Tanvi.Alison thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Thank you so much πŸ˜Š
Tanvi.Alison thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aruna.negi

Nice concept. Pl update new chapter soon.

Thank you so much πŸ˜Š
Tanvi.Alison thumbnail

Originally posted by: nizahairu

Super begining

Please pm me

Thank you so much πŸ˜Š 
Also, I do not send PM's for any of my stories... Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tanvi.Alison thumbnail
Note:
I do not encourage any act of physical abuse or violence through any of my work. i believe that unless the problem is spoken about, one cannot come to the solution. A humble request to everyone to wait until the story unfolds. I cannot show Khushi as a strong independent woman in the first chapter itself, given that she comes from a very humble background. She has to grow emotionally and psychologically with time. Give the story and some characters some time to grow. Having said that, i do appreciate the feedback I've been receiving for the story. It does help me write better! Do continue the support and love. Thanks a bunch!

Part Two

"You're his... elder brother?" Khushi asked in a mere whisper. Arnav smirked at her, "Yes. Do I need to produce a birth certificate now, Your Royal Highness?" Khushi looked at him, and even without a birth certificate, she could tell that the two of them were brothers by blood. Both of them had the similar physique and bore strikingly similar features; both the brothers had pale yet deep eyes, a strong square jaw, a straight aristocratic nose, and perfectly sculpted lips. Apart from that, both of them were arrogant and had an aura of power around them. The man in front of her, though, was slightly more muscular and taller by few inches than her husband. "Looks like you have no problem in staring at another man while your husband's dead body is placed in front of you!" Arnav said as he gritted his teeth, shocking Khushi with his words. She was about to retort when he said again, "Spare me the speech, woman. I don't want to waste my time on someone like you, who can do anything for money and fame. Today, you've come here as my brother's wife to claim for his mortal remains. Yet, I do not see you mourning for the loss of your husband. Was he really your husband? Or were you just one among those who entertained him, if you know what exactly I mean?"

Khushi froze; she stood rooted to the ground as the man spoke in pure hatred. She could see the rage in his eyes and taste the venom in his words. "How dare you accuse me of being a wh**e!" she screamed, and in the very next minute yelped in pain as she clasped her belly. "Seems like another drama coming up? I must say, you can give the Bollywood actresses a run for their money." Arnav said with his mouth contorted in displeasure. Shyam rushed to her side and helped her sit on a nearby bench. Offering her a glass of water, he said in a meek voice, "Arnav ji, my sister is pregnant with Arjun's child. Please do not speak to her in such manner. She was married to your brother in my presence. We do have proof of their wedding. And..." "Oh yes!" Arnav said rolling his eyes, "I forgot about proof! Where did you get it? Photoshop?"

"Arnav ji, enough! Just because Khushi isn't saying a word, it doesn't mean you can say whatever you wish. If you weren't Arjun's elder brother, I would have smashed your teeth for talking such rubbish about my sister!" "Shyam Gupta!" Sub-Inspector Wagle said, "You've spoken enough in my presence. Constable, arrest this man" he asked one of his men to handcuff Shyam. "Wh... What did I do Saheb?" Shyam asked, and Wagle glared at Shyam. "Don't try to act smart, you leech! We've found out about all your dealings and how involved you were with Arjun Singh Raizada in the drug dealings." Shyam joined his hands and stammered, "But... but Saheb, I did not..." Gowtham Wagle slapped Shyam across the face, which drew blood at the corner of his lip. "Throw this filthy fellow behind bars" his voice boomed and the constable dragged Shyam away.

Khushi's eyes were shut tight until the pain in her abdomen subsided. She heard Shyam calling out to Khushi while being dragged away. She had seen this day coming, when Shyam would pay for his illegal dealings, but she did not know it would happen at such a time when she would have no one around her, causing her to be so helpless. Even before she could stand up or even look at her brother being dragged away, she heard another arrogant voice saying, "Now that your brother is behind bars, I believe no one's there to support your pretty little act? I'd suggest you pack your things and get the f**k out of here as soon as possible. Who knows, you too may be put behind bars for prostitution? Save your ass, and move out of here while there's still time." She looked up at Arnav, with her eyes glistening with tears. "How can you be so insensitive, Arnav ji? Could you, at least, be a little polite and humane? How can you call the mother of your brother's child as a prostitute?" She closed her eyes and let the tears fall off her face as she curled up on the bench and cried her heart out.

