Satrangi Sasural

India-Forums

Satrangi Sasural
Satrangi Sasural

E24- Aarushi's official grihapravesh+On location video (Page 2)

PeaceJoyLove Groupbie
PeaceJoyLove
PeaceJoyLove

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:23am | IP Logged
@kautilya04, I'm with you on the pacing of the Neelima-Gautam track.  It's been about month and, for me, it's been probably the most bizarre track I've ever seen on this show since the start.  I was wondering if Gautam would stay or go after whatever drama happens at the wedding, but seems like he's here for awhile.  If that's the case, they need to at least make him a little bit interesting.   

@veeranu, I don't mind a little trouble.  Every story must have some form of conflict or tension.  It's the type of trouble the writers will eventually choose that causes me some anxiety.  

I must confess that I agree with all of you on the show's stylist.  For both Aarushi and Vihaan's wardrobes actually.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bindiya-95kautilya04

kautilya04 IF-Dazzler
kautilya04
kautilya04

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PeaceJoyLove

@kautilya04, I'm with you on the pacing of the Neelima-Gautam track.  It's been about month and, for me, it's been probably the most bizarre track I've ever seen on this show since the start.  I was wondering if Gautam would stay or go after whatever drama happens at the wedding, but seems like he's here for awhile.  If that's the case, they need to at least make him a little bit interesting.   

True, this whole Neelima-Gautam track has been bizarre. Poor writing and ridiculous twists. I put up with it only because of Arhaan scenes. If the CVs wanted the viewers to find Neelima-Gautam's story even remotely appealing, they should have made Neelima more likable before beginning this track, and they should have put a lot more colour and life into Gautam's character like you said. They can still do some damage control but they'll have to do it quickly.  And the best way to do damage control is to end this track asap LOL

Edited by kautilya04 - 04 May 2015 at 9:48am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PeaceJoyLove

PeaceJoyLove Groupbie
PeaceJoyLove
PeaceJoyLove

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kautilya04

Originally posted by PeaceJoyLove

True, this whole Neelima-Gautam track has been bizarre. Poor writing and ridiculous twists. I put up with it only because of Arhaan scenes. If the CVs wanted the viewers to find Neelima-Gautam's story even remotely appealing, they should have made Neelima more likable before beginning this track, and they should have put a lot more colour and life into Gautam's character like you said. They can still do some damage control but they'll have to do it quickly.  And the best way to do damage control is to end this track asap LOL

Arhaan scenes truly were the saving grace for this whole track, and they weren't used as well as they could have.  Your last sentence, OMG, yes!   LOL  That would be the best damage control, just end it quickly and head into a new track with one of the other Moms.  I suspect they may want save Narmada's track as the piece de resistance because it will have such deep emotional significance for Vihaan as well as Dadima, and Aarushi by extension.  So, in the meantime, if they're not going to do Priyanka's track, then maybe a short track for Mini or Harpeet.  Hopefully, in future, they make any man from the Moms' pasts more layered and interesting, and make the tracks as a whole more cohesive and down-to-earth.  

Edited by PeaceJoyLove - 04 May 2015 at 10:52am

bindiya-95kautilya04

kautilya04 IF-Dazzler
kautilya04
kautilya04

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:57am | IP Logged
@peacelovejoy- Agree with every single line in your comment!!Clap The CVs didn't use Arhaan as nicely as they should. And in spite of that, they were the only reason many of us watched this track :| LOL Hope the CVs learn their lesson with this. Yeah, Narmada's track will probably be the most powerful one, followed by Priyanka's. I want the CVs to take their time and work extensively on all of the remaining stories. Don't want a crazy, idiotic and rushed job like this Neelima-Gautam track Wacko Couldn't even get involved in their story because of the way it was written and because of the ridiculous twists. Don't want that to happen with any of the others. And the most important part...in between all of this, I want to see Aarushi-Vihaan's story develop and bloom. So yeah... all I want is everything ApproveLOL 
Btw you can call me Ranjana/Ranju :) And may I know your name please? Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PeaceJoyLove

PeaceJoyLove Groupbie
PeaceJoyLove
PeaceJoyLove

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kautilya04

@peacelovejoy- Agree with every single line in your comment!!Clap The CVs didn't use Arhaan as nicely as they should. And in spite of that, they were the only reason many of us watched this track :| LOL Hope the CVs learn their lesson with this. Yeah, Narmada's track will probably be the most powerful one, followed by Priyanka's. I want the CVs to take their time and work extensively on all of the remaining stories. Don't want a crazy, idiotic and rushed job like this Neelima-Gautam track Wacko Couldn't even get involved in their story because of the way it was written and because of the ridiculous twists. Don't want that to happen with any of the others. And the most important part...in between all of this, I want to see Aarushi-Vihaan's story develop and bloom. So yeah... all I want is everything ApproveLOL 
Btw you can call me Ranjana/Ranju :) And may I know your name please? Embarrassed

Hi Ranjana!  I should have introduced myself earlier -- I'm J.   Big smile    You are not alone in wanting everything.  LOL  Good, well written story for the Moms' tracks and more exploration of Vihaan-Aarushi's love story.   

