Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
For a change its a very nice post on Bolly forum 👍🏼
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Yuvika_15

people react differently... even at that low position, some deal with it completely differently...I know someone who is suffering from depression following his mother's death yet still doing his masters... he's not ready to give up... some people see work as a way to get through the day and a way to have their mind occupied elsewhere

This is so true. My masa is suffering a lot after Masi's death. I am not sure if he actually suffers from depression, but I do know he is on medication. He was totally dependent on Masi, which is why he is suffering now. Its been a struggle for him. Its been a little over a year now since the death. Everyone has been telling him to involve himself in activities to keep his mind occupied. Otherwise he's always constantly thinking which ruins his health. 

To the person you know - kudos to him for keeping himself busy with work. Its best to keep your mind occupied with work. Because when you don't, thoughts just come to haunt you.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Can someone post the full ndtv interview please?
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
never mind found it

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIOrxWT7Z8[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 9 years ago
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Finally saw it. I think it was commendable for her to talk about this, to bring attention to it, and to discuss the possible options to get better. Especially in Indian culture where depression is not really considered an ailment.

I also liked it when the host started talking about her experiences with anxiety and panic attacks. Kudos to Deepika for this!
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

This is so true. My masa is suffering a lot after Masi's death. I am not sure if he actually suffers from depression, but I do know he is on medication. He was totally dependent on Masi, which is why he is suffering now. Its been a struggle for him. Its been a little over a year now since the death. Everyone has been telling him to involve himself in activities to keep his mind occupied. Otherwise he's always constantly thinking which ruins his health. 

To the person you know - kudos to him for keeping himself busy with work. Its best to keep your mind occupied with work. Because when you don't, thoughts just come to haunt you.

yep... I mean I recall PC going back 2 work after her dad's death and in an interview she did say people were like how can u return 2 work so soon but she said she had 2 becos staying at home was just making it difficult for her... she needed to escape from it and work was her "escape" route. I know these situations are different from what deepika experienced...but the point im trying to make is that not everyone in their low phase decide to stay alone...some escape that low feeling by being among people while others prefer to be left alone... people deal with things differently... and just becos she's not shown it to the world doesn't mean she never felt it... look at what Princess Diana went through...could anyone ever have thought the woman that made everyone smile was actually tortured to the extent she was and was the most unhappiest person? so I don't agree with those that say its difficult to believe she was in a depression just becos she was out and about smiling in front of cameras...becos being who she is... a lot of the time u have to hide ur inner feelings and thoughts...
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Yuvika_15

yep... I mean I recall PC going back 2 work after her dad's death and in an interview she did say people were like how can u return 2 work so soon but she said she had 2 becos staying at home was just making it difficult for her... she needed to escape from it and work was her "escape" route. I know these situations are different from what deepika experienced...but the point im trying to make is that not everyone in their low phase decide to stay alone...some escape that low feeling by being among people while others prefer to be left alone... people deal with things differently... and just becos she's not shown it to the world doesn't mean she never felt it... look at what Princess Diana went through...could anyone ever have thought the woman that made everyone smile was actually tortured to the extent she was and was the most unhappiest person? so I don't agree with those that say its difficult to believe she was in a depression just becos she was out and about smiling in front of cameras...becos being who she is... a lot of the time u have to hide ur inner feelings and thoughts...

But that's the best way to move on. You have keep doing what you were doing. You have to continue with your life. If you sit at home and remain depressed, you'll just start thinking so much and it'll take a toll on you. You should never just sit at home. Be around people. Or just continue with your work. Daily routine. I agree with all your points.
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Nkapoor00

made these

There were days I didn't want to wake up'
My breath was shallow'
Medication and Counselling helped'
There was no particular reason, one doesn't need a reason to have an aliment'
Statistically speaking India has the highest percentage of reported cases of depression and suicide'
Like any other ailment it just needs treatment, however for some reason there is a stigma attached to it'

Lets talk depression with Deepika Padukone!

brings tears to my eyes because it's so true 👏 hats off to her to bring awareness to this situation..
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: cougarTown

Shockingg

some fans are ready to mock deepika for her depression but give sensitivity lectures when their idol gets bashed for her obvious bloated face

Practise what you preach, may be?

yeah, some idiot told me the same thing...I mean, clearly those who are saying Deepika and her PR just want to gain publicity don't know how sick of a disease Depression is and can be! Shame on them!
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Love everything this gal is going right now!