Khushi never wanted to marry Arjun, in the first place. She never asked for this painful life. All she ever wanted to do was complete her college education and take up a decent job. But even then, her greedy brother did not let her live in peace. "My friend is really interested in you. He says he is crazy about you and wants to marry you. You know who he is? His name is Arjun Singh Raizada, from Raizada Industries. He's really wealthy, and he can set our lives. You don't even have to work for the rest of your life, Khushi. You will have maids to even bring you a glass of water! Think about it Khushi." Shyam had forced her to consider marriage with Arjun. She hadn't given in and had told him that her studies and her career were a priority. "But Arjun said he would let you study after marriage. Khushi, have I ever asked anything of you? I have always looked after you like my own little baby, after Amma-Bauji passed away. I promised them I would get you married into a very good and well-settled family. Now, Arjun has come asking for you. Won't you do this for me? Please say yes, Khushi. That way, I can fulfil my promise to Amma-Bauji, and their soul can rest in peace too." After a lot of persistence and even more emotional blackmail from Shyam, Khushi gave in. She finally agreed to marry Arjun.

However, in spite of being married to Arjun Singh Raizada, she did not accept him as her husband in all senses. He had never spoken about his family, and neither was she interested in knowing about him. She hated the way he stared at her, with that lustful gaze. She did not let him come close to her. He had not given up though, and was equally stubborn. He tried to touch her body when she was asleep. And when she would walk away with her pillow to sleep on the couch, he would speak filth as to what he would do to her if she would just allow him. She was dying a little, every single day. A relationship that was supposed to be the most beautiful one, had become a noose round her neck that kept tightening every day. It was that fateful day when he came into the bedroom, drunk to the brim. Her pleas had fallen on deaf ears, and he did not care about her anymore. "Shut up, you bitch. I'm your husband and you're supposed to please me. It's your duty" he had said, to which she had slapped him. His control had snapped. He had held her by her hair and spat on her face, "Now you will know what it means to defy Arjun Singh Raizada."  He had then physically abused her and raped her. He had left her wounded and bleeding.

Two days later, after recovering from her physical wounds, when she had spoken to her brother, after much hesitation, he had told her that she shouldn't be complaining about her marriage and must live with her husband as his wife, in all true senses. "What else is Arjun going to do?" Shyam had said, shocking Khushi beyond limit. "Arjun has a beautiful wife like you, and you do not let him close to you. How much of self-control is he going to exercise? After all, he is a human; not a divine sage. So what if he made you his wife, by force. After this, don't give him any chance to force himself on you." She had cried for hours after that. The only person on whom she trusted had betrayed her. When she spoke of walking out of the marriage, Shyam said, "You will do no such thing, Khushi. What is society going to say about you? Who will accept a woman who has left her husband?" "But Shyam, he abused me." Khushi pleaded him for some sympathy, "Why can't you understand?" "Khushi, why can't you understand? People are going to talk about us. They are going to look at you as if you're a filthy creature. Didn't Amma say- A woman's paradise is at the feet of her husband? Amma would definitely be hurt if she saw you defying your husband! Khushi, get one thing clear. If you do anything to break this marriage apart, you will have to do it over my dead body!"  Khushi was left with no option. She had to walk back into the fires of hell. Once in a few nights, Arjun would come to her and satisfy his lust while she would lie on her back, as still as a dead body. She was merely breathing; she had lost her life, long back when the man put his filthy hands on her.

However, unknown to anyone, Arjun had other plans. "Marriage? Oh please!" he cackled as he spoke to a friend, "I had to tie that nuptil chain round her because her brother wouldn't let me sleep with her before marriage, even if I paid him a huge sum,  I had to convince him that I am madly in love with her. Moreover, Khushi is just convenience. I like her in bed. It's just a matter of some time, until I am bored of her, which does not seem anytime soon. Once I am done with her, I will find another convenience." But, over the time, Arjun's visits at the Gupta House reduced. He would come once in a while, stay the night and would leave in the morning. Khushi was the only one who was most relieved. Her relief did not last long though, and it was just last week she discovered she was pregnant. She did not get a chance to tell Arjun about her pregnancy, at all. Not that he would care; he would have asked her to get rid of the baby. But being the father of that child, he would deserve to know. And before she could learn his whereabouts, he was shot dead by the police.

