Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: -Aarya-

They discovered love due to the climax Soha brought in to their life, somewhere we should be thankful to Soha ๐Ÿ˜†   By the time Pandit has joined Space, MaNan were on verge of breaking, and due to Pandit's constant interest in Nandini, brought Manik close to Nandini, and finally declaring their love for one another, Pandit gave them a reason to fight for hope, fight for one another, we should thank Pandit more than Soha ๐Ÿ˜†

Surely the quality is very importance, and up to now we have got most qualified characters to play these antagonist roles (Soha, Pandit, Nyo, Harshad), according to me they have done marvelous job. But if your talking about the quality of screenplay and writing, I would only agree with you on dialogue writing part, especially for Pandit, they have royally screwed his character, but then they have done justice to MaNan scenes, simply amazing. So  ranting about one thing is something else vs saying the entire show is lacking direction.

Most importantly Mehr, according to you and for which it is respected, just as we cant speak for you or others, vice-versa. For me, MaNan in isolation has been good but the track not moving is a sore point for me. I dont care for Pandit or Soha, they have only dulled my viewing of MaNan not enhanced it and it is a problem for me!
Cat. thumbnail

At this junction in story, they are already passed that stage, where friendships were on verge of breaking and relationships were hanging on thin strings, but then those things will always linger around in the story (Manik/Dhruv's friendship). And if we ask for the same scenes again and again, you will loose more audience than what you already have. A change is must and invertible..

The audience is already lost to a large extent Mehr. And sorry melodrama or psychos as focal point doesnt cut it.
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AnomanderRake

Most importantly Mehr, according to you and for which it is respected, just as we cant speak for you or others, vice-versa. For me, MaNan in isolation has been good but the track not moving is a sore point for me. I dont care for Pandit or Soha, they have only dulled my viewing of MaNan not enhanced it and it is a problem for me!

Cool, I totally respect your views on that  cause it all comes down to individual perspectives :)
Always a pleasure in having a healthy discussion ๐Ÿ˜›

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AnomanderRake

The audience is already lost to a large extent Mehr. And sorry melodrama or psychos as focal point doesnt cut it.

Is the show  still ranking as No 1 Youth Show in India? The IF/Twitter/FB (social media) is just 20% of the entire audience who watches the show, the vast audience is outside of these means of social media and their opinions are based on TRPs.

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: arathim

@Rida and @adhi I agree with Mehr/Arya... people cant expect the show to have the feel of first 70 episodes all the way to the end... 

The characters grow up ... get mature... less awkwardness... more understanding...If we just have regular college scenes then it will become repetitive and boring... cameos are needed to move the story to the next phase...

the show already became repetitive and boring because of its love for these same cameos to the point where it left half of its viewers fatigued. This thread is one example lol.

Soha Track made Manik and Nandhu realize their Love
Pandit track indirectly made them confess...
I think the show has been having fairly consistent Good Writing... there are very few or none boring epis... maybe boring characters but not epis...

are you saying if soha wouldn't have been there manan would've never realized their love for one another? which will make them look stupid as a couple because you all always say that no matter what manan would always find their way to each other. By putting in so many external conflicts (that had absolutely no proper effect on the storyline or did nothing to add to the initial storyline much) they denied viewers of the great inner conflicts all of these could have been. Did Manan not fall in love, realize the good in each other, fight their attraction, accept it, indulge, come back together without all of this? So why on Earth will they need Soha to realize more, except, because the CVs just wanted to shove new characters in and make them some sorta thriller driving force. Chalo even ten episodes, it looks nice, but constant dragfest with these ppl? I still have no idea what the album drag thing achieved in terms of story for kaisi yeh yaariyan? the episodes have been nothing but scenes stringed together, and i can cut 75% of them and the story will still remain the same.

For me a show needs to have good writing , chemistry between leads and a  overall theme that binds the show and gives it a direction... KYY is all that...

for me a show needs to deliver the plot it promised, tight writing and the chemistry of course. The first two have been missing for the longest while. The third now doesn't matter that much in comparison. Also, it's subjective because opinions vary.

