Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
If you read the whole article the writer's name is Srividya Menon. Its given right at the top. Here are the exact lines:
It is the same everywhere. Like many lost causes from Bollywood,Srividya Menon unearthed reports that a hot pair from Pakistan cannot see eye-to-eye.

I am sure this is out in this issue of Stardust's print edition or will be out in next. It wont take long now for Indian media to pick it up. 

TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

On topic - such articles have been floating around ever since these two did Humsafar. I don't think Fawad and Mahira will ever come out and straightforwardly say that they've ever had any awkwardness or problems with each other at any point in time if true.  Mahira isn't a Sanam Saeed who'd speak her mind how she could care less about you if you're going to snub her. Mahira was going through a tough time in her personal space post Humsafar or even during Humsafar. I don't think it's far fetched to think that Fawad's wife, if not Fawad, possibly had her apprehensions about having her husband work with Mahira around that time. I think that's just 2+2 right there. I'd probably feel the same..and I'm sure others would also here if they were Fawad's wife. I don't think Fawad's ever going to give an interview on this and neither is his wife or Mahira..so, this is just me being hypothetical.

People make these two come together on different platforms because of Humsafar. I think they're professional enough to agree and carry on with whatever they're asked to do. When you're supposedly the most "hit" jodi in Pakistan, and have to constantly promote yourselves together..I'd expect the actors in question to be professional enough to go along with it regardless (this is generally speaking). I don't think they hate each other, but to say they're "friends" may not be true either.  It's kind of like Ranbir and Priyanka where if you were to see them on face value at events promoting their work..would anyone comfortably be able to say they don't get along offscreen? I've never really seen these two hang out together at events they're both invited to.  Fawad never talks about Mahira unless asked...he's always the reserved one in their interviews. Mahira comes across as a little ditsy offscreen, so I don't think you can ever tell by her body language what's actually going on inside her head. She doesn't seem to hold grudges either like Fawad may, so I don't think she'd ever make it obvious that she has ever had any kind of awkwardness with someone else.

Point is..there are a lot of things that can be made out of their onscreen appearances..but I for one, never saw them as friends. Friends are something else.

I kinda agree...Mahira's gushing about Fawad is quiet something. She was all Fawad Fawad in her Indian media appearances. I wont be surprised if that made Fawad and Sadaf uncomfortable. The strange thing is Sonam also gushes...if possible ten times more than Mahira right in front of his wife. Yet Fawad is pretty cool with her. 
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

I kinda agree...Mahira's gushing about Fawad is quiet something. She was all Fawad Fawad in her Indian media appearances. I wont be surprised if that made Fawad and Sadaf uncomfortable. The strange thing is Sonam also gushes...if possible ten times more than Mahira right in front of his wife. Yet Fawad is pretty cool with her. 

I\ve seen every interview of Mahira's when she went to India, and she only went Fawad Fawad when asked about Fawad, how was the gushing something when it wasn't even really gushing? ðŸ˜• I can name so many other actresses in Pakistan who do the same so would they be gushing too?
Edited by BlackStar. - 9 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
And why is it so shocking that an Indian magazine published about Fawad and Mahira? Fawad is the hottest newcomer in Bollywood atm...everyone knows that. And Mahira is making her debut opposite the King Khan himself. Enough reasons for gossip magazines to start looking for dirt on Fawad. I'd only say Welcome to Bollywood Fawad!
TheRager thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: BlackStar.

I\ve seen every interview of Mahira's when she went to India, and she only went Fawad Fawad when asked about Fawad, how was the gushing something when it wasn't even really gushing? ðŸ˜• I can name so many other actresses in Pakistan who do the same so would they be gushing too?

She tries to give the impression they are besties...when clearly it isnt the case. If I am not wrong Fawad appears close to only his EP gang from Lahore. None of the TV types are his friends. The others like Aamina Shaikh for example who praises Fawad as an actor and star. But never tries to give the impression they are close friends or anything. 
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I've never gotten an impression like that from her... she makes it quite clear who are her best friends and who is just a friend.. at-least how I see it. I guess it's different how we perceive things. But it could also be because Mahira isn't the best at speaking.. far from articulate.. she has trouble getting words across most of the time.Edited by BlackStar. - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Mahira's the ditsy kind. I've always found her somewhat immature for her age. Sometimes she'll say things and you'll have no idea why she's saying them.  I've noticed her gushing over Fawad too, but I feel she just does it mindlessly without any ill intent.. but the thing is - I don't find the need for her to do so because it has never been reciprocated from Fawad's end...which doesn't help her case because it allows one to ponder about whether or not Fawad has his reservations about her. She does tend to give you an impression that they're close buddies by the way she speaks of him, when in reality there's never ever any proof that they've merely said hi-hellow-how are you-let's take a picture etfc at events or so where both have been invited (which have been a lot).

