Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Cannes 2015: Katrina Kaif stuns in black

Katrina Kaif was wearing a strapless Oscar De La Renta gown

Katrina Kaif, who is making her debut at the 68th Cannes Festival, looked stunning in a black strapless gown. The dress accentuated Katrina's slim figure. A top look from the fashionista! (Source: Twitter) - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/photos/entertainment-gallery/cannes-2015-aishwarya-rai-sonam-kapoor-katrina-kaif/#sthash.nWqbbScX.dpuf
Meherbaan thumbnail
Katrina featured on Vogue's best dressed at Cannes list
Best Dressed

Who wore what: Cannes 2015

Nitya Chablani | 14 May 2015 

Katrina Kaif in Oscar de la Renta

Image: Getty
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Cannes Film Festival immediately brings to mind images of stars against the landscape of the French Riviera, decadent dinner parties, and of course, red carpets studded with extravagant ensembles.

The 68th edition of the prestigious film festival saw Katrina Kaif make her debut on its scene. Her ensemble of choice: a dark-meets-romantic Oscar de la Renta gown. And Bollywood's attendance doesn't just stop here"Sonam Kapoor will attend Cannes on May 16 and 18, joined by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on May 17 and 20.

Who will they wear? While you make your guesses, find out whose Cannes wardrobe is already stealing the spotlight. Scroll through Vogue's style slideshow to get the latest.

shrikrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kat looks pretty fine.Its a nice debut and people seem to be liking it on twitter.Hell lot better than how Aish debuted.But still Sonam was the best debut the Jean Paul Gaultier white gown she wore in 2011 and carried it so well will stay Cannes debut benchmark for Indian actresses

Kat's press meet look was better that suddenly increased expectations hopefully she'll rock the red carpet in coming years
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shrikrishna

Kat looks pretty fine.Its a nice debut and people seem to be liking it on twitter.Hell lot better than how Aish debuted.But still Sonam was the best debut the Jean Paul Gaultier white gown she wore in 2011 and carried it so well will stay Cannes debut benchmark for Indian actresses

Kat's press meet look was better that suddenly increased expectations hopefully she'll rock the red carpet in coming years

Who are you and what have you done with the real shrikrishna? ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜† If this isn't sarcasm, it's pleasant to read a very unbiased view despite personal prejudices.
Meherbaan thumbnail
Jewellery

Flashing lights at Cannes 2015

Katrina Kaif in a diamond bracelet and earrings by Chopard

http://www.vogue.in/content/flashing-lights-cannes-2015#5

Edited by Meherbaan - 8 years ago
shrikrishna thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

Who are you and what have you done with the real shrikrishna?😲😆If this isn't sarcasm, it's pleasant to read a very unbiased view despite personal prejudices.

LOL am asli shrikrishna 😆
No it isn't sarcasm
Sonam have raised the fashion bar for Indian actresses at Cannes film festival and I can't take it away from her.I remember I thought she looked stunner in that dress and the dress was somewhat wacky too but she carried it well.Hopefully someone may post her debut pic as I am using mobile so can't post it :)Edited by shrikrishna - 8 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Here: 

Sonam Kapoor's Cannes style file

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/photos/entertainment-gallery/sonam-kapoors-cannes-film-festival-style-file/2/#sthash.BaG4YGk0.dpuf
We even have the butt here!🥳
Edited by .Hajmola. - 8 years ago
shrikrishna thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Here:

<h1>Sonam Kapoor's Cannes style file</h1>

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/photos/entertainment-gallery/sonam-kapoors-cannes-film-festival-style-file/2/#sthash.BaG4YGk0.dpuf
We even have the butt here!🥳

I was going to request you to post it.Thanks for listening my dil ki awaaz lol
Yup!! That's her debut look..
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _kiara17

🤣this is the scariest pic I've ever seen

buddhi amma😲

Not a fan

But look at the confidence despite her knowing she has put on soo much weight. It is her confidence which makes her stand tall..something which katrina simply lacked
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I love how half the thread is about Aishwarya and she hasn't even set her foot in Cannes yet.

Btw, she wore chappals in 2003 because she had been through a near-fatal accident where she injured her foot severely, and this was just a month before the festival.

Also her first appearance at Cannes was in 2002 - at the screening of her own film Devdas - where the French were awestruck by her, not in 2003 - when she was a jury member and hence that many apperances, and yes most of them were bad. From 2005 onwards, she has upped her fashion game big time though.

You cant compare Katrina of 2015 to Aishwarya of 2002-03. Ash didn't have a team of stylists to tell her what to wear unlike Katrina, she wore whatever she wanted! She was doing more important things like judging movies (she was the first Indian actor to be on Cannes jury), rather than just focusing on looking pretty.