Fantastic episode

Posted: 8 years ago
Very few shows are there which stands out for its whole execution and concept, apart from the cast and crew. While Reporters is a mandatory watch for many of Rajeev or Kritika fans, tonight after watching, i can play a safe bet that even if we are not their fans, the show as a whole does not disappoint its urdent viewers.

Sexism-

Controversial topic it is, recently we had seen a major debate and hooplah surrounding Deepika Padukone's " My choice " video, she was termed to be sexist by many, termed to be brave and woman of substance by many. I am sure it was not only the male brigade out there who questioned her approach, there were women too.

We saw a similar case tonight. What Kabir Sharma reported as his opinion and probably a slightest idea of the other side of the coin, that turned out to be a huge issue on whether Kabir is being a male chauvinist or not. Why is he questioning the integrity of a wise female student, and how dare he  tries to prove a point from the victim's side, who is a male ofcourse.

Now the woman, who challenged kabir in national tv, and expposed tarini pal's angle in his life, the woman who is constantly yelling out foul about being a woman and how she will not tolerate a single justification against the female student, was herself threatening Kabir, in his own office, to sue him and his channel and his whole career. Sexist much.

This is the same sexist Kabir sharma, who had proved Nidhi Rane, a female actor to be innocent and just through his sexism. This is again the same Kabir Sharma, who exposed a male selector's corruption, live in front of his audience, and sexism just gets better when he talks in defense of a man .

Ananya- Genuine and intelligent 

Whoever wrote Ananya's character, deserves an applaud. Her two minds in support of Kabir was not only because she idol worships him, or has a crush on him, but also because she does not like jumping in the bandwagon.

Yes she stalks Kabir, tries to get hold of what he is going through, or the internal authority meetings, but just to ensure that whether the confusion in her mind is valid or not. For once, i loved seeing a female lead spying the male lead and then doing 2+2, because mostly hindi soaps forget that spying does not lead to only misunderstanding, but clarifications too.

The highlight of the whole episode ofcourse was, the conversation between Kabir and Ananya, and when he tells her that every body digs out the ifs and buts of the accused, but nobody cares to dig out the information about the one who is accusing . Ananya replies to herself that yes everybody did when my father was accused, but it was only you who chose not to jump in the bandwagon. 👏👏. This was a joyful moment, atleast for me, because this single line tells a lot about the honesty and ideology of Kabir and the trust Ananya has on his ways.

Khaled-Malvika-Manav

Bunch of jokers i must say . i love Khaled, no second thoughts there, i like him more because he just assures it t the viewers more that he needed Kabir sharma to reach at the 2nd spot of the TRP ratings.. No wonder Kabir shuts him up by saying that thre is no difference between KKN and Kabir sharma, so he will not take the crap.

Manav, well he needs treatment soon, Kabir sharma is snatching his raato ki neend, din ka chain, hardly can a man affect another man in such ways. Manav, well if he continues his greatness like this, soon Malvika will send him to romance either Tarini or Kabir's ex wife.

Malvika, this woman, sometimes is intelligent and sometimes dumb. I mean, what makes her go to kabir and mourn over the 2nd spot which their channel achieved only due to him ? her intelligence is being influenced by Manav i guess.

Ronnie-Disha-Trisha

Gossip girls at their best .

Last but not the least-

Kabir-

Rajeev Khandelwal, seems to be hypnotizing me whenever he is onscreen. I cannot even breathe, is he even mortal to have that kind of screen presence and aura around him ?

I do not want to sound like a teenage fangirl here, but holy cow, when he was jogging, i wanted to pause the show, look at him and take deep breaths. I can clearly understand why Kabir is surrounded by so many fangirls and fanboys.

Jokes apart. Kabir's past is his biggest weakness, and the voice over of his wife clearly states that he had betrayed her and so she left him, but i think the ideal case would be she has somehow misunderstood him. Kabir seemed to be quite pissed at Malvika and blasted Ananya instead, because he knew Ananya will listen to him and will not refute with any kind of nonsense like channel ki TRP ka kya hoga.

And his sarcasm is quite good too, Trisha surely seems like to be his favorite for being all sarcastic. But I am glad that he let his personal issues aside and is still focusing on Dr. Dibendra Sinha's issue, as that seems to be his prior challenge now .