I remember even during Humsafar's promotions..Fawad used to praise Naveen a lot more. He'd actually go out of his way to praise her despite Naveen being the reserved kind. He never really did that with Mahira unless asked. When they received their best jodi award at those (lousy) Humtv awards..it was really awkward. Mahira thanked her husband lol, while Fawad I think thanked the fans..and this is when they received best JODI...neither one of them thanked each other, or even looked at each other. I felt Mahira was actually really nervous to say anything there because she was going through problems in her marriage..and she probably felt safe to just mention her husband more than anyone else there..but Fawad, didn't say anything about her at all. Mahira mentioned agreeing with Fawad or something of that sort during her acceptance speech at the LSAs in 2012 when they won Humsafar. Later, Fawad went up but never mentioned Mahira even once when he won. They don't even have one picture of them standing together, when their show swept all the awards that year.

Also, during his interview with her for that TUC show..I felt as if Fawad was mocking Mahira's silliness. I sensed a lot of sarcasm at Mahira from Fawad's end, more than genuine friendliness. As I said, Mahira comes across as rather childish to me and maybe Fawad finds it off putting..who knows...but, I've felt that way after seeing TUC. With Sonam, I've never sensed that which is weird. He genuinely seems very comfortable with her..even though she's far more ditsy and childish than Mahira...but the admiration is surely reciprocated from his end, and it shows.

starstruckk thumbnail
If you take a look at Imran Abbas and Sanam Jung offscreen..you can genuinely say that they're good friends. Their comfort level around each other says a lot. Adeel Hussain and Aamina Sheikh are also genuinely good friends. Both of them are always fondly praising each other. With Fawad and Mahira, there's no such offscreen mutual admiration or chemistry to suggest that they're friends.
Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Mahira's the ditsy kind. I've always found her somewhat immature for her age. Sometimes she'll say things and you'll have no idea why she's saying them.  I've noticed her gushing over Fawad too, but I feel she just does it mindlessly without any ill intent.. but the thing is - I don't find the need for her to do so because it has never been reciprocated from Fawad's end...which doesn't help her case because it allows one to ponder about whether or not Fawad has his reservations about her. She does tend to give you an impression that they're close buddies by the way she speaks of him, when in reality there's never ever any proof that they've merely said hi-hellow-how are you-let's take a picture etfc at events or so where both have been invited (which have been a lot).

I remember even during Humsafar's promotions..Fawad used to praise Naveen a lot more. He'd actually go out of his way to praise her despite Naveen being the reserved kind. He never really did that with Mahira unless asked. When they received their best jodi award at those (lousy) Humtv awards..it was really awkward. Mahira thanked her husband lol, while Fawad I think thanked the fans..and this is when they received best JODI...neither one of them thanked each other, or even looked at each other. I felt Mahira was actually really nervous to say anything there because she was going through problems in her marriage..and she probably felt safe to just mention her husband more than anyone else there..but Fawad, didn't say anything about her at all. Mahira mentioned agreeing with Fawad or something of that sort during her acceptance speech at the LSAs in 2012 when they won Humsafar. Later, Fawad went up but never mentioned Mahira even once when he won. They don't even have one picture of them standing together, when their show swept all the awards that year.

Also, during his interview with her for that TUC show..I felt as if Fawad was mocking Mahira's silliness. I sensed a lot of sarcasm at Mahira from Fawad's end, more than genuine friendliness. As I said, Mahira comes across as rather childish to me and maybe Fawad finds it off putting..who knows...but, I've felt that way after seeing TUC. With Sonam, I've never sensed that which is weird. He genuinely seems very comfortable with her..even though she's far more ditsy and childish than Mahira...but the admiration is surely reciprocated from his end, and it shows.

The bold bit I agree...I got the same impression too from the TUC show. And more than that later in the HSY show. Fawad usually lets the other person do the talking..the first question HSY asked about their chemistry and surprisingly Fawad quickly answered that himself instead of letting Mahira talk and credited it to the whole team. 
With Sonam he does genuinely seems comfortable...I think he is far more comfortable with Rhea though. Goes out of the way to reciprocate the admiration for sure. 
AnkYa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

The bold bit I agree...I got the same impression too from the TUC show. And more than that later in the HSY show. Fawad usually lets the other person do the talking..the first question HSY asked about their chemistry and surprisingly Fawad quickly answered that himself instead of letting Mahira talk and credited it to the whole team. 
With Sonam he does genuinely seems comfortable...I think he is far more comfortable with Rhea though. Goes out of the way to reciprocate the admiration for sure. 

Sonam n Mahira has no comparison .Sonam gush abt him just lyk a fangurl  ðŸ˜†But d thing is Fawad is more reserve dan Mahira n one thing which i noticed dat Mahira is d one who is asked abt fawad more so its obvious she will talk abt him n abt Sadaf being insecure with her i cant blv it 
Edited by AnkYa - 8 years ago