India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Nandini's character RUINED

SaMaiRa. Senior Member
SaMaiRa.
SaMaiRa.

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Before people jump on me, let me just put this out there that this is strictly my opinion and how I feel about the character. You are welcome to disagree. I am (actually 'WAS' after Friday) an ardent viewer and fan of this show and off-course MaNan.
This is my first topic on this forum and shall be my last.

For me, KY2 lost it's charm a while ago but for me to stop watching, I needed some form of closure to MaNan (confession?). I got that, although it was not too satisfying for me personally, I got my closure regardless and I can finally say this is the end for me officially.

A lot of things went wrong with this show. The extreme drag-fest, the khichdi of the hate-hope-fusion(concert/competition???)-mergers -random cameos- social message-mental breakdown-victim-love realization-kidnap track (????????... still not sure what I shall call this sad excuse of a track), and most of all the downwards slope the character development has gone into. *sigh* ESPECIALLY Nandini's character.

No doubt this stupid track made me give up on this show completely and disconnect myself but the pace at which they ruined Nandini's character for me made me give up on MaNan and her character as a whole. What is Nandini's identity beyond Manik? She is just reduced to a crying bimbo who irritates me with her lectures and antics. She is definitely not the feisty and spunky Nandini I totally loved who had some type of blurry ambition, goals, and other aspects in her life. Now she has turned into a damsel who is always in distress who needs "saving" from her hero HUMESHA. *ROLLING MY DAMN EYES*. Not to mention her random crying and then her random OTT chirpyness. She has turned irritating for me as a viewer. Girl, if your life at 17 revolves ONLY around one guy and NOTHING else, I don't know what to say. It's not about being career-minded. I understand that some girls are just not ambitious (which is stupid in this case because as far as I remember, she did have some sort of ambition in life in the beginning of the show) but she has just been reduced to a prop who is just there for Manik. Sleepy There is absolutely no substance to her anymore. NOTHING. What is the the difference between her and let's say a Gopi Bahu at this point? Both cry at any given situation. Both are damsels in distress with absolutely no life beyond their better halves. Both believe in OTT symbolism such a stupid fusion-whatever. What is the the difference AT THIS POINT? That's not what I've signed up for. Her character seriously left me super bitter about this show because she was my favorite from the beginning. The rest of them toh I stopped caring about long back. But when you mess with one of the core characters, it ruins it for me. The romance isn't fresh or unique anymore either. It got redundant after the 86484975976584-th miss kiss and 967576586468-th eyelock. Even the kiss didn't leave an impact on me because they diluted the build-up to this confession with so much crap that the final product was predictable and kind of known. Plus, Nandini's stupid grinny and OTT coy-ness in the aftermath of the scene just left me all bleh about it.Don't even get me started about the rest of the characters and those dumb social message campaigns. At the end, Nandini turned into a chirpy child-bimbo who always needs to be saved and Manik turned into a mushy lover-boy Romeo. I'm having a hard time differentiating between stupid Gul Khan serials and KY2 now. 

Anyways, that was my rant which went all over the place. I have so much more on my mind but I'm just done... I'm so glad that I got over my obsession with this show. It was good once upon a time. Now Pinch... I don't care what efforts they put into redeeming this show anymore because once that interest is gone, it's gone. No amount of romance, kissing, or even proper story (doubt that will happen) can manage to convince. 

Again, this was  my opinion. You are welcome to disagree. I'm just left disappointed but I'm done for good. 

Edited by SaMaiRa. - 03 May 2015 at 2:45am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Naj94Sony.Kappy111salmankhanrulzIndiaphorum

Rassu20 Senior Member
Rassu20
Rassu20

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Totally disagree
No offense

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ajith37..oishu..

..Amour.. Senior Member
..Amour..
..Amour..

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Okay! Sunday was a bad day to visit this forum! OVERALL!LOL

After reading your opinion about Nandini, I have been sent to think if I am watching the same show! LOL
Out of all the characters, Nandini is one character who actually has some substance. 
All the things which irks you in this character were there from day1. She has theories which she believes, she has her own set of beliefs and she has always been about people she loves; And I see all the progress in that context only. Characterization has been well handled. 
I think it's the character which irks you, not the growth or progress in her. She hasn't turned into someone we didn't know! Embarrassed
Talking about spunky and feisty Nandini, well you can see the glimpses at times. You wanna see it or not, it's on you! She won't be taking sword out at anything and everything. Tongue
And about "saving" part, well I always thought she always does things on her own hence lands up in trouble too. It's the essence of MaNan how they think they think and do best for each other. 
OTT crying, last time I checked it was in musicana period where she was being brutally scarified by Manik, so crying part was justified!Embarrassed
Over chirpy, Come on! I so wanted this wise girl to show this side, a normal 17 year old girl! Now if we are getting it, I would say Thank you CVs! Heart
She is one character whose speeches don't sound like preachy! Well, that was first for me!LOL Maybe she doesn't preach, she is all what she believes! Approve 
Growth would bring new shades, hence that's called as growth! Characters are very much into their elements! I would say tracks can be boring but characters haven't turned into something which I don't know! Embarrassed