But All said and done if the show had ended in June ending as planned before... it would have been better
This extension makes me fear that the MaNan magic might wane like a certain show in Channel V
Fingers Crossed it wont happen... I have Hope...

Regarding Nandhini being all about Manik...
She is madly in Love with him and he with her...

that is not an excuse for dumbing down characters lol. Dunya ka har banda 24 ghante hope mala jabna shuru hojaye because they're madly in love? Love doesn't turns you into a single minded mushfest. Damn i've seen people madly in love and they're nowhere like this. Nandini's character has been reduced to nothing and they've managed to ruin the spunk she had. Oopar se the things she's going through, any sane person will lose his mind.

Offcourse they are the way they are...
Might take some time to get perspective of different things of life...

the problem isn't just if external characters are helping or not. That was a part of my rant. Like I said, the show started with an initial track but like a fool they're dragging us through all of it, not one even near being solved and adding external factors that do not come close to ANYTHING especially Pandit. And if Manik needs Pandit to realize he loves Nandini and that jealousy to get over his hate (which is not something i think happened lel) then toh i'm glad i stopped shipping manan because it makes them awwal number ka dysfunctional for me.

Hi mehr.๐Ÿ˜†

AY
ADHI I LOUU YOU TOO. dekho maine confess kiya :')) *where's the rain?*

thankyou everyone for agreeing and all brilliant responses. We are looking forward to forward it to the right people. I'm glad i'm not the only one๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Rida, I keep forgetting to tell you but I love your avatar/sig right now...good times๐Ÿ˜†

Also, just saw this in someone's sigbox and got all nostalgic...aww

-ishqshava- thumbnail
Nice post...i think they dragged FC too much no doubt..unnecessary.i too dont like new entries one after one.also manan are getting repetitive..too much manan no?.like what manan say, lets take brake cvs and focus on their past,nyo-manik,rishabh-dhruv attack etc

let me say Evn first 1-80 episodes it was all about hate-love story (60%)...thats only thing what made most ppl to watch kyy.Honestly..even those days exceptt Manan nd kabir.all other characters were boring for me..their acting is more blah than their character sketch.

now c recent..mukbhi, dhrulya n now cavya they tried naa but didnt work..i toh hate navya like anything.so i dont think other characters have been sideline.No offence just my view
..Edited by -ishqshava- - 8 years ago
Spero thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think the show has changed too many writers, and directors too. That's why we as audience cannot feel the flow of the story.

I also agree that there's no more subtlely. When i first started watching KY2 on a marathon spree, I remembered thinking that finally there were people out there who thought like me. For me, it all started going wrong after the valentine track. I could understand and maybe even forgive Nandini for doubting Manik, but it never made sense that she would put his future at stake without being sure. As for Manik - agree he felt betrayed but then Nandini was played by a master, Nyonika herself. After that, there has been no coherence in the storyline. As most of you rightly said, we got scenes and not story progression.

Sad truth is that Manan has become the obstacle. We all love Manan, we need our daily dose. CVs and PH know this. In trying to cater to our wants, they have compromised on quality. I think we should all take the blame. Hopefully, someone from the show will come across this post, and all our messages can be passed on to the concerned parties.Edited by Spero - 8 years ago
FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Rida, I keep forgetting to tell you but I love your avatar/sig right now...good times๐Ÿ˜†

Also, just saw this in someone's sigbox and got all nostalgic...aww

Haina? my DABBA IS ALL KINDS OF HOT๐Ÿคฃ

Noor made that, OMG DO NOT, JUST DOOO NOT REMIND ME OF THE OLD TIMES. DON'T DONT DONT. THIS SCENE THOU
Cat. thumbnail

Is the show  still ranking as No 1 Youth Show in India? The IF/Twitter/FB (social media) is just 20% of the entire audience who watches the show, the vast audience is outside of these means of social media and their opinions are based on TRPs.

Dont know abt that but in the TC interview of Abhishek, he said they lost viewers or something. Also the writers have been changed!