Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: KhatamKahani

If Sanam had a choice between two strangers, knowing one saved her and the other is her husband...who'd she choose? 

When all her feelings for that one man who saved her are based on the belief that he is her husband...
She'd choose only HER HUSBAND..whatever form and colour and size he comes in...as simple as that.

So if Shaad told her that he is not her husband, she'd ask him to go find him.πŸ˜†

It is not about keeping a woman on a pedestal...or giving or taking away her choice...It is just to show that nothing can come between Junoon.

It is not about Woman Empowerment or choices or anything else...It is only a love story...always was, will be.

Personally, If Jannat chose the pretty face over the feelings engraved in her, I'd be disappointed...😳

Because face it...What does Shaad have other than his good looks and the fact that he saved her... What about him should attract Jannat to him?- Nothing.😳

chicksoup thumbnail
Originally posted by: micshy

Very nice post although i do not agree completely ...

I envy you. That u have been able to understand Shaad. .. N his reasons ... N u were able to enjoy it too.. 
Honestly i so wanted to enjoy Shaad's falling in love with Sanam, i somehow has a thing fr one sided burning silent love..  N. I was so looking forward to it ... BUT ... As u n sage have wonderfully described it started out well... But it could not keep up with that pace... Very soon it fizzled out. .. 

Ok he was always meant to lie tp her to keep her with her, but the execution have been pretty bad...i cannot relate to him neither can i feel him... 

Seriously his dialogue in the precap made me laugh hard... Sachi muhabbat n itni jaldi?? Abi tk 2 dafa hi shaid usey thora ghaur se dekha ho,,,,,, jese mesmerzing way mein... Without any proper interaction he is deep in love,,, how m i able to even beleive it???

Instead of cheap dori tying n blouse hooking scenez, if they had come up with some good emotional heart to heart talk scenes , i might have found a connect... 
(It is coming after i hv stopped judhing him on the morality radar , he doesnot interest me anymore, neither like nor dislike, its just plain indifference) 

Byt tge secind part of ur post i agree,  this would be some interesting watch... Although. I dont know how come the third angle interest me, i wanted to feel the plight of third angle too... But here i totally dont relate that hes even in love .. Why makers want to rush things n ruin it ... πŸ˜•

Mic,

They are not capable of writing a third angle. I doubt they can think beyond a love story and some B grade version of crime thrillersπŸ₯±πŸ˜†

Seriously- If Shaad made sense, Sanam'd feel bad about hurting him and moving on...who wants to leave a mourning lover behind...it is ugly.πŸ€’πŸ˜†

So if she is leaving behind a lover who deserved what he got, I am all the more happy. Twisted logic?πŸ˜‰

Sachi muhabbat- why not?

Faiz swore on his sachi mohabbat too...πŸ˜‰...and that was Instant Noodle too! πŸ˜†
Hi chicksoup,
Nice dissection of characters and storyline. It's been a pleasure reading through all the responses and your individual replies.

Thanks for sharing your unbiased and objective view of the storyline. Keep it up, cause not every one is capable of seeing the storyline, show and characters with an equitable point of view. πŸ˜‰ 

I'm sorry, I have nothing to contribute because my sentiments and feelings have already been said, so I don't want to repeat. For me Shaad is an insignificant character, who's only purpose in the storyline is to act as a catalyst in SaHil's reunion, and nothing more. So I don't want to write anything about him.

And you are right, SaHil were USP of last season and will be USP of this season too. Pity for those who don't connect to them, cause they'll be missing out on the real love story. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by KaanKeNiche - 9 years ago
chicksoup thumbnail
Originally posted by: KaanKeNiche

Hi chicksoup,

Nice dissection of characters and storyline. It's been a pleasure reading through all the responses and your individual replies.

Thanks for sharing your unbiased and objective view of the storyline. Keep it up, cause not every one is capable of seeing the storyline, show and characters with an equitable point of view. πŸ˜‰ 

I'm sorry, I have nothing to contribute because my sentiments and feelings have already been said, so I don't want to repeat. For me Shaad is an insignificant character, who's only purpose in the storyline is to act as a catalyst in SaHil's reunion, and nothing more. So I don't want to write anything about him.

And you are right, SaHil were USP of last season and will be USP of this season too. Pity for those who don't connect to them, cause they'll be missing out on the real love story. πŸ˜ƒ

Thank You...

Exactly.πŸ‘ The real love story is waiting...😳

micshy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Soup and KKN thats what i hv learnt in this last 1 month, Shaad as a character could hv been something else which i would hv not minded, but he dint, so fr now he is not important fr me so that i will waste my time n energies on him , why to get frustrated over a character whom im unable to connect... So frm now on wont be caring about him just like i royally ignored RaHaFa triangle... I used to fwd them n i hv been doing the same with Pak track .. 
Gimme Aahil in this mode n i will be a happy person... 

But i want SaHil to meet none the less... N that too pretty soon.. Want to see "junoon reloaded" 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Soup and KKN thats what i hv learnt in this last 1 month, Shaad as a character could hv been something else which i would hv not minded, but he dint, so fr now he is not important fr me so that i will waste my time n energies on him , why to get frustrated over a character whom im unable to connect... So frm now on wont be caring about him just like i royally ignored RaHaFa triangle... I used to fwd them n i hv been doing the same with Pak track .. 

But i want SaHil to meet none the less... N that too pretty soon.. Want to see "junoon reloaded" 

Hey Mischy,

Even I am going to try from now on NOT to care about how this Shaad acts. Coz it is clear he is going to do whatever he wants, like he did from day 1. This was always about him. Even down to the way he lectures his Father on the duties of a good husband. The hypocrisy is unbearable. Like what about the duties of a good "human being"? Not keeping a women without choice trapped in your house? How about you correct THAT error, before you preach to your Dad about what a lousy husband he was?

