Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
i had something in mind with all four wives of Ashoka Devi, Asandhimitra/Padmavati (Kunal's mother), Karuwaki and tishyaraksha and i was waiting for leap but if they are going to show all Amar prtemkatha and monogamy with karuwaki when a polygamous monarch is concerned i better quit the idea i have had enough of forceful amar prem katha with polygamous people 
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Patrarekha

Devi was ashok's first love and Ashok in his inscription had inscripted his grief over death of Devi so can't say she was less influencial but she was not a princess as Kunal's mother and Karuwaki rather Devi was his teenage love and had longer companion of ashoka than anyone else 

Nowhere Devi has been mentioned in any of Ashok's eddicts/inscriptions . She was not at all Ashok's first love😆 , in fact it's controversial which queen was most favorite of Ashok . 
Devi was his teenage love ?? Please  tell me the source of this statement . 

My mother is a MA of ancient history, though most of her books have been donated to libraries , still there was quite a few left in our house & I'm religiously reading over Ashok after starting to watch this show .

The fact is Devi's role in Ashoka's life had been exaggerated by the budhist monks & only in their folklore you get to hear about devi as she is the only budhist queen of Ashok . None of Ashoka's other wives ( who were all princesses ) had accepted Budhism . 
The only that had been mentioned in Ashok's writings was Karuvaki, even then I doubt whether she was his most favorite wife . 
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i just checked upindar singh again devi was first wife of ashoka who bore him Mahendra and sanghamitra but ashoka came back to Pataliputra leaving her in videha and there he married asandhimitra as devi being buddist and merchant's daughter can't be regarded queen. and Asandhimitra was a companion of Ashoka whose death he had mourned and she had no children hence ashoka married padmavati who bore him kunal the heir and latr ashoka married Karuwaki after kalinga war she also had a son but his name is not mentioned and at last in old age ashoka married tishyaraksha a maid of Asandhimitra who was much young and was in love with Kunal and in jealousy she made kunal blind so kunal's son Dasharath succeeded ashoka . so even though devi had no significance in later life of ashoka but she was his first love, mahendra was first born of ashoka
and i won't say someone is his most favourite or someone is least but i feel Ashoka loved Asandhimitra most
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Patrarekha

oh what are you waiting for do it

Here u goo...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4371375#p122384478
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: love_chitra

oh thank u!! muaah muaah di and..and my sushim! ðŸ˜³

Hehe.. u dont need to say didi :P:P And here u go darling ;)
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4371375#p122384478