The Originals

India-Forums

The Originals
The Originals

5 Things I Hate About Hayley The Queen. (Page 2)

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lekha.Mayur4eva

Originally posted by NitaMikealson

^
If that happens I wish elena remains alive till originals end LOL

me tooLOL
this is nice...i thought i'm the only one who gets annoyed by her and the rest of the fandom worshipped her

All my friends in this forum hates hayley as much I do so I am not sure where you met the hayley worshippers but i am sure this zone is filled with hayley haters 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Echo.of.Hope..preethi..

Echo.of.Hope IF-Sizzlerz
Echo.of.Hope
Echo.of.Hope

Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:17am | IP Logged
i've read a bunch of forums posts when i googled and all said how much they like hayley and want halaijah and klayley,,,,,n i was like...ugghh!!!
ppl should ship klauroline and kalaijah

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NitaReid

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

i've read a bunch of forums posts when i googled and all said how much they like hayley and want halaijah and klayley,,,,,n i was like...ugghh!!!

Well I used to  hate and like hayley  in season 1 simultaneously 

And i shipped klayley back then.Sleepy So maybe they decided to be loyal even when hayley character was butchered beyond repair but for me I just want her gone now. No ships for her. LOL

Echo.of.Hope

Echo.of.Hope IF-Sizzlerz
Echo.of.Hope
Echo.of.Hope

Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:28am | IP Logged
i liked hayley when she met tyler n was helping out...then i realized she was working with proffesior creepy...i felt sad for her coz she thought sh was doing something good.
they should have left her there and not draged her into TO...they ruined her image

NitaReid

libsrocks IF-Rockerz
libsrocks
libsrocks

Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Well like Narducci said, a character is only called popular and liked one when he/she is liked for his/her individuality. Like all the Mikaesons! People like them individual. Each family member carries an interesting trait and is liked by the viewer for that trait, not just for the ships. Now Hayley is a character who is solely liked for her ships which means she is not really a popular character! If there are no ships, people are not bothered about Hayley unless she bothers them by taking the screen time which could have been used by someone like Marcel, Cami, Davina or any other Mikaelson sibling.

NitaReid

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:43pm | IP Logged

i liked hayley when she met tyler n was helping out...then i realized she was working with proffesior creepy...i felt sad for her coz she thought sh was doing something good.
they should have left her there and not draged her into TO...they ruined her image

To be honest I didn't even pay attention to her in Tvd. She was just tyler friend turned betrayer it might due to because I hate that track cure introduction. 

Then she came to originals and on the pilot episode that aired in Tvd i was like why oh why did she was chosen to play this role.

But to be honest I tried to watch her first show since  it had both her and rebekka  and the plot looked promising lasted about ten episode and stopped since the storyline was simple and not that great. But that the only show i liked her and her character too. Then I watched originals season 2 and now I just cant stand her. 

I think my hate is just for hayley and not the actress since I liked her in her first show.

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by libsrocks

Well like Narducci said, a character is only called popular and liked one when he/she is liked for his/her individuality. Like all the Mikaesons! People like them individual. Each family member carries an interesting trait and is liked by the viewer for that trait, not just for the ships. Now Hayley is a character who is solely liked for her ships which means she is not really a popular character! If there are no ships, people are not bothered about Hayley unless she bothers them by taking the screen time which could have been used by someone like Marcel, Cami, Davina or any other Mikaelson sibling.

Yep I agree. Hayley doesn't have an individuality or specific characteristics that appeal to the viewer's. She is just someone who keep confessing her love and makes long speeches that make no sense. 

leelaa9 IF-Addictz
leelaa9
leelaa9

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Excellent points, Nita. :)

And Klaus calling Hayley 'queen' seemed to be more about playing her up.
She should have taken that *not* as an expression of her power, and more an expression of her being *not* powerful enough.

I like the Elijah-Hayley chemistry visually, but the Hayley characterization is a child lacking in maturity, quickly and with somewhat unjustified entitlement considering herself in the role of protectress of her wolves and her daughter - without even realizing that non-wolves treated her with soft gloves to avoid offending Elijah and Klaus (and Rebekah).

In terms of power, she was weaker than any of the Mikaelsons, but was in a stronger position than any werewolf because she was considered under the protection of three stronger Mikaelson family-members.

Klaus seemed to consider Hayley as 3 reasons for why he wouldn't handle her like he did other hybrids:

(1) She was the mother of his child. She would have been the only non-sibling non-love to be safe and protected by Klaus for the rest of existence if
- if she had reciprocated his keeping her as absolute and integral mother in their child's life by never trying to keep him away as father from their child, and
- if she had kept Hope as her absolute priority and not allowed Jackson (or Elijah) to be more - or even equally - important in her decisions.

(2) She was the girl his brother loved *and* who loved his brother. If Elijah ever stopped loving her, it would give Klaus much less reason to treat her as extra-special.

(3) Klaus's stalking-horse. Someone that the werewolves would not see as totally Klaus-controlled, because he would keep playing up the 'queen' thing without himself claiming as 'king' (He did in the story to Hope, but only after removing them from hybrid advantage and binding them to wolf status).

With those to whom her being a werewolf leader made no difference, Klaus felt the need to emphasize that she was the mother of his child and therefore under *his* protection.

Basically, Hayley was not Klaus's equal. She's not even Hope's equal.

But not only did she think she and the wolves would get the hybrid advantage with no strings attached, she repeatedly faced off against Klaus as if she could defeat him.

The only reason for Klaus not to kill her was Hope and Elijah.

So she was not repeatedly facing him and surviving as some powerful wolf 'queen', she was benefitting as much as if she had been a normal human girl who was the mother of his child *and* was adored by his brother.

Instead, not only was Hayley uncomprehending of her actual situation, both Jackson and Elijah played up her ignorance with their own adoration.

Jackson chose to delude himself that the advantage of being hybrid was entirely due to Hayley, and compounded his folly by thinking he could go anywhere with Hayley (and therefore Hayley's - and Klaus's - child as well) and not be hunted down by Klaus in life and afterlife.

And Elijah wanted Hayley's happiness without considering the need to stop her in any foolishness, and even gave in and acceded to her pleas sooner or later.
He could chose to sacrifice his own happiness. He miscalculated in assuming he could sacrifice his brother's paternal rights without Klaus retaliating.

Hayley tried to give Hope a life in which Klaus would *never* be a part - effectively trying to make a happy family for herself at Klaus's expense, with the extremely dubious claim that she and Jackson and the hybrids would be able to protect Hope better by being distanced from Klaus (though Klaus was infinitely more competent at strategizing than all of them put together).

Klaus has been less permanently harsh with Hayley than she was with him, and has formulated a life in which Hayley might have at least one night every month to be in Hope's life as her daughter's mother - though presumably not in the near-future.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

libsrocksNitaReid

Go to top