Thankfully for Sanam, she DOES have a husband who wants her more than anything else and willing to do anything to get her back. So I will concentrate on that, and not on this selfish lying individual with a "cute" face, who gets away with everything he does, using the symmetry of his features! LOL. This story was NEVER about him, it was always about SAHIL. But they have put in enough of him and his background to try and justify or explain his character. But even STILL they have not succeeded in winning full audience support for him. That is because at least 50% of the audience can see through his looks to his actions! Which are 100% IN-CORRECT! There is no room for argument there!

I also want SAHIL to meet so I know the exact "dynamics" of their relationship going forward and how much of a problem this Shaad is going to become for them! Because like Sanam2 in India was trying to prevent SAHIL from meeting, I think in Pakistan, Shaad will try to stop anyone connected to Sanam from meeting HER. I think this so called "love confession" was so that he will now start being even more selfish than he was before, and not try to find her family, and even go as far as "Blocking" her family from meeting her. I think THAT is what will happen now. Because he knows she has a "Man". So he will be very keen to keep him away and even any family member that can enlighten her to the fact that she is not Jannat, and not married to Shaad! I am waiting to see how people will justify him when he starts to act in this way? I am sure then his "2 week Beinteha Mohobaat" will be his justification for all the crimes he is going to commit from now on! 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Just adding to my above comment, do you know why I liked and even sometimes defended con girl Seher? The reason was that she was a CON women! I never expected the same morality from her that we expect from people who have been brought up within those bounds of morality. She was brought up by criminals and lived on her wits. Even so, she was not totally negative. She was just who she was, and money was her driving force. So she took the place of a women in order to get the money she thought she "deserved" in life. I didn't like it. But at least there was something direct and honest about her "intention", which was to secure a future for herself. Her intent was selfish. But it was clear. I actually felt sorry for her, coz I knew had she been brought up with her family, she would NEVER have been this way!

But Shaad was introduced as a Army officer. Someone we will hold to much HIGHER esteem than a common criminal like Seher was shown to be! So to see HIM in essence conning someone for his own benefit. (whatever the intent behind it), I just could not connect to it or to him, after the initial scenes where I liked him. From this point on, if he continues to lie to her, we all know it is only for personal gain and nothing to do with his altruistic intentions at the start! So in my eyes he becomes a LOT worse than Seher ever was. At least she always knew this was a job and maintained her distance from her target. Something this much more morally "elevated" gentlemen has failed in totally.

So that is why, even though I could feel some empathy for Seher, I feel non for him!
chicksoup thumbnail

Mic,

RaHaFa- was the worst thing EVER in QH.πŸ˜† It is the only time I Ffwded the show. So if U treat Shaad the same way, U R not missing out on anything...Just make sure you don't end up hating Jannat because of her responses to his actions..πŸ˜‰

Mandy,

I missed out on that husband dialogue to his dad.πŸ˜†

If his dad didn't understand his mom...I can hardly blame the guy, seeing how twisted her son has grown up to be.πŸ˜† 

I mean- No offense to the characters...I am really enjoying VT now...but I will hate the cringeworthy twists...

And the fact is, normal people will not get these poets and writers...πŸ₯±

See, even we don't get the writers of the show and their twisted logic!πŸ˜†

Shad's dad responded to his mom, the way we are responding to the 'Creatives' now.πŸ˜‰ All my sympathies with the poor dad- who is incidentally my FAVOURITE CHARACTER in that family.😳 
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
KM stands for KASHAF MURTAZA mommy. πŸ€”

Need to talk to phophaa ji now. Pani sar ke Upar jaa chuka hai πŸ˜²
Edited by MisHumptyDumpty - 9 years ago
chicksoup thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Just adding to my above comment, do you know why I liked and even sometimes defended con girl Seher? The reason was that she was a CON women! I never expected the same morality from her that we expect from people who have been brought up within those bounds of morality. She was brought up by criminals and lived on her wits. Even so, she was not totally negative. She was just who she was, and money was her driving force. So she took the place of a women in order to get the money she thought she "deserved" in life. I didn't like it. But at least there was something direct and honest about her "intention", which was to secure a future for herself. Her intent was selfish. But it was clear. I actually felt sorry for her, coz I knew had she been brought up with her family, she would NEVER have been this way!

But Shaad was introduced as a Army officer. Someone we will hold to much HIGHER esteem than a common criminal like Seher was shown to be! So to see HIM in essence conning someone for his own benefit. (whatever the intent behind it), I just could not connect to it or to him, after the initial scenes where I liked him. From this point on, if he continues to lie to her, we all know it is only for personal gain and nothing to do with his altruistic intentions at the start! So in my eyes he becomes a LOT worse than Seher ever was. At least she always knew this was a job and maintained her distance from her target. Something this much more morally "elevated" gentlemen has failed in totally.

So that is why, even though I could feel some empathy for Seher, I feel non for him!

Mandy,

I get U so well.

And this is the reason why I didn't mind Seher not confessing to Ahil...or not  apologising to her sister...She simply did not know these dynamics...she did not know HOW TO FUNCTION in a family...such a darling...Would have loved jeeju- saali so much...They could have connected so well...

She cringed in that graveyard scene with Badi Ammi and Sanam...and felt horrible for who she was...it was only a moment...but she was redeemed there for me...😳

As for Shaad and Ahil dynamics...let us see...I am hoping Shaad will continue to have only a PASSIVE role...like Ayaan in Zoyaan.πŸ˜‰
Edited by chicksoup - 9 years ago