IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Have not watched "Dor" yet. With such recommendation seems like I will have to watch it. Thanks.

TO me both girls ans Shreyas are candidates for acting awards. Ayesha really was the surprize package.

LOLLOLLOL

So this proves that in this film Ayesha is watachable even for elders!!!

I am 41. Not dead!

Ayyo!!!! Why do people get angry very quickly in old age ?

Sorry If hurt you.You are our Debate Mansion's  rock star Star

(Not with )sincere apologiesLOL,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 06 November 2006 at 5:31pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'Dor' - widow emancipation (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Have not watched "Dor" yet. With such recommendation seems like I will have to watch it. Thanks.

TO me both girls ans Shreyas are candidates for acting awards. Ayesha really was the surprize package.

LOLLOLLOL

So this proves that in this film Ayesha is watachable even for elders!!!

I am 41. Not dead!

Abhi, as my pov is, brutal honesty, even that of age, seldom pays...WinkLOL

Try your luck with 31 next time, maybe you would be brought back into the undead.....LOL

I am not sure which films you are referring to, but I have always found Ayesha very very sweet and cute in every movie. I have never seen her in any remotedly revealing dress or any item role...maybe I missed...but I loved her in that movie too where she was paired with Abhay Deol, forgot the name of the movie - it had the song 'yara rub ruth jaane de'.....she looked very very cute and innocent in that too.

Prenz~13

IF-Rockerz

Prenz~13

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
women don't get equal opportunities as men
for years,its been like that...not only in india, but in the world too..
wen one woman ties to break free...shes hounded by others,simply for the reason that they don't hav the courage to do so..and they can't see sum1 else live a life they hav been dreaming of..

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 11:19am | IP Logged
I finally got chance to watch the movie. Really good one. Loved the simplicity of the movie.

I think girls like Zeenat are rear specially with the background she was coming from. Girls like Meera and people around her are still seen in today's world. I loved the when Meera's grand MIL tells her MIL that she was having the pride ONLY becuase her husband was still around and that she should not forget that she could be in their side too. I think if one women decides to help and motivate other women (be it friend like Zeenat or Grand MIL law like meera's dadi) women can really get courage to fight the evil of this society that is not always male dominating, but also female supressing and blaming other females like Meera's MIL.

Edited by sowmyaa - 27 November 2006 at 11:20am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Big smile

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Minnie very nice topic Big smile .

Dor was excellent movie and Ayesha did a wonderful job playing that character. There was no mention of this movie on either FF or Z cine awards Confused   

Excellent points have been made by many Shikara, Minnie, Pradarshak, Abhi and others so far. Mostly the women who have suffered as DILs end up doing same to their DILs as soon as they beocme MILs Confused . But not all are like that.

There are some MILs who remembers how it was when they were DILs and they will make sure it does not happen to another woman in the family. Education sometimes is not enough to broaden one's views. SOme times being learned about different worldly and relationship issues and simple common sense can help these situations.

In our society these type of legacies gets carried on from generation to generations. Ofcourse men should support women in these issues but If women does not stand up for themselves or other women why should men do it for them? We each have responsibility as human beings and the sex god has given us to make the best of it. As long as things are done in respectful ways and in moderation.

Great one by Abhi SShukla : A favorite Gandhi Quote: rivaaj na kuvaa maaN tarvu saaruN chhe pan DuubavuN khotooN chhe. (It is good to swim in the well of customs but wrong to drown in it.)

When we drown in social customs than we are encouraging bad behavior and pacifiying the culprits. 

My POV only.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 26 April 2007 at 12:22pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top