Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zrn1312 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Bang on points, all of them.

RES

UNRES

I wrote a huge ass reply and it got deleted -___- IF is such a PAIN sometimes πŸ˜­

But it wasn't anything that hasn't already been said in your post! The "drag" in Indian shows is where everything goes wrong. And while it may work for typical saas bahu saga's, ky2 isn't them. This show is different and special, I would hate to see it go down the typical lane! Most everyone are at the end of their wits, but hasn't given up yet so there's still time. If the CV's would just buck up and stop this dragging and deviating from the main plot of every track, it can hopefully still get that magic back! πŸ˜³
Edited by zrn1312 - 8 years ago
starlightshine thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
unres-
Bang on post Rida. Bang on. I believe many, including myself, are feeling this way, and I just wanted to say thank you and everyone else here for boldly expressing it openly. This is not a rant as such, but clearly a written form of my disappointment with the way the show is going these days. Unfortunately it's a bit too long, so please bear with me J

It was few weeks ago that I started losing my excitement to watch this show.  But nevertheless,  I watched just for the sake of it as it had become a sort of habit. I'd watch it and convince myself that the show will turn good next week. We'll have a better story next week. Well, next week became the week after, and then the week after that, and so on. I think you get my point. During this time period, my brother who sometimes watches the show with me, would start to laugh at this show and me and comment on how illogical and stupid this was. And I would instinctively defend it. I was then extremely protective of this show and could not accept anyone else calling it lame.  So I would defend it everytime. When he asks, "Why is that girl always crying?" I would explain to him about her "faith in hope" and how she "disappointed ams" When he asks why the girl is still going to pandit's classes even though he clearly gives of bad vibes. I defended and told him that she was a 17 year old girl and was clueless about the big bad outside. So this said, we were watching Friday's episode, neither of us that interested, and my brother started commenting on the stupidity of the kidnap track.  strangely, this time I couldn't think of a good excuse. I couldn't defend this show anymore. I just agreed, and said "yeah, it is stupid." And BAM. THAT WAS WHEN I KNEW... That something has changed between me and this show. The connect that I had initially is clearly missing. So where do I start...

Let me start where everyone starts. From the beginning. The first episodes.. showed a young girl capturing fireflies, caring fro her brother, talking about the fatal accident that killed her family. They talk about her father's pen. Her ambitions of becoming like her father. The first episodes showed a boy who thought the best thing to him was his best friend, the boy who ran as he got the call to calm his buddy down. The boy who was part of a bond between 3 children: the band of brothers.

This show was about a boy who feared society. His story was his fight for acceptance. And the boy who fought for his rights as well as love from his mother.

It was a story about a nave girl who believed everything in her world was her boyfriend and the latest in' clothes. It was the growth of her to form an identity of her own, and to get over her insecurities and gain maturity.

It was a story about a boy who lacked self-confidence. He was hiding behind his best friends shadow, and haunted by his strange illness. He was a boy who would not open his mouth, yet spoke through his eyes. He was a boy who knew this best friend inside out, and was always there to help.

It was a story of a broken girl trying to move on. It was her struggle with drug abuse as she tries to maintain a bad girl image on the outside, but slowly breaking in the inside .

It was the story of a nave and innocent village belle entering a new city. A girl who did not know how cruel the world could be. Ti was her growing, her learning from her experiences

It was the story of a dark hero with very grey shades. It was the story of a bad boy with a mysterious past. And it was the sotry of him seeking vengeance to those inolved, yet still remaining humane to everyone outside.

It was a journey of 8 individuals. It was a story of growth. When I first saw this show, I saw struggles of acceptance, the feeling of togetherness, and the understanding of what is right and wrong. It was a tale people connected through of friendship, love, revenge, happiness, sadness, excitement, and most of all, MUSIC.