Precap- Takes the cake. At first i did not realize that it was Kabir in disguise of the doctore, just how Ananya couldn't, but yeah slowly it lighted the lamp in my brain while Sharma walked towards Ananya, while Ananya realizes that its none other than, her kabir sir. Why cannot tuesday come just now ?😳

PS- A brilliant episode. Do leave your comments .
Edited by DexterRocks - 8 years ago
Lovely post 👏. Agree with you 100 %😊
Thank you for sharing this post with us 😊
Great review of the episode. 👍🏼

The dynamics between all the characters in this serial are quite superb. 😃

I love what they did with the whole accused--accuser thing. Nowadays Feminism and Nari shakti seem to have become holy cows even at the cost of the truth. 

A woman is not automatically on the side of the right, a man is not by default the villain. Every accusation and defence needs to be judged in its own merit as well. Yes, there are evils in society but it doesn't mean there is no room for alternative opinions. That lady was trying to shut Kabir up, intimidate him and wring an apology on the basis that no one can say anything against women today.
I'm a girl myself and I'm all for gender equality but I don't agree about shushing anyone who has a nuanced opinion in the matter.

I like that Kabir stood up for what he'd said - and love, love, love how the investigation is going!!
Yay.
Bubble

PS. He was trying to tell Malavika a few things and used Ananya's presence to make his statement sharper than he would have directly... poor Ananya left without saying a word 😆

Kabir was best as usual. RK was brilliant. But the episode had minor glitches, ignorable, nevertheless, short of reaching a perfect episode. 
Firstly, small point. I have mentioned it in two other places. WHY DOES MALVIKA WEAR FORMALS AT HOME? Crazy. Bad idea, Costume guys.

Secondly, HOW IS MANAV MAKING PHONES TO RIVALS FROM THE OFFICE LANDLINE?

Stupid. A news company will make sure news is not leaked to the rivals. Though it happens. They share and leak news. NOT THROUGH THE OFFICE LANDLINE, COME ON. Even I am smarter than that. That doesn't say Manav is dumb. Just says CVs think WE are dumb.

Wife is a huge disappointment with her staged yelling and screeching. Beh. 

Oh. You can't start overhearing things that your seniors speak. Forget guts or anything. It isn't possible to!

Lastly, everyone has a balanced view. Nobody goes completely for or against anything unless it is a debate. 

To show Ananya's loyalty, they can NOT make everybody gossip girls and stupid! Just can't.

You are killing their characters! 

Oh. I agree about the activist though.

WHY IS THE ACTIVIST NOT IN THE OFFICE THE PREVIOUS DAY? WHEN HE ACTUALLY SAID THE NEWS BUT AFTER HER INTERVIEW? Says a lot about her right?

Bloody effing woman.

And...  ya. KKN and Kabir. I am sorry to disagree with the dude. Unfortunately, they are NOT one and the same! One of the main principles of a business, Men may come and men may go, but the company goes on forever! Company and owner are separate entities! Let them not make it emo or sentimental by saying, we are one. One for all, all for each. 

Trust me, this is not how things work. I know about this more than they do. Nice analysis though! Just being clear, I am attacking the ISSUE here. Not any person in particular.
Bye!
he show was faadu!!
loved it
m also liking the plot not just the leads
rajeev khandelwal is beyond fantastic
loved the way he walked out of the cabin
Originally posted by najma123

Kabir was best as usual. RK was brilliant. But the episode had minor glitches, ignorable, nevertheless, short of reaching a perfect episode. 
Firstly, small point. I have mentioned it in two other places. WHY DOES MALVIKA WEAR FORMALS AT HOME? Crazy. Bad idea, Costume guys.

Secondly, HOW IS MANAV MAKING PHONES TO RIVALS FROM THE OFFICE LANDLINE?

Stupid. A news company will make sure news is not leaked to the rivals. Though it happens. They share and leak news. NOT THROUGH THE OFFICE LANDLINE, COME ON. Even I am smarter than that. That doesn't say Manav is dumb. Just says CVs think WE are dumb.

Wife is a huge disappointment with her staged yelling and screeching. Beh. 

Oh. You can't start overhearing things that your seniors speak. Forget guts or anything. It isn't possible to!

Lastly, everyone has a balanced view. Nobody goes completely for or against anything unless it is a debate. 

