Diya Aur Baati Hum

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

** YOUR TAKE** (Page 3)

zona. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:49am | IP Logged
nice post rama di...
alot of confusion n show and me as wellLOL
i cant tell what is the problem for less ratings and even less forum activity...(we cant blame summers thoughLOL bcoz even CM rank is telling something else...)

but yes show has become v boring...even when m sitting in front of tv m not interested in dabh at all...donno but cvs hv opened up many tracks at a time that hv made viewers lose their interest...the tracks till now hv no climax no suspense at all that keeps viewers hooked to show...

everything is handled in a v li8 manner ...

cvs r hell confused how to drag this serial...they cant just sail their boat on shoulders of just childrens mini dramas or small ]parallel tracks...

lets c what this new tracks brings to the show...can it regain the ratings...but m sure that even till now cvs wont know whether to show a leap or suraj struggling snd showing each step of his journey...

reg, vAnsh when i think logically then my mind says that he should be with AA they r v good parents ... though they did bad with surya but never did anything wrong with vansh...

but my heart says something else and i dont feel good seeing him away from surya...

cvs r also confused n this matter...

Edited by zona. - 04 May 2015 at 5:50am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jsingh12 Goldie

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pasurYa

btw..where on earth does a bank give loan by considering the customer's dream ?? 
Sounds stupid to hear suraj telling he has a dream nd sandy agreeing...

That too to get a loan for buying such a big hotel .. too much security will be asked right ?Confused

Yes, even me too thought the same Confused  I felt that interview scene could have been better shot it was so short with just 1 question Ouch Previously when Suraj took Sandy's interview it was very well executed. I thought one nice heart to heart surya convo after his aangan revelation of building hotel but high hopes from our cvs Angry

Thala, I don't know anything about TRPs but as a viewer I feel DABH is lacking in some good story telling. Script is bizarre. First and foremost mistake they are doing is keeping SurYa on back burner Thumbs Down  I'm not talking about any romance but this is their story so focus should be on their emotional quotient as couple along as parents. I was so disappointed because there is no single surya direct convo reg Suraj's dream except that 1 min interview Ermm If one becomes parent means will they talk 24/7 about their kid only with their spouse? Ouch  Please cvs bring back our SurYa Cry

Second, all the parallel tracks are also not gripping at all. They brought Vansh so early and left him like that. They shouldn't have revealed his identity to surya and make him connect to them and showed AA little partial towards bulbul so that his reunion with SurYa will be more convincing. Meena and bhabho don't know what they are scheming. Mohit telling he went in search of god is worst and after entry his schemes no words Dead

Lastly I wrote this many times Sandy-Ved bond. They need to concentrate on it too. There is no single proper family moment between SurYaVed till now. 

Sorry for the long rant.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Tan. Goldie

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 6:19am | IP Logged

Nice post Thala! Big smile

Dunno...that impulse or that 'impatient me' to see the show has just vanished. I don't feel like watching it anymore, even my parents ask me "arey you used to get so mad at us if we watched it before you now if it's on television and you're sitting in front of the television you're not watching it and texting on your phone?!" I guess I'm just going to take a break from a show for a while...I am confused just like the CV's, as to what I want. Plus the leap came to suddenly and quickly even though it was in the talks for a month or two before it appeared and ever since then everything just seems abrupt, this is for me personally and I don't expect anyone to agree with me, just my opinion. Sorry if I said anything rude, harsh, mean or offensive. I have no intention to hurt anyone. Smile

thala IF-Addictz

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 6:41am | IP Logged
@ jaan you are right 
they terribly missed to create a rapport between sanved
i was eager to see how sandy creates a bonding with ved
but the intro she gave on first epi of leap was a hype 
as though she knew in and out of him
now during hotel track they will completely forget surved
may be their habit of taking one relationship at a time and then forgetting it
is causing probs