After the 100th episode or so, the above things have been in pause mode it seems. Everything seems to be revolving around Manan these days. And hey, I love manan as much as the girl-next-door, but please. Manan ARE NOT THE SHOW. They are simply a part of the show, which further enhances the viewers to watch the show.  I admit post valentines, things were exciting uptil a point. The hope vs hate tally was initially very nice. But the repetition of that (and the making showing random shit like merger and bloody campaing) diluted the effect and left me getting annoyed whenever that word came up. Also, it seems that the writers were so infested on making nandhini want manik and her to sing together in FC that they actually lost track of WHY they should sing in the first place. The whole point of them singing together was nandhini believed that if they sang together, manik will accept her. Okay, got that. But then, Manik accepted her and forgave her WAY before the fusion concert. By the time FC finally came around (after all that dragging and dragging) Manan were pretty much secured, so it's a bit ambiguous as to why she was still dersperate for manik to be the one singing with her instead of dhruv. Really, what difference does that make, as they are going to be simply singing, and Manik had already forgiven her so I never really understood the point...     anyway, moving on.

It was a youth show meant not only for pure entertainment but to change ideologies and thinking styles of people. and I have to give an applause for the way they handled Cabir's  coming out and Navya's premarital sex. Unfortunately, although the initial stages of these tracks were EXCELLENT, they makers have failed to progress it further. What the heck are they doing with the Marriage and Cabir's mom and Navya's mom and Sunny sharma and all that shit!!!! Furthermore, what happened to nandhini's passion, her dream? Why does she not spend some time improving her musical career. Why did dthe writers make it seems as if she needs manik  all the time? What happened to rishab/dhruv and his attacks. Why doesn't nandhini ever share the radioactivity theory to Manik. Is she THAT preoccupied with her love life to not share this crucial information? Sigh.  Also are fab 5 just gogn to accept dhruv now. No questions asked, no hard feeling? AFTER ALL THAT HE DID, they are just going to brush it under the carpet? Alya is the only one actually telling him that she will not forgive him that easily. They others jut don't seem to care about the things he did and are welcoming him with open arms...  (one more thing. Nyonika is nly good when she appears once in a blue moon. Lately she's constantly hovering around making schemes with the pandit. It makes wonder does the owner of a business empire have nothing better to do than cook up ridiculous schemes on how to ruin a girl's and her own son's life.)

Next Cameos. Cameos are exactly what they should be. Cameos. They are meant to enhance and develop the main characters. To bring out their flaws, and make the main character and plot grow.  I this show, all the cameos ALWAYS linger longer than needed. The only cameo that I really liked was rose. No, not just because she was funy, but because she brought out the insecurities in cabir and showed the views the extremes of him fears. He was so afraid that he got himself a fake girlfriend in hopes that she will help hide his sexuality. Another good cameo was raghav. They showed him as the perfect teacher who built strong foundations for Fab 5 and NH3 for their musical careers. He established strictness and discipline, yet he did not go overboard. He was non-biased when in came to music.  Inside the college he may have been a perfect teacher, but outside he still stuggled with society. He did not stand by cabir when he most needed him. His presence made cabir both weaker and stronger. He was weaker because raghav kept discouraging their relationship., yet stronger because cabir was finally learning to understand the reality of his situation.  The other cameos.. well what did they do to the story/character/plot? Nothing. The answer is nothing. Lets talk about soha. Soha was very very random, and totally unesaccary. She made nandini look like a creepy jealous girlfriend who stalked her boyfriend everywhere, even to a farm house. She was very unrealistic with the whole burnign the storeroom'  thing, but then again she was an actual psycho. Abhimanyu was good with nandhini, but damn.. he came and ruined mukti for me. I seriously used to like mukti back then, but bleh. This guy ruined her.  Pandit... lets not even go there shall we.  I don't know what this new guy has in store, but hopefully it would be something USEFUL. 