To show Ananya's loyalty, they can NOT make everybody gossip girls and stupid! Just can't.

You are killing their characters! 

Oh. I agree about the activist though.

WHY IS THE ACTIVIST NOT IN THE OFFICE THE PREVIOUS DAY? WHEN HE ACTUALLY SAID THE NEWS BUT AFTER HER INTERVIEW? Says a lot about her right?

Bloody effing woman.

And...  ya. KKN and Kabir. I am sorry to disagree with the dude. Unfortunately, they are NOT one and the same! One of the main principles of a business, Men may come and men may go, but the company goes on forever! Company and owner are separate entities! Let them not make it emo or sentimental by saying, we are one. One for all, all for each. 

Trust me, this is not how things work. I know about this more than they do. Nice analysis though! Just being clear, I am attacking the ISSUE here. Not any person in particular.
Bye!

I think as its a hindi show bloopers like Malvika being in formals while Kabir was still jogging can be ignored, i mean the bigger picture of the show was impactful, i applaud the team for their effort though there are obviously small loopholes.

Manav, well i agree here with you. why do you think i call him a joker, he is one of them and entertains me a lot too. I like him as a character, he delivers a character which is in betwen grey and negative, i want to see how the writers progress with his role, because he should not be restricted to plot and conspire against kabir through out the show.

Kabir and KKN being the same , i meant to repeat what kabir said, i do not agree with him, because as you said, a single person cannot change the entire course of a business, but i appreciate kabir's confidence, and why ? because once he says that he is the only reason to take the channel at the 2nd best spot, none of them, neither Khaled nor Malvika refutes and argues back, and what does that mean  They are actually agreeing with him in this part, and they need their ratings, they need kabir indirectly.

and khaled was wrong to misinterpret Kabir by making it about kabir's ego, he failed to see the borader picture that it was not about kabir's ego but channel's ego too, as kabir asking an apology would mean that the channel as a whole has failed to maintain their integrity and reliability. No sane business man gets scared or threatened at a simple outburst of media like this, business is always a risk, and unless they take risks and fight back, how do they even dream of reaching the top spot ? 

The whole KKN system fails to understand the A-Z of the tactics of operating a channel, I am not saying Kabir is the only one who can feed them success, but he is the only one who can atleast feed them with ideas and concepts . 
Originally posted by soapbubble

Great review of the episode. 👍🏼

The dynamics between all the characters in this serial are quite superb. 😃

I love what they did with the whole accused--accuser thing. Nowadays Feminism and Nari shakti seem to have become holy cows even at the cost of the truth. 

A woman is not automatically on the side of the right, a man is not by default the villain. Every accusation and defence needs to be judged in its own merit as well. Yes, there are evils in society but it doesn't mean there is no room for alternative opinions. That lady was trying to shut Kabir up, intimidate him and wring an apology on the basis that no one can say anything against women today.
I'm a girl myself and I'm all for gender equality but I don't agree about shushing anyone who has a nuanced opinion in the matter.

I like that Kabir stood up for what he'd said - and love, love, love how the investigation is going!!
Yay.
Bubble

PS. He was trying to tell Malavika a few things and used Ananya's presence to make his statement sharper than he would have directly... poor Ananya left without saying a word 😆

i liked how they raised an issue on sexism. As you said, being a woman does not give a character certificate of being the innocent one, and similarly being a man does not ensure every man to be a villain .

I am a woman too, and i do not understand that why is it always that a woman is touted to be strong and independent when she defeats or bruises the ego of a man ? I believe in gender equality too, and i appreciate that they showed Ananya and Malvika being supportive of Kabir, they surely did not buy anything about him being a chauvinist even.though malvika was more worried about the channel ratings.

Kabir blasting ananya, but pointing the words to malvika, seemed like he knew Ananya does not buy the crap, and he seemed to be disappointed that Malvika and Khaled doubted his ways and his approach . 

Ananya is totaly smitten by Kabir, and i am sure Kabir has an idea about it.😆
Originally posted by salmankhanrulz

he show was faadu!!
loved it
m also liking the plot not just the leads
rajeev khandelwal is beyond fantastic
loved the way he walked out of the cabin

Yes Rajeev's screen presence is fantastic, his attitude and personality boosts the show.
beautiful analysis !  👍🏼