Is this a new trend in Pakistan nowadays? - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago

OMG I was thinking the same thing.in party wear it looks to Indian like like the outfit is missing the dupatta.
In a more casual look it looks western wannabe. last years crop top midi skirt aka Kim kardashian inspired. 
Ugh 

this look is becoming popular in weddings. check this article out 

http://sunday.com.pk/trends/13-Feb-2015/trend-alert-choli-keh-peechay#.VSsJfnCkqrV
Edited by cutestar - 8 years ago
Originally posted by cutestar

OMG I was thinking the same thing.in party wear it looks to Indian like like the outfit is missing the dupatta.
In a more casual look it looks western wannabe. last years crop top midi skirt aka Kim kardashian inspired. 
Ugh 

this look is becoming popular in weddings. check this article out 

http://sunday.com.pk/trends/13-Feb-2015/trend-alert-choli-keh-peechay#.VSsJfnCkqrV

thanks for the article. I find the look a little wannabe. This wasn't ever Pakistan's traditional wear during any occasion..not too sure how it is becoming a trend now.
Yup.. it's in.. You'd see this in Upper class normal people weddings too.. pretty common now..
Lehnga choli is all the rage right now (Ram Leela effect) but the bare midriff part is only present at the super rich /elite level.. I haven't seen it at the upper class/rich Karachi weddings i have attended
mostly people wear it the way it used to be worn 10 yrs ago... Hip length blouse and so on...i like it... Was getting tired of long shirts with lehnga/gharara style
Originally posted by Arwen.

Lehnga choli is all the rage right now (Ram Leela effect) but the bare midriff part is only present at the super rich /elite level.. I haven't seen it at the upper class/rich Karachi weddings i have attended
mostly people wear it the way it used to be worn 10 yrs ago... Hip length blouse and so on...i like it... Was getting tired of long shirts with lehnga/gharara style

The lehnga choli's have definitely become a rage now post RL but even before that ive seen people who attended elite class weddings around 2012-2013 wear lehnga cholis and tops with the midriff being visible. In-fact in many elite class functions my friends from Pak tell me wearing this sort of stuff is common. Basically the crop top is very in in Pakistan right now. 
Edited by BlackStar. - 8 years ago
these kinda dresses r very uncommon in pakistan...actually the extreme u would see will besomeone wearingjeans and short shirt and also that ppl dont find it good!!!! but these dresses ... i have seen only celebs in them...                                                                                                    i have been to many cities of pak and except islamabad these dresses r very uncommon...even in isb only foreigners or upper class (i mean very rich ppl ) wear suvh clothes and i dont think common ppl like such... sad to see celebs wearing such western clothes...how come they leave their traditions... did u see urwa in tonight with HSY?? i didnt like her dress at all🥱
very common if you attend elite weddings!
Fact is only the elite ones can carry the cholis ðŸ˜›
...the rest don't have the time to get those flat tummies😆
I barely get the time to maintain my weight.. Toning up is wayy beyond me 
Originally posted by Meeph

The only women who i thought was proper= Maya Ali
The rest looked like chotti behen ke blouse mein fit honey ki koshish ke hai.

Lol even Sanam Jung looked nice meeph!
Yes I have seen this trend going on for a while. Common in elite functions and celebrity weddings.
Normal people do not wear such stuff