geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Hey all!
I loved today's episode.. And well, my favourite scene was when manik and nandini were on the couch, with their hands entwined.
For me, that whole scene was their expression of home.
It is rare that we find a friend and a lover who shares our pains and happy moments equally and loves us as much as we love them, if not more. For Nandini, there has been a dearth of such people who let her be, without expectations.. Anyway. i ended up writing this.. So share ur thoughts 😳

I used to think home was a place of fiction. When I came to Mumbai, and saw these cold bungalows with more servants than family, I was sure home was not to be found here. My fireflies gave me solace during those nights when Rishab struggled against his own demons, so hard. And almost lost, every time. His pain reminded me of what I could never be, of what we could never have: a childhood like others. Left with a fairy tale of true love and a pen to fulfil my dreams with, our parents had been forcefully taken away from us. And Rishab never spoke.
In Mumbai, amidst chachi's light hearted warmth and chacha's loving leniency, I tried to adjust... Perhaps that is what home was always supposed to be.
Maybe I had dreamed too much.
But before I reached there, I was to meet you.
You always laugh when I tell you, but you protected my fairytale from shattering. Hidden in shadows, you saved my light. As you were going to, every time, in days to come. I would hate you, and yet, you would hold on to me. I would want to give up and you would egg me on, in the only aggressive, angry way you knew. You made me shine.
And I wanted to shine for you. You gave me up, dissapointed me, scared me, excited me. And yet, you did not let go. And when I had to, I found I did not want you to.
So we began again, slowly, and became friends who were deeply in love. But it was not forever. The fireflies glowed still, our fates were entwined: but I lost my belief, till you shone for me, again. And in anger, asked me to shine, in silence, loved me. In hatred, ached with me.
After a long, hard journey, as I lean back on your chest, listening to your steady heartbeat and staring at my dreams: I realize that they lie around me, that you are the home I was looking for.
The warmth of your skin, the steadiness of your heart, the hands that refuse to let go of mine, and the taste of lips, the scent of grass and rain and you: that has always been my home.
I do not have to be strong all the time, you will hold me when I am about to break.
I do not have to be sensible all the time,
You will indulge me when I wish to be childish.
I do not have to be serious all the time,
You will laugh at my stupid jokes.
I can be a 'me' I never could be,
With you.
Manik Malhotra, how can I say those three words when I still do not know how to believe I could have all this, that I could have my home engulfing me with warmth and infusing love in every pore of my skin, every nerve of my body, every particle of my soul?
Can all this be the 'humesha' you promised?
A promise I see in your eyes and feel in your touch, a promise I sense when you say my name, to ensure I exist.
So, I answer you with smiles and hold your hands a little tighter, and love you with everything I am... Words can come later.

Love

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mamathasridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you geet 😳 , well I don't remember the exact words from our 100th AT, but yeah the lonely little girl finally found her home . The couch scene was so serene, the way they hold hands... Bliss 😳
filter.coffee thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
home is where the heart is!and nandini found home in manik's heart.

i was smiling the entire time while i was
reading this.a happy relaxed smile.isn't that
the best kinda smile?

geet love you girl!one of your best posts

i was about to ask you write something on today's epi.thank you for writing this from nandini's POV.

you described each of her thoughts,emotions perfectly.it was like reading nandini's mind while she was lying in manik's arms watching the fireflies

take a bow my pretty poet
moonstonespirit thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Geet πŸ€—
This is beautiful!!! I loved the way put forth her perspective...

Nandini is someone who always found happiness in making others happy. She reassured them, made them smile, gave them strength and told them everything will be okay. But she never really had anyone to do that for her. So she knew the comfort and strength these mere word could infuse in one. She was forced to seek strength in her father's pen and comfort from her mother's fireflies. These objects became the source her strength..

But when he accidentally entered her life, she found someone who gave her those words. Someone who would never let her fall. Someone who would always be there for her, through thick and thin of life. Someone who gave her strength and reason to hope. Someone who gave her peace and made her smile. Someone who made her fireflies glow and dance away in glory. Someone who cherished her and protected her. 

Slowly and steadily he took over her heart. He became her home.

The journey of their togetherness is so pure and unique like them... You cant help but love them

y.c.yetikaroxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow!...that's  beautiful i have no words!

n ya i want to tell u that i do regularly stalk the AT and have read your poems... u  are  extremely talented and keep posting them in the AT as i would love to read more...
Edited by y.c.yetikaroxx - 9 years ago
riddhima11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
You are such a brilliant writer.. I loved it.. simply loved it.. it felt as if you wrote Nandini's heart out.. such beautiful description.. the couch scene was indeed the best... and I can't help falling head over heels in love with these two.. our babies in love... 
Thank you for such an amazing post dear..
It made my morning bright and more cheerful filled with Manan love..

Love
Pankhuri
P.S. keep writing.. you are really good at it
CooChi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
'So, I answer you with smiles and hold your hands a little tighter, and love you with everything I am... Words can come later.'

This Slayed me...Completely!

She did answer him ...with her smiles...telling him through her eyes..the love she has for him is much more than these mere words!
And he got that.
The smile not leaving her face even for a second..indicating the love she has in her heart for him..is For ever! HAMESHA!
Her hands...playing with his hands...intertwining them..teasing his fingers..getting teased by his fingers...having their own love story ..serene sight!!
Him..kissing her back..nuzzling her ear...inhaling her sweet scent...not getting enough of it..worshipping her like he always does..wanting more of her..wanting to preserve her scent in him forever..wanting to be near his favourite thing THE EARRING, forever!

The couch scene was so beautiful that words are not enough for it...
You are love Geet!!
Keep writing such stuffs...! πŸ‘
It feels am a regular visitor of the Heaven!
But no..This place is good...better than heaven! πŸ˜ƒ 😳Edited by CooChi - 9 years ago
Stardust09 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So you did post it here, my bad. It's beautiful, Geet. As beautiful as them. Brought happy tears to my eyes. They deserve all the happiness in the world, and more. I don't even know what to say, I wish someone understood me like you understand her. Gah! that's all, you made me all sentimental. πŸ˜’Edited by Stardust09 - 9 years ago
..RS.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
WOW ur words r mesmerizingπŸ‘πŸ‘
vani86 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
beautifully penned...!!!! loved it πŸ‘