The Vampire Diaries

My Theory on How Elena Exits

-Candz- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Being that she's always been central to everything in this series, if we take a step back and look, she hasn't been the central focus of this season.
It's been about the witch twins, about Bonnie stuck in limbo and about Caroline's struggle mostly.

After watching the last episode and the end scene specifically, I feel Elena will get the cure and become human again and leave Mystic Falls and everyone behind.

I feel she wouldn't take the cure on her own because she's refused it before. Damon will come in here. 

She might be hurt and angry that she was given the cure but being human now, Damon will make the ultimate sacrifice for his love. He'll compel her, just like when he first met her. But this time he'll be sending her away.

He'll compel her to forget him, to forget the past and all the bad memories, all the lost...everything and move on with her life. Fall in love again and get married and have that family she always wanted.

He'll hurt for a long time after this I'm sure. But ultimately, he'll realize, he did what was best for her. He'll let her be the Elena she would've been, have the life she would've had, if she had never met him or exposed to the supernatural.

I really think this is what might happen, I could be wrong, the writers tend to surprise once in a while. 

But I really doubt they'll kill her off. At least I hope they won't.

That being said, this season really hasn't been stellar. The show's been better. It just hasn't been gripping and as exciting as it's been before and with Elena's exit, I shudder to think of what next season will bring.

She is and always will be the epicenter of the vampire diaries, regardless of the many times, we hated her, found her irritating and annoying, she has been the center of this story and without her, I don't know where the show is headed and maybe season 7 should be where they end it.

But Nina Dobrev will be missed. She's made me laugh as Elena, made me angry, made me cry along with her and made me love this series so much. ❤️

Edited by -Candz- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrazyBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nice theory.It is possible that the storyline will go this way only.Frankly,I would not miss Elena.But I loved Dobrev for Katherine Pierce.And will always miss Katherine.💔
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
That's the most interesting and practical theory I've heard lately. It makes complete sense.. and it would also be somewhat of a perfect ending to Damon and Elena's relationship considering how that's how it even started.

At the same time, I agree with Lost_Somewhere, the loss of a main character is going to be difficult to overcome. I'm sure TVD can do it and they will, and I honestly don't even care.. I stopped watching the show about 5 episodes into Season 6. =/ The show itself has lost its charm and no character interested me enough to start watching again.

I had hope that one day, Katherine would make a reappearance and that's when I'd start watching again.. but since that's no longer possible, it's safe to say I'm officially done with the show.

I will be watching the last few episodes remaining till the season finale just to see how they end off Elena Gilbert's character. As much as I hated that character, I can't seem to visualize The Vampire Diaries without the central protagonist.. especially since I read the books before I began the show.

TVD has pretty much lost half of its cast since it started. 😆 Downfall, thy name is TVD. Good luck to the show for season 7. I might be watching episodes here and there featuring pivotal Defan scenes but that's it.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 9 years ago
AnVishtian thumbnail
Hmmm... interesting theory.

From HEAVY and OBVIOUS hints, Elena will surely become a human, but I doubt she will be compelled to forget. Compelling het will require compelling Jeremy too and compelling a lot of people so I have a feeling she might just make the decision herself to leave MF and start a new life.

Anyway, no matter how her ending may be, I'm actually happy that Nina decided it was time to leave because frankly, Elena's storyline should have ended LONG back. There is nothing left for her when you compare it to the rest.
And frankly I feel many of the cast left MAINLY because they really weren't given anything to do due to 3/4th of the show's spotlight being on Elena or Salvatores.

I had left watching TVD long back when it became so Shipper-centric and everything was either about the triangle or Elena. That's a HUGE flaw in shows when they totally and completely forget the other characters and only center the entire focus of the whole show on the leading lady. Because MANY don't just watch it for Elena or the love triangle, they watch it because its a supernatural show, they watch it for the other characters too.
You'll notice how MANY popular shows give a lot of detail and attention to the storyline and all the characters, every character will have a plot that isn't connected to the main lead which is what makes the show interesting.

Nina is a good actress but the rest of the cast are great too. If the storyline is good then the remaining cast can definitely carry the show on for many seasons without the main lead.
The writing is the key to everything.

I am excited to see how they will develop the show post Elena exit, there is a lot of potential in the future stories of DeFan, Caroline, Bonnie and Matt 's.
They need to get back the old charm of Tvd. If they can create such gripping plots for the Originals then they can surely put some effort into TVD too.
_OrChiD_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Elena exiting? Am i the only one who thinks Elena not exiting? show gonna end with flash forward so there is huge chance that Elena won't wake up and salvathor brotherS will spend whole season 7 to figure out and Elena will wake up in season finale since Nina willing to appear in finale.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I fell she will be back in the season final. Another theory someone had on twitter was the whole Elena journey could be just a dream? Since there was a picture of Bonnie, Caroline and Elena in a room.  
skinnypal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow..really like your theory.. and it looks plausible too with the current storyline.. 
DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
CAUTION- SPOILER AHEAD
DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

The show would have been so much better if it had allowed itself to shift focus from Elena and make it a more ensemble show... make it more of a group of misfits/lost children who had all suffered and all had losses, and not tried to make Elena's happiness and life so much more worthwhile than everyone else's.

Why is there a quest for the Cure of Vampirism when Elena turns and not Caroline or Tyler? Am I really supposed to believe in the last episode that if Damon offered the cure to Caroline she would have turned it down? How can anyone justify flipping a coin to turn Bonnie or her mother for the singular sake of Elena's life? What the hell makes her life more important than any one else's? 

Unfortunately, the show never answered this question - can't answer this question because the truth is that Elena's life is not more important than anyone else. She's just a vessel that everyone pours their affection and loyalty to. All the show needs now is to replace that vessel and practically nothing needs to change.

They act like Elena's life is more important because she is the female "lead" so they write her that way. But really don't give good reasons for why it is worth everyone dropping everything and bending over backwards to save Elena when she is in trouble.

Other then her being the female "lead" the writers give no good explanation for the Elena character other then trying to tell rather then SHOW all of the stuff that they claim about Elena on screen.  Just like how they will claim that she is a good friend to Bonnie but don't actually show it.

The writers have made Elena's two main points of being on the show to be the Salvatore brother's love interest or to be the damsel in distress and all of the other things that they want viewers to believe about her is told rather then shown on screen.

I mean even her exit story is being made all about Damon and her life all about Damon even when she wiped away her memories of him.

jhanvi.55 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well, Elena is human now... The creatives of tvd always come up with something unexpected, I'm wondering how they'll make elena's exit plausible after showing so much of true love and co-dependence between damon and elena! I just hope they don't kill elena off coz that would make damon go off the rails, and I've gotten so used to the Defan moments and bromance that I don't want it to be ruined for anything! 
I'll miss Nina Dobrev on the show, she has been amazing playing all the dopplegangers in such a marvellous way! I enjoyed watching her as Katherine the most! It's hard to imagine the show without her...
But if they do it right, season seven may turn out to be refreshing and engaging, the whole elena-centric line and love triangle was getting stale...
I'm also curious to see what's in store for the characters (Damon, Stefan, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, Enzo, Kai and the soon to be wed couple Alaric & Jo) and how Stefan and Caroline's relation develops... 
Lily is depressing, it's difficult to digest a mother not giving a damn about her children, she even tried to stab stefan & ruin Damon's relation with elena! 
Eagerly waiting to watch the last two episodes. It's going to be a hell of a cliffhanger before season 7!