GovindaGovinda Senior Member

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:00am | IP Logged
I am not regular viewer of this show anymore and have not been on this forum either but thought of getting this out of my chest - I am very positive that I will offend few hard core DABH fans but ...Embarrassed
  • my opinion not trying to offend anyone and not trying to bring actors personal life, which I really do not care,  the show's failure to bring/show its magic has lot to do with actors personal lifes, what happened etc.  Everyone knows what I am trying to say - one can see it clearly when u watch the shows pre IPS and post IPS.  
  • having said that, even CVs lost interest in this show.  Writers, crew everyone lost their passion to make this No.1 - again one can see the difference Pre and Post IPS
  • Post IPS - wrong direction - writers were lost in their thoughts meaning they could not think how to incorporate IPS wife with normal family - started showing LP person, first day of work then boom - went down with Kavitha mess - lot of loose ends there it self - I know people disagree with me
  • then came the worst of all - HJ track - now writers have completely lost it - dragged it and finally when they ended it is a mess - on top of it, KD - that is even absurd
  • so to come out of HJ mess, they brought the leap - again worst thing - how could they show a parent giving their child with out properly thinking - this is final nail on the coffin with viewers like me - I could not bear that thought it self
  • Now kids - kids are cute but what r they showing - parents being manipulated by the kids - kids lying -
  • finally this Suraj dream - what the heck - does he need his son to make him think about his dream - what happened till now - did he think that they always will be in HG and never ever will be in outside world - that is what is wrong here - it should have been Sandhya who made him something more than hlwaii - she knows how talented he is - how hardworking he is - she never even thought about this
so my final analysis is - no proper story because there are no proper writers who knows how to write a script with IPS wife who is married to common man -  I have been saying from the beginning, becoming IPS one step but fulfilling IPS duty as well as a wife duty is even tougher that too with family like RP - instead of showing those struggles, the CVs brought every mess they can think of
on top of it, personal issues of the actors which makes it difficult to direct freely

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

AhamyTed IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Coming here after weeks , nd aate hi I saw ur post Smile

Ders nothing left in the show that would actually intrigue me to watch it. I was quite loyal for the past 3 year's, a die hard fan...But nw there's nothing left to admire in the show.
I have stopped watching DABH. 
Post-IPS ws a total crap as GG said ...yet , I watched it wid full loyalty bcoz I wanted to see SurYa raising their family, nd moreover I loved AniKa's pair...
I was actually waiting for the leap , but wn it finally came , der ws nothing so interesting as I expected.Sleepy
More than pointing out other thing's , I wud lyk to say dt Off-screen issues had a very big impact on me...bcoz of which I lost my respect for the actors.
No proper script , lack of love towards the actors r the main reasons for me to leave.

Finally , better shows wid an intriguing nd fresh script are coming every single day...
Ppl wud prefer to watch those rather dn watching this unnecessary drag Dead

Purely my POV .

Edited by AhamyTed - 04 May 2015 at 11:40am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Script is the main reason for drop in ratings.

No intriguing factors.  The story should revolve around the leads and especially IPS and family and not just any one of it.

Leap not well planned.

Off-screen issues of actors certainly do have an impact but it is for a short period.  Good track and script can bring back the show to top if PH/CVs are interested.

I have completely stopped watching DABH in its regular time and just watch here and there of the repeats.  Only read updates in forum and sometimes comments on PH FB site.

My version of DABH ends with SurYa having twins (of course without baby donation).LOLLOL

Edited by b2011 - 04 May 2015 at 3:49pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sonali_11 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Almost all the shows on television are still stuck with the ' tried and tested formulas and predictable storylines/ tracks.
Look at SNS , Meri ashiqui tum se hi and other such shows .. they dont have anything new to offer ...I never want  DABH to follow such patterns and thankfully it has always been different.

Whenever DABH has tried to do something different or experimented with a new concept it always had a slow start , but came back with a bang during the climax.. I don't see any problem in the show especially when I compare it with other shows on-air or more specifically the shows in top 5. ... 4.6 Is not bad either , the shows which are having high trp compared to DABH last week  I doubt they can sustain .
Whats the use of high trp for one month and then fall off like anything?
Atleast DABH remains consistent

4.6 for leap with kids , storyline in the process of building up is pretty much decent..  Portrayal of Suraj after the bday incident has been superb.
Focus is always on Surya even now, but I believe the moments they shared when sandhya's was becoming an IPS should be brought back.. Heart to heart discussions and a bit of romance which has been the USP of the show.
Secondly, Some suspense factor should be added up for drama as simple storylines dont bring very high trps.

One more thing, Under the TAM trp system..It was never easy to hit  6 or 5 for all the shows, this new system seems to be working for every flop show is what Im really confused the same time happy too that if such shows can get such high trp then DABH too can get good one.Im waiting for this week and next weeks trp to come to a conclusion.
Some interesting promos can always work.
I do have good expectations from this track...I m sure we will be back on top soon.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index