Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 December 2006 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Yes !! I agree with this idea but there is a lot of difference between a National level Party leader like Mrs Sonia Gandhi and and an ordinary citizen or person like us.Mrs Sonia Gandhi was projected as "Future Prime Minister of India",she needs to consider the feelings of people of India if she really wants to lead this country.Her religion permits her to sing the national song.So it means she does'nt "feel" for India.

Cheers,

Mythili

Understood.. what you are essentially saying that the responsibilities of a celebrity leader is more magnified than an ordinary citizen but let us face the fact. Vande Matram is not a universally accepted "anthem" in country. It is tagged (and I do not necessary agree with the tag) more as a Hindu fundamentalists' song and therefore all netas who masquerade themselves as secular like to stay away from it's association. Likelihood is Sonia is doing the same.

FYI: Laloo Yadav had prevented this song from being played in a rally in Patna vecause he wanted to woo voters of a particular section of the society (u know what I mean).....Wink

A person who wishes to lead a big country like India should have broad vision,feel for the nation.She is such a lady... she does'nt even know respecting the Leaders of the Nation.See the treatment she gave to a Scholar, Wonderful Ex Prime Minister of India Shri P.V.Narasimha Rao.Oh!! maa!! Once I saw the walk the talk program with Mrs Sonia in NDTV,She has no brains,she has no subject,all think She is Shy but She is forced to be shy because she knows nothing and she cannot speak anything.She learnt the concepts of external affairs from Natwar Singh and now she threw him out.Laloo is not a Prime Ministerial Candidate.He thinks he is so but he is not....Mrs Sonia Gandhi is just a hype.She cannot and will not lead a wonderful nation like India.Consider Mrs Annie Beasant she was a foriegner,She was the President of Congress Party ,She completely transformed herself into a complete Indian mentally,spiritually ,politically.

Foreigners are foreigners they need to know their limits and should'nt interfere in the internal administrative affairs of the country they come and live.If they don't understand this ,they will face severe consequences.Do you remember Mahendra of FIJI???

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 02 December 2006 at 11:36pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "People of Foreign Origin!!! (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 December 2006 at 11:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tasha_tasha

well..this is the first time i've been to DM n its my first ever comment here..(please dnt be harsh on me Embarrassed )..if the main question here is should people of Indian origin be allowed to contest for administrative positions of a foreign country then my answer is YES YES YES !
Those of indian ancestory but foreign nationality have the rights as those of the indegenous community (rather SHOULD have)..therefore they should be allowed to participate in the governance of that country...m originally from Fiji and my forefathers have put in their sweat and blood in building that economy and i can say proudly and without a doubt that whatever economical strength that country has is the result of my forefathers hardwork and labour...(the current postition is not taking into consideration the racially fuelled coups..which dragged the economy back 20 years !)..and if any Indian of Fijian nationality wants to run the Government then SO BE IT ....they have a constitutional right to !

Welcome Tasha Square ji!!

Enlighten us about FIJI politics

Cheers,

Mythili

tasha_tasha

Groupbie

tasha_tasha

Posted: 03 December 2006 at 3:57am | IP Logged
thnx for the welcome Mythili... Big smile ....hmm...enlighten u about Fijian politics? m not n ardent fan of politics of any nation,,,but if u want to understand about Fijian politics n where i m coming from as a Indo-Fijian...u;ll have to understand the history of the Indo-Fijian...Indians had migrated to Fiji over a 100 years ago...so u can see that there;s a long history of Indo Fijians...if u genuinely wanna learn about Indo-Fijian and their hhistory then here's a link which might help u

http://www.tearsinparadise.co.nz/

Its a book about Indo-Fijian history n if u have any questions u can PM me n i;ll help u out....the book basically tells of the hardship my forefathers endured ...and the good life that the people of Fiji are enjoying currently (and this includes ALL the races in Fiji- the natives, Indo-Fijians and Chinese n other minority communities)..is a DIRECT result of the HARD WORK of the first Indian settlers...that is why i so passionately believe that Indo-Fijian have a right to govern Fiji...not just a constitutional right but a moral and ethical right.

P.S. I read in one of ur other posts that u r just 14...well i think u r one smart cookie.. Wink ...keep it up Clap Clap

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 February 2007 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Tongue

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 23 February 2007 at 7:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 10:08am | IP Logged

Jindal Coasts to Louisiana Governor's Mansion

From today's Post: "Rep. Bobby Jindal (R) became the nation's first Indian American governor Saturday, outpolling 11 rivals in Louisiana and drawing enough votes to avoid a runoff election next month.

"With about 90 percent of the state's nearly 4,000 precincts reporting, Jindal had 53 percent of the vote. His nearest competitor, state Sen. Walter J. Boasso (D), had 18 percent." Full story.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2007/10/jindal_coasts_ to_louisiana_gov.html

Congrats and best wishes to Boby JindalSmile

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Hi Friends!!!

The term People of Foreign origin is directly proportinal to Mrs Sonia Gandhi.We got bored of this term during previous LokSabha elections.After the election results there was huge uproar in every nook and corner of India( rather World).I too got worried with the thought "What if Mrs Gandhi becomes Prime Minister of India?",infact at that time I prayed sincerely to God to do some miracle and God heard my prayers Mata Gandhi renounced the postClap.So everything is fine now.

I sincerely feel Sonia Gandhi would have done a superb job as PM.  However, she may not have been accepted by all.  She would not have stayedin India if she didnot feel every bit Indian after her husband was shot but we donot see that.  She did the right thing by not taking the post.  I have very high regard for herSmile

So many Indians are in every nook and corner of the World,from fiji to Chicago.They are going to those countries for some studies ,work and are getting settled there permanently.They are settling there soooo much that they are contesting and Winning in that countries elections.We in India support them very much and celebrate if they win.Is'nt a paradox.

We don't accept people of foriegn origin as our country heads but at the same time appreciate our fellow Indians if they win in another country.

My question is

"Should people of foriegn origin know their limits and just do their work without interferingin that countries administration?"

Thing is Myth..... Indians who have settled abroad, have to be citizens of that country before they can participate in elections or anything else.  Same perhaps should apply to foreigners settled in India.  If people stay for a long time in another country then I feel they consider it their home.  Here in Canada we have people from different countries and regions who have settled so Canada is their home.Smile

"Say that country accepts foriegn origin people as leaders,will they get the respect,affection from local people?"

Please feel free to express your views .

Cheers,

Mythili

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Tongue

Eh!!LOLLOL   Hug

Post Reply New Post

Go to top