|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#108| Of Intentional Goofups n Moon Eyes... - Page 5

Posted: 8 years ago
ahhh what a wonderful title  good job aditi ðŸ¤£
Originally posted by charminggenie

@Cat -I am lazy, but tomorrow we must. New entry can do the sunny act and go away. 

@White-beautify. Thing is they had Pandit in the background for months doing nothing. He is around Soha time but just there. Then merger happened, Mukti thing again MaNan were not the A-story but b-story, which is why we all ended up disconnecting from nandu. And then 1 week of Pandit's creep being in focus and we were too exhausted. 
Lalsa f**ked it up by making this kidnapping BS and dumping down pandit beyond which meant Nandu running away after confession so that it can happen. Matlab , kuch bhi.

Only visible growth  for me personally has been MaNan relationship. I can pin point the dots and shifts. For Manik still I can do that but qwith Nandini I reallu don't have intital references. So reboot her post kidnapping. 

that's the thing they themselves had no proper clue what to do with the pandit. this whole track has left a bad taste. scarred the word hope for me! you are right it has been about manik's growth in the MaNan relationship. nandini well it all started well but midway it stopped making sense no head or tail. its like they started a track they have to end it.
I will never forgive them for ruining such a beutiful confession by adding this lame kidnapping drama🤢
the confession was really good i admit tat. but then they had to bring this kidnapping shit!
honestly soha track musicana track i would still go back and watch but this track there are just few scenes here there that i would like to watch.
Coochi, I think the honest thing to do is to write what you feel about the show, good bad ugly whatever it is. So one writers what one likes or dislikes both. Living in a happy bubble can work for sometime but it will burst one day for sure. And its not that we are not liking anything in the show, but unfortunately point has come where what we don't like is becoming bigger than what we like. 

Is it really necessary for Nandini to get back at the villain by punching him/her.??
I would never appreciate that
1)She is no Mary Kom
2) I don't want the villain to fall for her and become even darker.

I liked the way she gave it to Nyo after their fusion performance.
I don't want them to show Nandini physically strong.
Its too common in every Indian serial.
The heroine suddenly becomes strong cos she sipped in BOOST and Boost is the secret of her energy and she starts beating the shit out of her dushman.
No.Please No.
@TFQ - Cabir's story actually began post Musicana . Her homosexuality outing did , till that point he was a prick , in the background and had a mystery about his equation with Raghsv. His growth happened post the 100 episodes. Ayaz wa slel even during diwali break-down but Parth saved it . 
When people crib that Nandini is all about Manik, the guy and thats what she is . Abhi provided that relief , they introduced him like that and adding him with Mukti robbed again. But no for mer personally it made sense tyhat there was one true friend who had no agendas with Nandu , someone she could rely her ideas, thoughts , just like Manik did with Cabir. 

See thats the tangible, you hear out Maniks' fears, thoughts through so many people but never wiht Nandini thats where show did her disservice.

Rafs - You are sounding so like me when i tried selling this idea to Box, See making her orphan you already take physical tangible bonds, and then you have an absent Amms .
By music , FC , it wasn't aobut album , career - too young for that. But her revisiting that confusion of what she wants from her life. Giving her something beyond Manik yet connected to her. 
So when we say she is all about Manik, and nothing more , bland thats what could have been prevented had they executed FC properly. 

Originally posted by BoxedIn

There is a difference between criticising the overall story and criticising a particular track. The FC track was a big BORE, dragged beyond belief, and made Nandini look like a five year-old who needed constant pacifying from Manik. Solid lochha in writing. I'd found the same problem with Manik towards the end of the Soha track too- the guy who was ALWAYS so alert about everything Nandini, who was the ONLY one who could make her talk- he couldn't figure out why she was packing her bags. Such lazy writing for the sake of dragging the plot. THAT is something which did not happen in the first 70-odd episodes. 
But problem is, because Manik is the 'hero', you can always make Nandini the damsel-in-distress, make him rescue her and give him his glory back. how do you do that with Nandini? Make her punch all the villains? The only real one left in the show is Noyonika- and she does get to say smart things to her. Apart from that, Nandini has practically nothing and nowhere to show her heroism and strength in, and that is a problem that is rooted in the first 70 episodes as well. WE just didn't notice it becuase the conflicts with Manik were too big. Abhi MaNan are together, things have been resolved, toh storywise Nandini ka sar-payr kissi ko nahi dikh raha. 