There is still a lot to say, but I'd rather not  weigh you down with my thoughts. This post turned out to be WAY longer than I wanted it to be, so apologies for that. I Just wanted to share my thoughts on this show somewhere. As I said, this is not a rant. Instead this is a list of things that cvs should look to improve in the coming episodes. Peace πŸ˜Š

Edited by poopymaster - 8 years ago
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for tagging RidaπŸ˜†

A BIG DITTO on everything you saidπŸ‘.
You already know my views, i have cribbed, cribbed and cribbed about this show so much with you.

There is absolutely nothing that can bring back my feels for this show and manan i guess, the drag fest has really put me off very badly and i do not care about this show or the further tracks anymore.
They do not have it in them to deliver anything good further.
Just coz i am/was madly invested and in love with the character Manik and the couple Manan i do marathon few scenes when i hear about it in FB otherwise last time itna feels tho mereko manik ke break down time pe hua tha, after that its been yawn and cringe worthy with all the drag fest.

(I might offend some people by my comment on this fusion concert , but jo hai so hai , foolish script and praising such lame ass script made me withdrew from this show even more) .
You really think they will show Nandu being affected by all these and all? her obstusness in this whole track is mind boggling to say the least. I could not wrap my head around with what they showed when pandit was being so obsessive with her and when she threw the dailogue that he has not crossed his line as a man yet. That was the last nail in the coffin for me about Nandu's char.
Aisa dumbness and hope tree jaap 24x7 and crying , crying and crying for every damn silly reason started grating my nerves. Initially the cuteness and tears did look adorable but ab mujhe woh ANNOY karte hai, add to it her chui mui ness these days.

I am not happy with there confession, Manik confessing ILOVEYOU should have been something else, not with this manan mush galore and multiple times of miss kisses and miss confessions and add to it the kidnapping and what not drama.
Also, falling in love DOES NOT White wash a GREY character 😑.

All i can say is, they have no mojo left , they should seriously think of wrapping up the show sooner, firstly by KICKING out all new entries, by concentrating on each original character of KY2 and closing all the loops be it band of brothers, Nyonika Harshad Manik angle, Dhruv Rishab attack and manik Nandini working on it and finally finding solution , Nandu working on sorting Ams and manik equation, some glimpse of Manik's dad, Cabir should always be proud of his sexuality and not stupidly get into all these marriage and what not kichdi. Alya giving hard time to Dhruv and may be dhruv making up for every pain he gave her, I do not care about Mukti and Navya. Send Navya and cabir's mom to timbuktu for all i care, they are hell annoying and un realistic. And and GET ManRuv to talk dil kholke with just each other, it is not alright YET !

Another month or so , with tight script they can easily wrap up tracks well. The show should just wind up soon. Now it has become new age saas bahu saga, so so melodramatic.

P.s: Even if they show some of these now, am i going to watch i dont know anymore and i really feel sad at the state this show has come down too.
Edited by -sylph- - 8 years ago
NushIsh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posting the comment I made on the AT here..
You speak for many of us here. And I think a lot of us just keep on watching no matter what they show no matter how lame because we all have once upon time loved this show and connected with it in a different level than any other show and are keeping the hope alive that we will get to see that magic emerge again.  
Waymaker thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
You've wrote it all down Booby. No wonder i left the show at 125 something episodes. I seem to understand that i can no longer watch any desi show beyond 150 episodes. Unnecessary plot has been added to the show and they don't add to any kind of element to the plot. After Soha's entry, the show's charm has dipped a bit for me and however much i think to start back KYY, i tuck the idea aside again. 
I would say it's futile to crying out loud, it's the fate of every show. The main plot gets divided attention and they try bringing BS thinking they'll pike the interest of the viewers. ALAS. 