"What is happening in my station?" Gowtham's voice almost shook the walls when he heard Khushi and Arnav's argument. "Complete the goddamn formalities and get out" Arnav stood in front of the sub-inspector with his hands in the pocket of his slacks, "Fine. But, Raizada  Family gets to take the body home. No one else." Gowtham glanced at Khushi, who was not in a position to say anything. She was just weeping, and Gowtham decided it was best if the Raizada's claimed for the body. If the media learnt about Khushi Gupta's involvement in the case, they would eat her alive. And somehow, Gowtham Wagle did not want that to happen. He had a sister of Khushi's age, and it would shatter the man if, God forbid, his sister were to be in Khushi's place. Gowtham walked into another room to complete the procedures and Arnav followed him without another glance at Khushi.

Khushi sat crying as she recalled her entire life. Her eyes flew open when she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. It was Arjun's mother- Ratna Raizada. "Dear, tell me nothing but the truth. Are you carrying my Arjun's child?" she asked with tears in her eyes and Khushi nodded. Arvind's eyes grew wide, "Ratna, how do we know if she's not lying? She could be a cheat, scheming for money!" Ratna looked at Khushi, who kept crying bitterly at the accusations everyone was throwing at her. Ratna shook her head, "No Arvind, she is not lying." "We will have a DNA test. Only then we can believe her." Arvind spoke, and Ratna nodded as she hugged Khushi- the mother of her deceased son's unborn child.

Arnav returned to where his parents were standing and saw his mother hugging the woman who claimed to be his brother's wife. He was about to comment something, but Arvind placed his hand on his shoulder, "Arnav, let them be. Your mother is in a very fragile state of mind. She feels that the woman bears Arjun's child- the only keepsake left behind by him, apart from memories." "But Dad, this woman may be a fraud and..." "I know, I understand. I've spoken to the IG of Police. He said he'll look into the matter without the Raizada name being maligned. Also, he'll help us find out more about this young woman." Arnav nodded, with his gaze fixed on the woman. He could not even defend his brother because the whole family knew Arjun's way of life. They had tried their best to bring him out of his reckless lifestyle. But that made him all the more determined to do his own will. Smoking, drinking and girls were a part of his carefree life. Arnav, being the older and responsible brother, tried talking him out of it, but Arjun always misinterpreted his concern.

Arnav recalled the time when Arjun had announced to start a new business. "It's not easy to start up a new business, Arjun. It takes a lot of effort and dedication" Arnav had told him to which Arjun had replied that he was not asking anyone's permission. "Arjun, first mend your ways and become a responsible person. I'd suggest you to start your own business, after you've learnt more responsibility!" Arnav had told him. But Arjun had retorted, "Only bad habits ought to be changed. I don't find anything wrong in my lifestyle. I enjoy myself and it makes me happy. Moreover, I'm not asking you to help me in my business. I don't need a rupee from you. I have a few shares that Dad has bought in my name. I'll sell them and I'll do my own thing. And once I am successful, you're going to burn in jealousy!" Arnav had only shaken his head at his brother's thinking. He never knew why Arjun always felt that he was jealous of him. And as expected, the business did crumble down; it went on a loss due to Arjun's wicked ways. Arnav did try to help him, but he plainly refused, "I do not want favours from you!" Arnav then recalled that, since a year, Arjun had never asked for any money from Dad or him. He never even operated his bank account. Yet, he had the money for his same old lifestyle. It was then that Arnav had learnt that his brother was into dealing with drugs, and did make him understand that he was going on the wrong way. "Arjun, please understand. You're not going to prosper if you continue this way. You know what? Give up all of this drug business. You can work at Raizada Enterprises." Arjun had smirked, "You want me to work at your office? Why? So that you can watch me beg you for money? No, dear brother. I cannot give you that satisfaction of watching me work below you. You are saying all this because you're jealous that I am making much more money than you, while enjoying my life to the fullest." Arnav had been hurt back then, but as always, he brushed it aside, hoping that Arjun would learn from his mistakes, at least one day.