It would be nice if Arhaan are allowed to work together even when they don't agree.  

Oh, I understand what you mean about this Neelima-Gautam track.  It's great that Gautam is written as remorseful, but as a viewer I didn't know what to do with his weepy and sometimes suicidal turns.  I guess he was just harder for me to understand than I expected.

Part of my own difficulty may also be because the track seems outside of Neelima's established personality.  Would it have worked better if Gautam was introduced as a new client or employee of Vatsala?  That way he would have to interact with both Neelima and Vihaan and let the sparks fly from there.  Aarushi could have been involved by having her help on some kind of short term project at the company.  

But we are where we are, and I'm willing to see how they finish it off.   As you said, hopefully they learn from this and plot the other tracks differently.  

bindiya-95kautilya04

bindiya-95 Senior Member
bindiya-95
bindiya-95

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Hi J, im Bindiya, nice to meet you Big smile
i agreee with both you and Ranju, the entire track was so dramatic and borderline dragging, something we're not used to in SS. 
They put 2 kidnapping sequences in there, now a lizard poisoning?? Confused
There was also Gautam's suicide attempt, his jail sequence, him terrorizing Vatsal parivaar by holding Aarushi hostage!! 
Har roz ek naya tamasha, aur upar se Arhaan jhagda. 

Kasturi's domestic violence track was important for a social reason, but to the show and at this track, how/why was it necessary? Shocked
Did the actor quit the show, thats why they had to show his exit somehow? and Girish magically changing??? 
The whole thing is an entire mess Sleepy I guess im not suprised the BARC ratings are on the lower side. 
CVs rushing to do Aarushi's Grihapravesh might be their way of introducing a newer and worthwhile track that will attract audiences? 
If thats the case then im alll for it! 

All the actors deserve better, there are such a talented group of people, they should be rewarded, at least with good ratingsLOL

PeaceJoyLovekautilya04

kautilya04 IF-Dazzler
kautilya04
kautilya04

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:05am | IP Logged
@ J - Hello J :) That is exactly my problem with this track. It doesn't fit the overall tone of the story or the profile of the characters. Neelima, who is supposed to be a very strong and intelligent woman, turns into a puddle of goo as soon as her pathetic, sobbing conman of a husband looks at her with puppy dog eyes? :/  and Gautam's character is strange and annoying to say the least. Every time we see him, he is sniveling like an idiot Sleepy the only way this track can make sense is if it some big con game and one of them is manipulating the other. 
@Bindiya - Omg you're so right... so many illogical and ridiculous scenes were crammed into one single track Confused All the trappings of a C-grade Hindi movieSleepy  This kind of gibberish is really not expected from the CVs.   Seriously... no other show can boast of such a stellar cast, and look at what the writers are making them do OuchD'oh

PeaceJoyLovebindiya-95

PeaceJoyLove Groupbie
PeaceJoyLove
PeaceJoyLove

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Hi Bindiya!  Good to meet you too!  Big smile  I was saying the same thing you said in your last sentence, but I was too afraid to write it.  SS has an awesome ensemble cast, and they always bring their top game to the table.  It's now up to the CVs to do their part and hopefully ZeeTV exercises some patience.  I'm with you in hoping that the Moms' (well some of them, LOL) formally welcoming Aarushi into the family marks a turning point.  

You ask a really good questions about the timing of tying up the Pandits' domestic violence track.  It was a very timely, relevant track that had ample build-up.  But it really isn't clear why they chose to close it now. You're right, so much has been going on, it was like they were trying to hit a lot at the wall to see what sticks. 

BARC first numbers come from a small sample, but it may truly be helpful in better understanding what is working and not working.  Hopefully they inspired the CVs to better plan their upcoming arcs.  Developing a good B story may also help.  The Pandits were their B story, but where does their story go from here?

@Ranjana, I could accept a twist like that -- both of them conning each other or something along those lines -- if they gave us any indication that it's something either of them is capable of at the moment.  But at this point, I'm not expecting it.  So I'm waiting to see how they get their way out of it soon.  LOL

bindiya-95kautilya04

Go to top