Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Sanam Saeed is a good actor. I really like her..but, she  has some  obvious flaws as an actress. I've always found it hard to say whether or not Sanam Saeed is versatile..she has some limitations as a performer which makes it hard for me to judge her entirely. However, she has tried taking up different kind of roles over the years. She has a lot of intent as a performer which allows you to overlook some of her flaws.

Sanam Saeed has received a lot of bold, female characters. Characters which have required a certain kind of demeanor. Shazia from Mera Naseeb, Kashaf from ZGH and Yamina from MeJ are such examples...and for that, Sanam Saeed perfectly slipped into her roles because she can use some of her traits to her advantage - primarily her voice & dialogue delivery. Her dialogue delivery can be her strongest points in some shows and then her weakest in others. For the shows I mentioned above, it was her stronger points and it all worked in her favor. Other times, she ends up being stiff because of this very same dialogue delivery. For instance, in Shukk..I found her lacking voice modulation when she delivered her dialogues as a bechari aurat. You couldn't really tell when she was expressing happiness or sorrow through her voice..it all sounded the same. She also had that stiff demeanor which wasn't really required in that show as much as it was in a ZGH or Mera Naseeb. Mostly,  it's the voice modulation that's an issue in her delivering a lot of her dialogues. She can express herself well through facial expressions but it comes out wrong at times because her voice isn't on the same page.

Someone like Saba Qamar modulates her voice perfectly.  Her voice modulates depending upon the emotions needed to deliver a scene. You can easily distinguish when her character's happy, sad, excited, angry etc. That all comes from the WAY she's modulating her voice. Sanam Saeed on the other hand has somewhat trouble doing that in some of her shows..which can make her sound monotonous.

With that said, I'd still say that Sanam Saeed is a good actress as she has still proven herself in a lot of her shows and improved tremendously, and she is still one of the better ones out there...but she isn't genuinely effortless. I think post ZGH airing in India, Sanam Saeed has gained a lot of hype..and good for her, because I loved her as Kashaf...she was perfect...but, at the same time, she still has some areas where she needs to work on as an actor. She's not a Saba Qamar, but she's not a Mahira either. She's in between in my opinion.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Abby.. I am talking about the way of talking NOT their voice.. No one can change his/her voice generally.. But we can change our way of talking na according to the role..

U mentioned other actors too.. Just take an example of Ayeza if u want.. See chup chup rehne wali Haya of Mere Meherbaan n compare it to that tezz n munphat grey shaded Zoni of Aks... Or even in any other shows of hers in which she did a calm role etc... U can see a difference between the body language n style of talking.. Not saying that Ayeza is a great actress.. But one can't deny this.. She adapted that style..

From recent times.. U can see Ali Rehman too.. I have watched all three shows of him n he did roles completely different from each other.. From Rishtey Kuch Adhoorey Se to a sophisticated n classy Azar in Mohabbat Ab Nahi Hogi n now in Dayar e Dil toh u r watching him.. How perfectly he adapted that style.. One can't even think that he doen't talk with that accent in real life..

I m just talking about the difference in style n dialogue delivery.. This is what make the audience feel if the character is different or not.. I can definitely feel in these mentioned just above the difference n versitality surely... But sadly I can't see it in Sanam Saeed.. :/ i mean.. Even her get up is THE SAME for every show of hers... 🤔
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Sanam Saeed is a good actor. I really like her..but, she  has some  obvious flaws as an actress. I've always found it hard to say whether or not Sanam Saeed is versatile..she has some limitations as a performer which makes it hard for me to judge her entirely. However, she has tried taking up different kind of roles over the years. She has a lot of intent as a performer which allows you to overlook some of her flaws.

