Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#108| Of Intentional Goofups n Moon Eyes... (Page 10)

ZAHARA. IF-Sizzlerz
ZAHARA.
ZAHARA.

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
@CooChi liked your post on Mukti. Gave a different side and newer perspective on her (good job!) 
and it made me think... you're right. 

There is a lot of things about Mukti that is revolutionary, and how she is different from the Indian woman displayed on TV. She's not perfect, and she's not a pure, so called abla naari trope that are shown. And she KNOWS that. She has problems, and she's trying to gain control of her demons. She has sex, so what? She wears skin seeing clothes. SO WHAT? I like what Mukti is about. But then I think... why do I not really care for her? I mean, a modern girl who has flaws... sounds like a good recipe for a great character right? But no. I honestly don't really feel empathetic towards her. Why? I think that's mostly to do with the plot lines and credit has to go to CC as well. I hated the Abhi track... too much emphasis was given to MukBhi when it didn't make sense. Okay, she may have fallen in love with him, but don't show us their lovestory when he has cancer, and the actors cannot act! A (possibly great) character was ruined just because of plot. Heck even if Mukbhi were to happen, why did Abhi had to fall in love with her? Make it platonic, with Mukti maybe having some feelings but he taught her how to live life again. AGH.

Cabir worked because a) Ayaz was great and b) his story pulled the characters even before the dumb plots started (ie, his mother)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shantellbrownmoonstonespiritCooChi

ZAHARA. IF-Sizzlerz
ZAHARA.
ZAHARA.

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Exactly I have been waiting for that break down since Musicana . But till Manik is around that will never happen , hence you need externals like Soha, Pandit to shake her up, make her vulnerable- thing is thats where FC failed , ti made her seem annoying because it never gave important to her fears ever. 

Alya, Dhruv, Cabir , Mukti all had damaged pasts hence their growth is visible but with Nandini you don't have anything except for relationship troubles and that is sorted . So what next? Bring someone to impact that break-down force her to cry out. Which is why I always say it's unfair to compere her "growth" with any other characters, because they all started from different places. 

There's only so much of these externals I can take before I feel really annoyed by everything. 

Is Dhruv's growth visible? His reasons are just brushed under the carpet -_- but I agree about the other 3. 

And your final line, yes I agree with you there and you're right. You can't compare her with others. All this time Nandini has been helping others... I want others to help her. 

moonstonespirit-KP-charminggenie

white_beauty Goldie
white_beauty
white_beauty

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by CooChi

Kuch bhi ho Nandu is still the BASHT for me!!! LOL

Same . No eating disorder, no suicidal tendencies , no random Momma drama , still normal character on the show. LOL

It will be annoying her breaking point because that will mean ugly crying, her dependence on Manik , her confusion while all other characters be at better place in life. Just handle it well . 
the eating disorder irks me so badOuch
the nanadini breakdown..can it be possible in a way that yes initially crying outburst once but eventually it all turning into anger at how everything has gone wrong for her she going into a shell with all her confusion and trying to work things out and not wanting help from others including manik..i mean anger can actually do alot in rebooting her character at this point also wanting to be free of any dependency on anyone which brings me to the point that manik will obviously go all paranoid about this kidnapping thing and become more protective rather over protective about her...over bearing without realising it and nandini getting all suffocated due to this adding her own issues post kidnapping?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sheetal_tellsmoonstonespirit-KP-charminggenie

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
@Zahara - See this is the thing for 100 odd episodes you had mystery which is why a lot fo characters seemed promising - Mukti but the moment we realized her deal with Harshad that was gone, then we had recovering phase which started on a good note but CC could never sell her expressions, she played the intial Mukti all the time. Even with Abhi , I could understand the relationship but those bambi love sick eyes during NYE was such an overkill.Like I said they gave lot of things to this character but it never could connect because bad acting. Something that happened with Uttu too but also his dumping down was too much intially , which is why a character that had so much potential got wasted. Uttu played it bad and then his dis-connect with Nandu harmed him. 
The only consistent thing has been MaNan track because PaNi execute it and sort of hold the show. 

Alya is someone I adore a lot but I have absolute hate for this eating disorder it makes her growth so Mukti like now . 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sheetal_tellsshantellbrownTRaw-KP-CooChiZAHARA.

moonstonespirit Senior Member
moonstonespirit
moonstonespirit

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:44pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by CooChi

Kuch bhi ho Nandu is still the BASHT for me!!! LOL

Same . No eating disorder, no suicidal tendencies , no random Momma drama , still normal character on the show. LOL

It will be annoying her breaking point because that will mean ugly crying, her dependence on Manik , her confusion while all other characters be at better place in life. Just handle it well . 

I just want a track dedicated to Nandu, her past, how it affects her current decisions... Can they make Aryamann her childhood friend?? Someone who knows about her past, her shortcomings... 
I would love to have a glimpse into her world. If not now, at least at a later point.

sheetal_tellsZAHARA.charminggenie

BoxedIn IF-Dazzler
BoxedIn
BoxedIn

Mukti needed the harsh truth of rehab sessions, not Abhi's cheesy lou. Sleepy

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-KP-CooChiTheFaerieQueenFlame.Of.RoseZAHARA.

.Kiran. IF-Sizzlerz
.Kiran.
.Kiran.

Originally posted by BoxedIn

Originally posted by .Kiran.

Originally posted by AnomanderRake

I am turning in for today because I am exhausted and hi KiranEmbarrassed
See you guy tomorrow.

HiHug You're my only friend in this AT and you're leaving too!:(

I want to fangirl and everyone's ranting. And when I was ranting, everyone was busy fangirling. I m leaving too. Good Night AdhiraHug

Thanks Vidya Ouch

Sorry Kiran. I got carried away there. Your gifs are beautiful.
 Even though I haven't watched the episode. Ermm

And yes, it took me right back to that drunk night where he had waited for her walls to come down, for her talk about 'feelings'. And this time, he is waiting because she asks him to, because even their hands don't touch, he knows it's a promise she's made him. And that is enough to keep him in that car- just the sight of her hand on his. 

Now if only the CVs would stop getting the girl kidnapped and make her actually say those words the poor guy's been dying to hear. LOL

This doesn't count. You need to watch the episode first. Ill post them in your thread. Watch the episode whenever and then you can fangirl over this scene. I will wait. I always give in. f**k. Im so nice.
charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
@Zahara - Dude there is never a normal external which pisses me this kidnapping better give me that break-point. I also wanted her break-point after Dhruv's accusation , i felt her reaction was so for Manik , that scene was all about Manik than her hurt as a woman by a friend ( credits - Boxter). 
Also that Amms letter- that should play more . Such an opening. 

MaNan are perfectly in sync , so to shake them they go to these OTT characters which are so unnecessary . My problem is they never transition well, see Nandu almost died after Soha bit but it was all about manik's fear not her fear for her own life . That is disservice and why people cannot react to her kidnapping/Pandit thing. No breathing space to Nandu there. 

@White - Love to see a numb, angry Nandu but eventual crying is necessary , but keep it for a day and then let her detach and focus on missing spunk. But make it about her even if Manik has to be sensitive to her.

sheetal_tellsmoonstonespirit-KP-

Go to top