Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Purab Has Quit The Show ????? (Page 6)

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by surnita

There are many excellent child actors and twenty something actors.  Experience has little to do with it.  A gifted actor is born with the talent.  A poor actor can improve over the years.

I tend to disagree with you on this. 

IMHO born actors have raw talent but experience sharpens it. But yes it depends on an actors recepting power on how fast he learns.

If you talk about child actors you would remember "Junior Mehmood" and many other child artists who were good child artists but they got lost in the crowd what would you say to this. Whereas if you see Urmila Matondkar was also a child artist who was not much noticed when she was  a child but she adapted herself to the changing world and improved her acting skill and with every new film her acting is getting better then her earlier performance. So this can only come with Experience and one's dedication towards their profession.

I would also like to add that the day someone thinks he knows it all and theres nothing to left to learn the same day his downfall starts.

Cheers,
Vijay

- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle

Edited by vijay - 20 November 2004 at 1:36pm

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
That wasnt my point - my point was SS is 30 something and he cant act well - Nishi argued good acting comes with experience.  I replied that it is not necessarily the case as some child actors are talented - that didnt come with experience.  Some just have the talent naturally.  If you cant act you shouldnt be acting - if acting improves with experience go away. practice and then inflict us with your acting.

Edited by surnita - 20 November 2004 at 1:40pm
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Also Vijay I remember you once posted that you dont think Samir Soni can act.
anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by surnita

Also Vijay I remember you once posted that you dont think Samir Soni can act.

everybody is entitled to thier own opinions.
I mean I think SS is a really good actor, and AA is a really good actor too... just don't like the character he portrays.
alliha Senior Member
alliha
alliha

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
i agree with u annie.......i think both armaan and purab are acting really well!! i hope purab doesnt quit cause then hell be replaced by some other person and that wont be the same
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 7:04pm | IP Logged

I would say

1- some are born natural actors who are so brilliant that their talent leaves you in awe.Om Puri,Nasser-ud-din,Shabana Azmi ,Sanjeev Kumar or Nandita Das are some examples as are Robin Williams or Jhonny depp in Hollywood.

2 - Some are not natural actors but are superbly apt in performing & entertaining.SRK or Shammi Kapoor come to mind immediately.

3 - There are likes of Amitabh Bachchan,a curious mixture of a natural actor with a monumental performer who just take over any character they choose to depict.

4 - Some are gifted actors but lack in the persona required to make it really big.Rajesh Roshan, Kanwaljeet Singh,Vinod Mehra,Farida Jalal .... there are so many of them that you can't even begin to name them.

5 - Similarly some can't act but have a very strong screen persona and they work hard on whatever assets they do have & manage to impress inspite of their limited acting capabilities.Rajesh Khanna ,Hema Malini , Jeetendra or Urmilla Matondkar are prime examples.

6 - Yet some actors have a medium mixture of talent as well as screen persona as well as the luck required to become big like Madhubala,rani Mukherji,kajol,Preity Zinta.

7 - Some with similar assets are pure unlucky.Kumar Gaurav is a sad example.

8 - Some don't have either the persona or the talent yet they are almost Maidas like in their luck.Remember Rajendra Kumar?? & I would put most of the wooden faced models in that category like Arjun Rampal.Here i should add that screen persona has little to do with looks.

I would put  SS in the lastWink. LOL No,seriously I think he fits the slot 5.Whether he has the luck to take him still further has to be seen.

AA seems to fit the 7th slot right now and whether he ever makes it to slot 6 will have to be seen.Where they both eventually fit is depended entirely on individual perspective because both still have a long way to go to prove their mettle in the long run.

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
very very good analysis Minnie Clap
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
excellent analysis Minnie......ClapClapClap

Go to top