Sanam Saeed has received a lot of bold, female characters. Characters which have required a certain kind of demeanor. Shazia from Mera Naseeb, Kashaf from ZGH and Yamina from MeJ are such examples...and for that, Sanam Saeed perfectly slipped into her roles because she can use some of her traits to her advantage - primarily her voice & dialogue delivery. Her dialogue delivery can be her strongest points in some shows and then her weakest in others. For the shows I mentioned above, it was her stronger points and it all worked in her favor. Other times, she ends up being stiff because of this very same dialogue delivery. For instance, in Shukk..I found her lacking voice modulation when she delivered her dialogues as a bechari aurat. You couldn't really tell when she was expressing happiness or sorrow through her voice..it all sounded the same. She also had that stiff demeanor which wasn't really required in that show as much as it was in a ZGH or Mera Naseeb. Mostly,  it's the voice modulation that's an issue in her delivering a lot of her dialogues. She can express herself well through facial expressions but it comes out wrong at times because her voice isn't on the same page.

Someone like Saba Qamar modulates her voice perfectly.  Her voice modulates depending upon the emotions needed to deliver a scene. You can easily distinguish when her character's happy, sad, excited, angry etc. That all comes from the WAY she's modulating her voice. Sanam Saeed on the other hand has somewhat trouble doing that in some of her shows..which can make her sound monotonous.

With that said, I'd still say that Sanam Saeed is a good actress as she has still proven herself in a lot of her shows and improved tremendously, and she is still one of the better ones out there...but she isn't genuinely effortless. I think post ZGH airing in India, Sanam Saeed has gained a lot of hype..and good for her, because I loved her as Kashaf...she was perfect...but, at the same time, she still has some areas where she needs to work on as an actor. She's not a Saba Qamar, but she's not a Mahira either. She's in between in my opinion.

perfectly said...👏 
starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I was watching some scenes from Daam today and Sanam Saeed is the weakest link in that show by miles. Aamina Sheikh and Sanam Baloch are far more effortless and natural and it shows. If you compare Sanam Saeed in Daam to Sanam Saeed in ZGH..you'll notice massive improvement in her body language and facial expressions..however that dialogue delivery still hasn't changed. It worked wonders for her in ZGH and she used it to her advantage but she was horrible in Daam. It was as if she couldn't speak in Urdu properly at all then.

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
The thing that I have noticed about Sanam is that kind off brings some sort of arrogance and stiffness in all her shows. It worked in ZGH because the character demanded that. but she was really good in ZGH. The star of that show.
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

The thing that I have noticed about Sanam is that kind off brings some sort of arrogance and stiffness in all her shows. It worked in ZGH because the character demanded that. but she was really good in ZGH. The star of that show.

Sanam Saeed was the best part about ZGH. I loved her as Kashaf. I feel she genuinely overshadowed Fawad.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Sanam Saeed was the best part about ZGH. I loved her as Kashaf. I feel she genuinely overshadowed Fawad.

No one over shadowed anyone in zgh 

Everyone was outstanding in their own ground 

Why only Fawad Sanam 

Sameena peerzada hina bayat mansha pasha waseem Abbas behroz sir 

were they any less 

And kashaf was way too pessimistic n annoying

I liked sameena peerzada and mansha pashas characters way more in this show 

They made kashaf hv a better life 

They made kashaf believe life can b beautiful 

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
we are talking about the actor not the character
Kashaf was annoying because Sanam made her annoying
She was supposed to be annoying. Kashaf in my opinion is one of the most difficult characters played on screen
starstruckk thumbnail
In my opinion, Sanam Saeed was the best part about ZGH. She was the best performer by far and I've always said this. That show made Sanam Saeed who she is today. Fawad could have probably done another show for Humtv after Humsafar and it would've still done well..but this was make or break for Sanam and I feel she really proved herself. Even Sanam Saeed knew that she had to really prove herself here. I may have certain issues with her as an actor in some of her other shows but not in ZGH...not at all. The supporting cast was awesome but everything revolved around Kashaf, not them.

And, I never found Kashaf annoying. I found her very real. That's how most of us are - pessimistic, insecure, complex, vulnerable etc. Kashaf was as real as anyone can get...and I never ever found her annoying..but that's just me.

Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I think she seems repetitive because she does all her roles the way Sanam would do it in real life, naturally...I am not a big fan of hers, but I like the roles she picks up and always give it a try...and I usually watch the shows for the content, not because SS is part of the show.
I think she was Awesome in ZGH and doing very well in DD...I dont think she can ever do a role of a dehati woman, thats for sure.😆