History of JaiMal and Patta : HEROes of the 3rd Siege of Chittor - Page 13

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Kaana

Abhay, the resources I understand. But the strategy - like Akbar built Sankara? What did they do similar? I understand they were stuck inside but I am sure given Maharana's brains they would have designed things to thwart Akbar's progress. And you had mentioned about them bringing down the sabats - how did they achieve it? canons? if so why the enemy camp was not destroyed - they were at an afvantageous position - so is it something else they did then? definitely they defended fiercely - That is why the so long war I suppose. So am curious to know what all, how all they defended and blocked Akbar's progress. Anything described from the Chittor end anywhere? Or is it like they all have perished anyway- nobbe left to capture the events :-(( Sorry to trouble with loads of questions. But I can never be content knowing about Maharana:-)

Chittor's strategy was to hamper the work of Akbar who was building tunnels and sabats. Initially Akbar decided to take the fort by storm, by direct assault, but could not succeed. And lost hundreds of men. The problem is - the Fort was so big that it was tough to defend it by few 1000 Rajputs, especially when the enemy was numerically superior and working day and night. Though, still they did a fantastic job.

Yes Akbar was at advantageous position and his troops were safe. His camp was surrounded by thick forests on 3 sides, and a river on the 4th. He had camped at North-East of the fort of Chittor. The place where he camped is still marked and can be seen, it was spread over several miles spanning many villages of Mewar.

Originally posted by Jaz_

Abhay⭐️ - Thank you so much for sharing all the knowledge you possess about all things History!  Truly a treat for us forum members to have you share your views, answer our pondering questions and set the record straight on the events that occured in time. For a history buff like yourself and for all the others in the forum, it must be heartbreaking to see history being crucified brutally to the point of no salvation.  I applaud you for your efforts to still come and interact with us and spread your wealth of knowledge on the great Maharana Pratap and his conquests.  For a non-historian like me, reading such posts are a joy.  Just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you!  It's always appreciated 👍🏼

Hey Jaz,
Don't know what to reply. I can only thank you for these kind words.!
Thanks a lot buddy. 😊

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago

Abhay, this is what beats me - no unity. Agreed there was no united India as such - for that matter the Bharat that was there as a single entity during the days of Bharat, then during the Maurya age etc got fragmented. It is all selfishness to own a piece of land and have a crown on head finally. Remember the DD show of Chanakya - the fight he had to put up and the extent of trouble he underwent to unite the kingdoms under one umbrella. The sanskriti is same - people forget that. Remember Chanakya was insisting in the commonality of this culture - one reason good enough to stand united. I understand the situation then and that my desire could not have seen light then. But that is the weakness of India- rather the curse of Hindus as people that they cannot stand united. Even the commonality in their roots could not bring them together against a foreign invasion which could result in them loosing their roots. Ambi of Taxila would be a bad example, but Rajputs kinda surprise me here.

Kaana,
I remember the case of Chanakya.
Though, his times and his case was different.
Leaving this point for a later time.

BTW,
Now India is united, but do you find the unity is really there ? After every 30-40 kms, the way of speaking changes. People still are divided on basis of caste, religion, language, etc.. despite so much "modernity" being introduced in our lives...What is your opinion on this ?

BTW, Did not get the comparison of Rajputs with Ambi of Taxila.
Could you explain ?

Originally posted by history_geek

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Kaana,
I remember the case of Chanakya.
Though, his times and his case was different.
Leaving this point for a later time.

BTW,
Now India is united, but do you find the unity is really there ? After every 30-40 kms, the way of speaking changes. People still are divided on basis of caste, religion, language, etc.. despite so much "modernity" being introduced in our lives...What is your opinion on this ?

BTW, Did not get the comparison of Rajputs with Ambi of Taxila.
Could you explain ?
</font>

Abhay
India is all about unity in diversity. Yes there maybe disputes even over sharing water between states. Or disputes based in caste etc. But if a neighbour attacks, the whole country would stand together in unison.
Why attack even if someone comments on us, east west north south will give back in a single voice. Indianess tubs in our blood very much.

Ambi is not known to be a desh bhakt, even for his own piece of land. His desire for lady love and neighbouring land was more these values. Rajputs in general ate known for their desh prem, values. That was what I was trying to point out.

Abhay
India is all about unity in diversity. Yes there maybe disputes even over sharing water between states. Or disputes based in caste etc. But if a neighbour attacks, the whole country would stand together in unison.
Why attack even if someone comments on us, east west north south will give back in a single voice. Indianess tubs in our blood very much.

Ambi is not known to be a desh bhakt, even for his own piece of land. His desire for lady love and neighbouring land was more these values. Rajputs in general ate known for their desh prem, values. That was what I was trying to point out.

Kaana,
Will take some time to respond to this.
I have some important points in my mind right now.
Will post as and when i re-collect them.