Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 17 October 2006 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Great examples Minnie. Totally agree.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'Dor' - widow emancipation (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

NKSUDHIR

IF-Dazzler

NKSUDHIR

Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Nice discussion, Minnie. Yes, woman is being picked on little things where men or boys are totally being ignored. There is still a GAP but it can never be ended but it can be narrowed with good sanskaars from parents and grand parents. I do stop my biys to go out late night but it so natural that I am more protective for my daughter because somewhere down the road if anything goes wrong in BoyFriend/Girlfriend relationship, its a woman who suffers more than a man. At young age, if kids make any innocent mistake and later on it cannot be corrected, its girl who suffers more than a guy because its girl who gets pragnant and suffer physical and emotional torture.
I strongly recommend that we should eliminate the gap between boy/girl or son/daughter and try to make them good citizens.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 November 2006 at 11:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 10:08am | IP Logged

Hi all!!!

I saw DOR movie today.Still I'm in that movie hangover.Really a wonderful movie.

Whether its man or women one should really have the desire to LIVE the life facing all the difficulties.We cannot avoid the difficulties or problems in life but definitely we can change our way we react to the problems.In this film in MEERA's life ZEENAT brought back BEAUTY of LIFE  but in real life its hard to get friends like ZEENAT,we ourselves should try to bring back our lost happiness.Some years back I really thought of ending my life for not being successful in academics inspite of having sufficient subject but ME MYSELF helped myselves and now I'm leading a new life in which I spend each moment happily with a hope that I will implement my ideals one fine day.

Cheers,

Mythili

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Have not watched "Dor" yet. With such recommendation seems like I will have to watch it. Thanks.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Have not watched "Dor" yet. With such recommendation seems like I will have to watch it. Thanks.

TO me both girls ans Shreyas are candidates for acting awards. Ayesha really was the surprize package.

LOLLOLLOL

So this proves that in this film Ayesha is watachable even for elders!!!

Yeah!!! I don't watch Ayesha movies thinking them to be cheap but in this film her performance was really nice,her innocence really gets an award!!!

NKSUDHIR

IF-Dazzler

NKSUDHIR

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by sowmyaa

TO me both girls ans Shreyas are candidates for acting awards. Ayesha really was the surprize package.

LOLLOLLOL

So this proves that in this film Ayesha is watachable even for elders!!!

I am 41. Not dead!

LOL, Dr. Sahib, 41 is young for a man. I think DOR can be watched by anyone. Its just that kids and teenagers don't pay attention to movies like DOR.

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 06 November 2006 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Very true. But it's not only the widowhood that I was talking about.

It's all pervasive in many aspects of a close knit society. Let me give you some examples:

a) The daughter coming home late from something as innocent as a tution class or a dance class. It's the neighbourly Mrs Sharma who is forever standing at the window clocking the time of departure and the arrival of the poor girl who is unknown to herself is going to be the fodder for gossip and speculation in the neighbourhood.

b) The daughter in law trying to settle down in her new home and the resident female of the house commenting ' tumhare maa baap ne tumhe kya yahi siksha di hai' because she got up a little late for making the morning tea courtesy her new husband.

c) At a function the women commenting on a young bride of the house how she lazes around whole day only because the poor girl has a habit of taking an afternoon nap....

d) The daughter can wear whatever she wishes, but the DIL will not wear salwar/sari/ghaghra depending upon which part of the country you are from.

e) The mother indulging her 16 year old and her friends commenting on how she is spoiling her life by not teaching her housework. (I don't have anything against kids learning housework btw, I am already training my kids to do chores and both are boys LOL).

f) The son of the house gets petted and forgiven for the very things the girl child gets severely punished, and that too in homes where both parents might be highly educated ( I actually know a scientist and his CA wife do that.....Confused).

I can go on and on. And here we are not even talking about terrible customs which forces women to wear white or hide themselves behind layers of clothes or always be at the mercy of the male member of the house.......and I find it's women who are doing this more than the men themselves. In fact most of the men do it only when it's a public issue or some kind of political or religious gain is involved.

You know what's the biggest factor I feel behind all these in our society. Our females don't participate actively in the growth of our economy. They have ample time in their hand to do such things like pulling another one down, back-biting, finding faults with others. Had they used this time in something progressive and productive, things would have improved. That's the reason in the countries like USA, Japan with the largest economy- no one cares. Since a large no. of women spend their time in contributing in the country's economy.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top