Edited by ..Amour.. - 03 May 2015 at 3:10am

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

adipolimanjulalitBerry_Girlras562vidhi_1998pavi_shantellbrownmelovemayurAmbyliciousy.c.yetikaroxxchinni557sandy_111ajith37moonstonespiritmehjaben_nahinaairahahmad--Kkkhushiii--baisakh45Sanju_ARainmoonlite131danceismyworldBharathi_gurtishahzCooChiOne-Of-A-KindNxtRockstar..OmaRamdassragvir.fan...Tanu...drashti38SonaLuvZaSafStupefy

Sony.K Senior Member
Sony.K
Sony.K

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Hey i m second to that.
This is my personal opinion. If anybody has any disagreement please we can discussion on that but don't take it personally.  

I m pissed off of all this melodrama. I really don't understand, these people do not have lectures, exams holiday, i would love to join such college.

Being a science student i know how difficult it is but i never saw Nandini studying. strange na. And what about her brother treatment. suddenly Druv and Rishab are fine nobody has any attack. What about Nandini's dream she want to a scientist na? And don't understand Navya. Why she is not able tell her mom that cabir is not father of her child. why is so difficult for her. Cabir being nice helping her and she is taking his advantage. 

i like KY2 but i really feel that they should also focus on study, ambitions, importance of study in life. being a youth show they have think about this also. but know they always interested in love drama Manan their confession and now this stupid kidnapping. 

All interest has gone. 

And top of that Nandini's confession is still pending. Now don't know what will be new track. 

salmankhanrulzIndiaphorum

MuratHayat IF-Rockerz
MuratHayat
MuratHayat

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:13am | IP Logged
Not just u many disliked nandu's rxn post kiss. But for me it was okay as she was grinning not just being coy and the scene got interrupted with pundit-nyo convo so it dint really make me feel nandu out of character.  
The scenes where i felt nandu annoying was the car scene where she strts the car to drive nd panicks wen she realizes that the car is moving backwards.Then the ott dialogues of she feeling safe wen with him just to get kidnapped few hrs later. Dat was really annoying to me. And the next catch me thing she did after couch scene . 
And the entire pundit track i just want to ignore nandu's characterisation  its waste of time nd energy trying to understand her nd figuring it out as to y she was crying nw nd den. Cvs completely failed in the entire pundit track.
ppl kept on speculating nd were  trying to sympathize by assuming her state of mind. Wat was on her mind nd her rxns even Cvs dint care to clear that  to the audience Confused

danceismyworld IF-Dazzler
danceismyworld
danceismyworld

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:20am | IP Logged
I opened the topic after reading RUINED in caps..so I was curiousLOL
and after reading..I want to say..I don't agreeTongue

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

manjulalitras562mehjaben_nahinaairahahmadmoonlite131--Kkkhushiii--CooChiStupefydrashti38..oishu..

pavi_ Groupbie
pavi_
pavi_

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:20am | IP Logged
res
unres.
I disagree as it is not ruined but to certain extend clarity in characterization was missing lately.

About crying, she always used to cry it doesn't make her weak. She is still mentally strong person and will always be when compared to other female characters. She is the one who stand for right and truth and will always call off the shit on once face but her dealings may be different. Not just Nandini, Manik's life also revolve around Nandini.

If we go back and see initial episode and the recent ones and just compare and contrast you yourself will see the difference. Personally for me her character has been compromised. (Reference point only recent episode or fusion concert track).

We all have expectation from her that leave us disappointed.
And I feel all issues stem from making her the scapegoat solely for the purpose of selling a plot. And lack of tangibles.

The fusion concert track have messed me up that I can't make its head and tail.It confused the hell out of me, to that extent that, I lost the permanent connectivity which I had in this character (not just Nandini). Connectivity was on and off ,  clarity was missing many things had to be speculated. This track seems to fall at execution level and lacked consistency.
I will only blame this concert track for this, as it all seems to be a khichdi and it messed up potential tracks in this. It could have been better if it wasn't dragged.

Just hope it may pick up or make sense once this track is over.
Her character still has potential to bounce back. Hope Cv get a grip of the show.

It's my perceptive, others may differ.

Edited by pavi_ - 03 May 2015 at 4:43am

Spero-bharti-

zohasad2.0 IF-Sizzlerz
zohasad2.0
zohasad2.0

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Sh punched him in face and gave it right back to Fab5 after Appa's pen incident...she shouted, yelled and showed them their rightful place. She made them realise that they're NOT Gods, they're NOT everything and just sick in their heads.

It was...what...a 3-4 minute long scene...and THAT was Nandu.Party

If writers understand the point I'm stating...I want THAT Nandu back.Cry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

silvershadowshantellbrownSperoFlame.Of.Rose

Go to top