Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 77-80: Distorting mirrors (Page 8)

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Exactly Misti. When a man or Rajmata approved a child can be conceived outside the marriage for taking forward the legacy it was fine.
That's why even sharing of Draupadi by five men was accepted. Because it was done to guard their mother's word.

But if the woman choose to have a child outside the marriage then that child was not accepted by the society. The thing that happened with Karna. If Kunti had to accept him she had to face social stigma and she was not willing for it. Again it all boils down to a woman's choice and also the fact that the woman themselves didn't question such norms till Panchali raised the question in the hall of dice.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

seedhibaatmishtidoisashashyam

seedhibaat Groupbie
seedhibaat
seedhibaat

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

Exactly Misti. When a man or Rajmata approved a child can be conceived outside the marriage for taking forward the legacy it was fine.
That's why even sharing of Draupadi by five men was accepted. Because it was done to guard their mother's word.

But if the woman choose to have a child outside the marriage then that child was not accepted by the society. The thing that happened with Karna. If Kunti had to accept him she had to face social stigma and she was not willing for it. Again it all boils down to a woman's choice and also the fact that the woman themselves didn't question such norms till Panchali raised the question in the hall of dice.

Thanks Mishti, Shruti and JayaksO2
Thanks for reading my views, I thought there are readers and thinkers on this forum so lets express views here! Nice to see this discussion interactive and informative. 

The process of having child for the Vansh or heir to the kingdom is called' Niyog'. Its legal and aceeptable form then and had very strict rules for it.  The woman should agree for this way of having a child. A man can exercise Niyog only 3 times in his lifetime. There were  very clear rules about it.The reason such system ran and was accepted because I guess the rules were not violated as much in that era.

Shruti I agree with your view, one gets answers to many questions in life in Geeta or some or the other plots of mahabharat. I feel one should be destined to read, think and impliment teachings of Mahabharat. We should learn to adapt the teachings for this era. 
I always feel one thing which holds good in every Yug  is 'Samay sabse balwan hai'
Thanks again

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Kitsinmishtidoijayaks02shruthiravi

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seedhibaat

Originally posted by shruthiravi

Thanks Mishti, Shruti and JayaksO2
Thanks for reading my views, I thought there are readers and thinkers on this forum so lets express views here! Nice to see this discussion interactive and informative. 

The process of having child for the Vansh or heir to the kingdom is called' Niyog'. Its legal and aceeptable form then and had very strict rules for it.  The woman should agree for this way of having a child. A man can exercise Niyog only 3 times in his lifetime. There were  very clear rules about it.The reason such system ran and was accepted because I guess the rules were not violated as much in that era.

Shruti I agree with your view, one gets answers to many questions in life in Geeta or some or the other plots of mahabharat. I feel one should be destined to read, think and impliment teachings of Mahabharat. We should learn to adapt the teachings for this era. 
I always feel one thing which holds good in every Yug  is 'Samay sabse balwan hai'
Thanks again

Seedhibhat - This is very informative Big smile - You write extremely well Clap -  Samay sabse balwan hai indeed. But Is there any such thing called as samay ? Come to think of it - Is Kalam or times not a  creation of mankind ? In the ever expanding cosmos, what is significance of time ?

And time in other planets is something else rite ? Just asking.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

seedhibaatshruthiravi

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Yes Seedibaat Samay sbse balwan hai. That is why Lord Krishna stressed on action that too at the right time.
There is no point lamenting this happened to me, that happened to me after you failed to take action at the right time.
Kunti held the power to stop Kurushetra war if she could accept Karna as her son in that princess talent showcase event where he enters. But she feared social oscartazation at that time which ended up in so much travails for Karna. With all his qualities he ending up in wrong side and his brother alone killing him.
Panchali wouldn't have let her hair loose and pledged that she wont tie it till her hair is washed with dussashan's blood if atleast one of the learned person in that sabha listened and responded to the injustice that was being done to her. They held the power to stop the war at that time. But they didn't do anything.

You blame Niyati, you blame God for bad things happening. But when you refuse to take the right action at the time, you are forcing Niyati to take extreme steps for correcting course. Choice is always with you.Niyati responds to your choice. It is more like own your actions than pointing fingers at something else.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KitsinSandhya.A

Sandhya.A IF-Rockerz
Sandhya.A
Sandhya.A

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Confused
Itni nice nice discussions. Samay ka abhaav.Cry

Thanks for the XXXL size laurel wreath aunty.LOL Rao, the  rogue indeed

Swiss cheese? This plot is now as full of holes as a sieve.Shocked

Maya is up. Eeeks...Ouch

Mona Darling  still missing.Silly

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

appukrishjayaks02mishtidoisashashyam

happychappy IF-Dazzler
happychappy
happychappy

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Confused
Itni nice nice discussions. Samay ka abhaav.Cry

Thanks for the XXXL size laurel wreath aunty.LOL Rao, the  rogue indeed

Swiss cheese? This plot is now as full of holes as a sieve.Shocked

Maya is up. Eeeks...Ouch

Mona Darling  still missing.Silly

Mona Darling is definitely Not Missing! 

What on earth did you think Greyerson's doing these days?! He's the scantily-dressed Embarrassed dumb blond that hangs around with the Bawwss. And gets decanted onto the road when Bawwss is in a hurry!!!!!Big smile

Edited by happychappy - 08 May 2015 at 12:07pm

appukrishmishtidoisashashyam

seedhibaat Groupbie
seedhibaat
seedhibaat

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Hi JayakaO2
thanks for reading and appreciating my post.Smile Sorry for a late reply.

Kaal is just a unit of measurement. On earth its man made. A solar year is divides in Lunar months. 
Its very relative how long or short  time is felt  for that individual If you like someone or some situatin, however time you spend you feel its short time spent And if you dont like someone or situation then few minutes spent are felt like Ages.  Big smile
Kaal is another name for Yama which is like The end. Ouch
I have come across some websites/articles which I would like to share. i hope they interest you, Its worth a read, agree or disagree is a different issue. Blushing

http://decodehindumythology.blogspot.co.uk/p/mythology.htmlu.

http://bhargavasarma.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/kalpa-hindu-time-element.html

jayaks02sashashyamshruthiravi

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
hmm, nice discussions, and shruti, thanks for sharing your pov about
mahabharat, i am also a draupadi fan.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shruthiravi

Go to top