'I was Driving the Car,' Actor Salman Khan's Driver Says in Mumbai Cou

Javed__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

'I was Driving the Car,' Actor Salman Khan's Driver Says in Mumbai Court on 2002 Hit-and-Run Case

All India | NDTV.com | Updated: March 30, 2015 14:22 IST
'I was Driving the Car,' Actor Salman Khan's Driver Says in Mumbai Court on 2002 Hit-and-Run Case
Mumbai:  Salman Khan's driver today told a court in Mumbai that he was the one who was driving the SUV that ran over people sleeping on a pavement in 2002, not the actor.

One person was killed and four people were injured in the accident.

The driver, Ashok, told the court that the police did not listen to him when he narrated the incident.
His statement corroborates what the 49-year-old actor told the court on Friday, giving his version of the case for the first time in a court.

He denied his bodyguard Ravindra Patil's statement that despite warnings he drove his Toyota Land Cruiser at a high speed, in a drunk state, in the early hours of September 28, 2002, and lost control.

"My left door was jammed so I could not open it," Mr Khan said when the court asked him to respond to multiple witnesses saying he exited from the driver's side.

He admitted to sitting on the driver's seat only briefly when one driver got out and another, Ashok, took over.

Mr Khan did not deny that he was at a bar with brother Sohail before the accident but said he only drank water and never ordered any cocktails, as indicated by bills. The bills made out for drinks and food, he said, were not his.

The actor also disputed accounts that he ran away after the accident.

"I instructed the driver to inform the police. I remained at the spot for 15 minutes or more," he told the court.

One of the most bankable stars in the Hindi film industry, Mr Khan is being tried for culpable homicide not amounting to murder. If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in jail. He earlier faced a lesser charge of death by negligence, for which the punishment is a maximum of two years in jail.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This is becoming so stupid. Just admit your mistakes and stop lying. This is making me lose all respect for him. 
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Not sure there will be any end to this case !!!
.Saira. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Darling_

This is becoming so stupid. Just admit your mistakes and stop lying. This is making me lose all respect for him.

Seriously how do u know, he is lying?? 😕 tum udher the?
kumro-potash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why didn't he open his mouth before?? Kitni dino se drama chal raha hai yaar. 
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
How difficult it is for some one with underworld contacts to threaten some one and force him to say something in court
13 years to case and this is being leaked now? 

I don't buy it
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
He must have pressurised his driver 🤢
Soon Bhai would launch this driver's son in BW.
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: NailClipper

Soon Bhai would launch this driver's son in BW.

😆
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Pushpraj Zala @PushprajZala  

Salman : I am virgin

Katrina : To us rat ko kya hua tha ?

Salman : Wo to mera driver tha.

Edited by wAnNaBeReBel - 9 years ago