this! exatly!
after almost 200 episodes its still not clear whether nandini likes music or not. what is her passion what does she want. initially also her spunky nature have all come out due to her conflicts with manik an maybe fab5 but with all that sorted there is no other way to bring that spark. so they really should do something about this post kidnapping. till now nandini has been all about doing what others want or what is good for others. it has never been explored as to what she really wants what is her dreams what is her fears nothing. even the whole nh3 happened cos of navya!
other than that she was never intrested in joining space also to begin with
Originally posted by BoxedIn

There is a difference between criticising the overall story and criticising a particular track. The FC track was a big BORE, dragged beyond belief, and made Nandini look like a five year-old who needed constant pacifying from Manik. Solid lochha in writing. I'd found the same problem with Manik towards the end of the Soha track too- the guy who was ALWAYS so alert about everything Nandini, who was the ONLY one who could make her talk- he couldn't figure out why she was packing her bags. Such lazy writing for the sake of dragging the plot. THAT is something which did not happen in the first 70-odd episodes. 
But problem is, because Manik is the 'hero', you can always make Nandini the damsel-in-distress, make him rescue her and give him his glory back. how do you do that with Nandini? Make her punch all the villains? The only real one left in the show is Noyonika- and she does get to say smart things to her. Apart from that, Nandini has practically nothing and nowhere to show her heroism and strength in, and that is a problem that is rooted in the first 70 episodes as well. WE just didn't notice it becuase the conflicts with Manik were too big. Abhi MaNan are together, things have been resolved, toh storywise Nandini ka sar-payr kissi ko nahi dikh raha. 

Phew, This basically.

Pacing, transition , all the element of unpredictability because the show was establishing tracks, characters . Now we know every character and we can predict but with Nandini we really have no idea of what she had, bonds, tangibles hence we see her as Manik's +1  thats the problem with those intial episodes they did nothing to establish Nandu's traits, arcs . 

FC became a bore because of stupid lags, drag and Lalsa who made it so melodramatic. Doesn't help when you have a whole week for Mukti. 

Now that we know MaNan be together, we just doesn't know what to do with Nandini on her own, while Manik's angst is stirred through fab5, Harshad , Nyo. 

did nandini even have a character growth?
I am turning in for today because I am exhausted and hi Kiran😳
See you guy tomorrow.
Transcribing MKrayZee's Voice note and opinion on Nandini:

I've been saying this from, I don't know how long, Nandini has been dealing with so much, so much. Any sane, real character would have had a break down by now, they would have had a meltdown by now. They would be sitting in a psychiatrist office pouring out their heart and crying out their heart, or may be not crying up, or like just, numb. You know, because she's been through so much, no body can handle it man. 

Right now, it all depends on what pandit's game is. I don't think he is going to rape her or stuff like that but he will shake her up. He will shake her up and it will shake her notions about life and people. Its not going to cause a breakdown, I don't think its going to cause a break down, but all of these events combined, you know from the whole bullying, Rishabh's attack, almost falling off the cliff, getting Manik, losing Manik, Manik's hand getting amputated, Soha, and hope track, all of this, this should be the nail in coffin.

I wish she goes like, 'I am tired of all of this, I want a normal life.'

I want such a scene where nandini is actually angry, not crying, but angry, at fate, at people. She should just say, "I am just a 17 year old girl, damn it people, leave me alone. Can I not deal with all this? Can I not just be happy, normal 17 year old for a while?" I want that for her. I don't want tears, they can be angry tears but not like 'oh-my-god-I-am-this-abla-nari' tears.

But yes her light has definitely dimmed in. Anybody's would, anybody's light would have been dimmed by now.

And I agree to every single point Zee made.

Longer rant tomorrow when RuBro is here else she won't let me see the day light of it. 😆

Edited by Flame.Of.Rose - 8 years ago