The man who is looking for some trust - Okay call this coming from an emotional fool or someone who has an eye for rajeev's hidden expressions, but every time he looked
into Ananya's eyes he was unknowingly demanding for some support. His closest person mistrusted him and so he does not expect trust from anyone but with Ananya, there
was a a hint of expectation. An expectation that atleast the girl who has the audacity to call her editor-in-chief corrupt for the sake of truth, can read the truth in his eyes. And thats why he probably explained his side of story to Malvika in Ananya's presence.And made a point to question Ananya regarding what are her opinions abt Dr Sinha. This particular part was enough to say that the least expectation if he has from anyone to understand his stance is Ananya. And what's more intriguing is, this feeling came so naturally to him. Like a telepathy. As if he would wish that she understood his silence like she's been doing since a while now. And it would be an understatement to say that Rajeev nailed it!

As for Ananya, I liked she did not believe in what Kabir said instantly. That again proves she has amazing reasoning skills. Even if he is her hero and he offered her job back to her, she still cant trust him blindly. And she says it openly. But definitely her conscious fails to believe that her hero can support something wrong so she urges him to speak for himself and prove his innocence. That is enough to tell how much she wants his tarnished image to be cleaned asap. Which makes me sure she will be the one to get him back his lost respect that would undoubtedly cement KaYa's bond.

And today most of the suspense factor too was unfolded regarding Tarini and Kabir's wife. Most probably as you said Kabir's wife left him because of some false link-ups with Tarini and that could be one of the reasons even Tarini is single and that makes Kabir guilty for her child who has no father to look after him.May be Tarini's husband/bf too dumped her.

All in all it was a brilliant episode. I love it when things get heady and force you to get involved emotionally into something.So I am really looking forward to this.

PS - There is one thing which i really feel is faltering from the standpoint of story and that is the debate regarding Kabir's statement of 'women now-a-days have made it a trend to play blame game' . Today Kabir said I may appear to be a sexist but the truth is he really does appear one with the boldness of that statement. It would have been much better if the writers made Kabir
say something like how the society and even KKN always supports women rights but sometimes they get misused and this case can be an example of that specially in absence of Dr Sinha's statement. But Kabir generalizes  an accusation of a sexual harassment case to be a fashion statement which in my view is a big mistake on the writer's end. It does sound distasteful specially seeing the kind of MCPs we have roaming around in India. Edited by Malika - 8 years ago
life93 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Avni diiiπŸ€—πŸ€—

a big huggie to u πŸ€—πŸ€— this analysis is just amazing..!!!

oh god ! you reminded  me of sujalπŸ˜‰...yeah rajeev has got incredible with every characterπŸ‘πŸΌ

n yeah one should see both side of a coin before judging anyone or anything but who cares ??

or least one should given a chance to prove their innocence !

and your point about a divorced person is very valid...we all forget we all are human we get hurt may times but keep try to hold the person we love but once the trust and respect fade away people split up. is it that hard to understand ??

though we can't tell others how to behave but we can do something when we don't judge others !

love u diπŸ€—
Sagi97 thumbnail
Avantika di..
It was too good episode analysis.

Yes, it answers some of the questions from the last week.

About Tarini, the boy Anurag, and Kabir's guilt. So now it pretty much seems that Tarini was an intern, there was a scandal, kabir's wife left him abruptly, Tarini was also dumped by her spouse/bf and she is the mother of Anurag.

Today is going to be one hell of the episode, kabir and Ananya both go undercover to discover what happened at the hospital. And some nice Kaya scenes can be expected.
-FreeSpirit- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Great review. The episode was very interesting and has set up the topics that will be dealt with in the upcoming episodes. I agree with ur hits, even in this 25 minutes episode where the main focus was on Kabir and Manav equal space was given to every character and we could see what they think about this issue and what are their reasoning. Manav is going down for sure, if only he could use that intelligence of his in something more useful he might have actually stood a chance to be editor-in-chief πŸ˜†.
I love the whole message behind all this, to look at two sides of the story. Its so relevant because we as humans tend to look at the single side that is the focus everywhere but we tend to ignore the other side which may be hidden and will only come to focus if we give our attention to the details of the issue.
Cant wait to see the next episode, hoping to be another fast paced episode 
Edited by -FreeSpirit- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by: DexterRocks

Those school days, Kahi to hoga fever, mother screaming to go and sleep, and me quarelling with every other family member for sujal.
One thing i keep thinking is that 12 years passed, and Rajeev has got better, what does he eat and drink ? it was not the sujal effect only, something more about him.

Hahaha.. And twirling in the rains with thoda sa pyaar hua hai in the bg, imagining sujal.. πŸ˜†
He's got a charm of his own, something that reflects into every performance of his.. I think it's the longest I've crushed over someone.. πŸ˜›

Whatever happened with kabir, i think he has faced such difficulties in his past too, the confidence and unapologetic approach he has, it is derived from his past losses and lessens. For once i am liking his attitude, yes t can be misinterpreted as his arrogance and even ego too, but the broader picture is still about what is right and what is wrong, he is not a sexist and thats it.

He is not a sexist, in fact he's quite the opposite.. I would say he's a fair judge of character and that is what makes him a suv successful journalist. 
Even in Nidhi Rane's case, everyone accused him of being insensitive when he asked a hard-hitting question.. And now too.. 
Are his thought-provoking questions morally incorrect, or does the fault lie in us- who do not want to see fingers being pointed at us or our so-called morality.. 

you said, a lot of kabir's attitude comes from Rajeev, Rajeev himself is a very head strong and confident man, and the good looks and style adds upto any role he takes up, and he takes up only such roles, out of the box ones.

Absolutely! He took a huge leap when he left KTH when it was in its prime.. And ditto with LRL.. He wanted to prove himself and he did it in his very first film.. 

Its not a ekta kapoor show that one MU gets cleared and the ex steps in, so i hope the ex wife does not burge in between kaya after this drama ends. πŸ˜†

Oh well.. u see EK dramas have scarred me for life, as much as I must have loved them in the past.. 
Kya karein - the vamp concept threatens to haunt everything just when things start falling into place.. πŸ˜›