Posted: 9 years ago

TV actors Rafi, Anjum explore city's khao galis

Neha Mishra,TNN | Apr 18, 2015, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
TV actors Rafi, Anjum explore city's khao galis
Model-television actors Rafi Malik and Anjum Fakih were in Indore to promote their show

The two youngsters admit they were overwhelmed by the love and response they received from the city. Between exploring the khao galis and satiating their tastebuds, they get chatting with Indore Times: Not much scope for Modelling in India Both Anjum and Rafi were ramp models before entering television. And after walking for numerous designers and brands, the duo feels that there is very little scope of models in India in the long run. "We have walked for some of the most established designers, but at the end, it's only the Bollywood actors who steal the show. The irony of Indian modelling industry is that it doesn't want to cherish its own models," they say in unison.

Television is an extremely giving industry The TV industry is now the hot new target of models, as they are getting ample work opportunity, along with fame and money. "Television is a really popular medium. We are glad that we have bagged one of the prime spots on TV and are earning fame, money and also getting to learn the art of acting, which is like a cherry on the cake for us," says the duo.

Anjum idolises Tulsi Anjum, who proclaims she is a pucca Mumbaikar with an Arabic attitude, says, "I was born and brought up in Gulf, so I didn't have the liberty to move out and explore. So, my childhood was spent watching Indian and Pakistani TV dramas, idolising Komolika and Tulsi. I am so grateful to almighty that he has given me an opportunity to be a part of something that I always wanted to do."

Bhopal guy Rafi misses home Rafi, who is from Bhopal, is one of the many actors from the state who has made it in the entertainment industry. "I was into sports initially, but due to an injury, I couldn't pursue it as a career. I'm lucky that one of my friends helped me get a foothold in the modelling world," he says, adding, "It's better to be a somebody than a nobody. Walking the ramp for some of the biggest designers helped me find a path, something that is still a distant dream for so many young guys." So, does he miss Bhopal? "Yes, my family, and especially the food. It's a big deal, living away from home."

Edited by b2011 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

frenz4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for sharing...
I m loving these duo...more day by day...reel and real both...😳
All the best Rafi and Anjum...Love you both as Ramashrey-Rachita...👍🏼
rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing BB

Agree with you frenz... Love the couple .their offscreen chemistry is great and it is reflecting in the show.. Way to go RaRa.
Mahek_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing.

Love these 2, mere RaRa 😳
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am also waiting to see more of RaRa on-screen.  Hope the show picks up pace.
ItsAlia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
tsf... excited to watch #RaRa...😳😳😳 they look so hot together 
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

TFS this is damn cute 😛
Niharika17 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Just luv them...