Down the line, i feel the creatives are lost and tired of the show, thats why they introduces tracks out of nowhere which makes no sense. Coming to MaNan- no doubt they have chemistry but at a point, a plot is more interesting than the chemistry. 
filter.coffee thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
copy pasting what i wrote in the AT

I WANT THE STRONG FIERCE FEISTY
NANDINI BACK.
not just manik's nandini.but the nandini we
all admired and manik fell in love with

also please let manan have a breather.no more angles and psychos for them.at least not for a while.please.

cvs go watch the earlier episodes.and try and see how amazing nandini was.how awesome the show was.how magnetic manik was.how electrifying manan was.we want that ky2 back.most importanly we want our stronger tigress nandini back.Edited by filter.coffee - 8 years ago
SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very good points rida. Very aptly put down
I just hope the makers do pull up their socks now and give us back the old show we used to like.
I just started watching the show  and now I do realise the makers really have a lost the touch in between like after musicana but the FC dragging has got onto most of the viewers. Really hope after this Pandit track wraps up we do get some light moments.

Hope the CV's do read this post.
TRaw thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good points.
I love this show, I have raved about it to many others. Because quite frankly this show did highlight some great issues, depicted friendship in a realistic manner. Even the love story aspect has been great, not cliche. All 8 characters from the start, had so much to offer. And I'm really hoping, the CVs or someone that has some strong control on this show, comes here and has a read.

Changes can be made, and the show can redeem itself. Popularity is huge of this show. 

The reason it has worked is cause it was different, and I hope they realize. And no more cameos, so irritating. The original 8 characters have so much to offer, no need for new characters, work with what you already have😊

Im loyal to my shows, don't ruin this one please.
zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Finally someone spoke my mind.

Kudos Rida!!!

NOw getting to the topic...this show was SO much when it started...not primarily about LAUUU...but there were so many aspects to it, so many nuances and so many cliches getting rid off.

100 episodes the characters start moving backward with a negative acceleration and it hits you...that damn! this was not what we signed for.

Another 100 and you realise melodrama is there to stay...like in literal sense and you feel like smashing the heads of the makers of the show against a wall.

How about I try doing it...someone wants to give me a hand?

Manik Nandini were not the ONLY ones I was interested in...never. Yes, they're the sole reason I'm sticking onto this...but I want it to be back to KY2.Make it a happy space as you said.

Cabir;s gay track was the last thing i wanted to see getting destroyed with Navya's shit.

Mukti and Abhi were handled so poorly.

Alya...well I thought there'll be character developement..and I've been waiting since Diwali for it.But I see no hopes.

Harshad...oh my poor villain! Yes, the actor sucks...but give him something...give Harshad something...make him evil and mean...but strong...not some superhero who hits 10 goons and who runs away like a coward.

Dhruv...the lesser I say...the better it is.

Overall...the writer's brains got peed over I suppose and they thought it's JUST MaNan for us...whereas they made it this way.

And trust me when I say this...for me Manik Nandini also seem to have lost their charm...as a unit they're still perfect and intact...but individually not really.

What should I add to this...KY2 writers so need to get their act straight and ass in line.

NOW! ASAP! ABHIII!

livelytanu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome post. πŸ‘
Well let me say frankly the show should wrap up. And that is the only solution to the problems i see. Because although there are side tracks, the show is primarily a love story. And a love story if stretched beyond a certain point loses its stream. It leads to character assassinations & lame tracks. Its sad too. the side tracks were given good screen space apart from Manan in the beginning, which stopped & it has reached a stage where i am not bothered about it. Manan story has reached a saturation point. Its complete, it cannot go beyond this. So the best way is to close the tracks like Manik-harshad, Manik-Nyo or dhruv-rishabh dramas & end the show on a good note. The show has NO story left.  And if there is no story, it will look dragged no matter what route they take. Such lame cameos, with half-baked characterisation never sells. What was the point of this Pandit track, FC & kidnapping drama? It was one of the worst tracks of the show. There is no head or tail of this track.
The only thing they can do is complete the little story they have left & let manan be together alongside complete the side tracks left. And then please a happy ending to our miseries.