Presently, Arnav's eyes glistened with tears as he thought about his dead brother. Even if he was just two years older to him, he always treated Arjun like his baby brother. When sub-inspector Wagle had asked him to identify the body, for formality sakes, he hadn't prepared himself for the sight. His brother lay there, pale and lifeless. And no matter how much Arjun had hurt him, and how much Arnav had tried to correct him, he wished to take back every damn thing he said that had unintentionally hurt his little brother. Watching his dead body was the worst thing that he had ever experienced.

Once again, Arnav's eyes surveyed the scene as Ratna helped the woman stand on her feet. "No dear, please don't cry. I know you're heart-broken because Arjun has gone ahead of us, but you need to gather yourself. This baby depends on you" Ratna told Khushi. Khushi nodded; she was in a fit of tears. Not because she had lost her husband, but because she had absolutely no clue where to go and what to do. The only means of support, her brother, was already behind bars, and even though she was grateful to him for all the years he had looked after her, she could not defend his deeds. He had called trouble upon himself, just like how her husband did. Wiping away her tears, she stepped out of the station, not expecting the huge crowd to flash their cameras in front of her face.

"What is your involvement with Arjun Raizada?" "Sources say that Arjun used to visit you quite often. Is it true?" "What is your relationship with Arjun Raizada?" "We have heard that the two of you are married. Is it right?" "Did you know about his drug dealings? If so, why did you not inform the police?" "How is your brother involved with Arjun Raizada? Is he a part of the drug deals as well?" Khushi stood in front of the cameras, almost lifeless. Each question was like a stake to her heart. Even before she could react and answer the questions, Khushi felt her hand being grabbed and she looked up to see Arnav Singh Raizada ushering her into the car, followed by his grandmother. Arvind and Ratna drove away in the other car.

Once Khushi was inside the car and after the car moved away from the group of journalists hovering around, Arnav bellowed, "What the hell is wrong with you? Why the f**k did you have to go out and stand in front of the media? Do you know how many questions will rise now? Who the hell asked you to show your face out there?" "Arnav, that's enough!" Devyani said sternly, looking at Khushi shivering in fear, and Arnav looked outside the window; his jaw muscles still bulging in anger. "Khushi dear", Devyani said to her amidst her own tears, causing Arnav to look up at the two women. "I know this must be a difficult time for you. It is, for us all. But time will heal everything. Devi Maiyya will make everything right." Khushi nodded, absorbing every single word of positivity.

In no time, the driver drove to the locality where Khushi was staying. "Thank you, Daadi" she mumbled, and Devyani caught hold of her hand. "I'll be sending the car tomorrow, for you to come home, for... Arjun's funeral" Khushi nodded in silence. When she got out of the car and walked to the gate of her house, she felt someone walk behind her. Turning around, she saw Arnav Singh Raizada standing behind her. "I don't know what exactly is in your mind, but I know you have some intention behind this goody-two-shoes act" he said to her in a harsh whisper. "Know one thing, Miss. Whatever, I will not let you win so easily. You think you and your scheming brother can get away with anything? You're absolutely wrong. I will find out what you two are up to, and I will make you pay for it. Also, get one thing clear in your head. Don't even think of coming to the Raizada House tomorrow. If I see you there, then even I am not responsible for what I will do to you. Don't blame me later for being the insensitive jerk, which I am." Khushi almost pushed herself into the cement wall behind her, as she heard him speak. The man intimidated her to no limit. Arnav couldn't stop from smirking when he saw that the woman was pretty shaken up with his talk. He was sure she wouldn't even think of turning up at the Raizada House tomorrow. Just like that, he turned his heel to go away. Just as Khushi relaxed herself, he turned around again, and this time, he stood only inches away from her, with rage-filled eyes. Snapping his finger at her, he said to her in a cold, hushed tone, "Don't forget, I will be watching you, very closely" And with those words, he was gone, leaving Khushi behind in a bundle of nerves.
..ri.. thumbnail
me first..
amazing update.. wish arnav to behave well with khushi.. without knowing her, how can he treat her like this.. guess he will suffer for that.. nice update.. Edited by ..ri.. - 9 years ago
SirenMitra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I hope he will know truth about her soon.. But I don't want Khushi to give in easily to him... Very nice update!