Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
My belief is that the top post of a nation should go to a person who rules the heart and mind of masses, who understands the needs of cross section of the society in the land that s/he is going to lead. In last election, Congress Party clearly won majority in large part due to Sonia's campaign, which shows that she has the mass appeal. She has also shown, time and again, maturity in dealing with the masses. She has shown that she is not the one to rule from within safe confines of air conditioned bungalows. That she can co-mingle with the masses (like her late husband). She has been in India for more than 20 years and is an Indian citizen. She dresses like an Indian more than most of the modern Indian women do. What else are we looking for which disqualifies her from leadning the country.

I mean, let us face the fact, she is ruling the country by proxy anyways. One day she will fire from her son's shoulders. Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "People of Foreign Origin!!! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 November 2006 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

My belief is that the top post of a nation should go to a person who rules the heart and mind of masses, who understands the needs of cross section of the society in the land that s/he is going to lead. In last election, Congress Party clearly won majority in large part due to Sonia's campaign, which shows that she has the mass appeal. She has also shown, time and again, maturity in dealing with the masses. She has shown that she is not the one to rule from within safe confines of air conditioned bungalows. That she can co-mingle with the masses (like her late husband). She has been in India for more than 20 years and is an Indian citizen. She dresses like an Indian more than most of the modern Indian women do. What else are we looking for which disqualifies her from leadning the country.

I mean, let us face the fact, she is ruling the country by proxy anyways. One day she will fire from her son's shoulders. Wink

I like your post.  She is ruling even now and most certainly will in future.. as rahul's mom.  Moreover, she has been living in India for a long time and has actively participated in / showed / was forced to show / vested interest in Indian politics. 
I think people who oppose to foreign nationals becoming supreme figures also have a point.  What is the extent of affection one can feel for a country that is his/her  KARMABHOOMI rather than MATRUBHOOMI ?  ..
But again, how much of "love for the country - matrubhoomi" do these home-grown politicians have anyway?  Perhaps, leadership should be about being an able and judicial leader with high IQ & EQ..
I debate with myself over this issue and hence have nothing better to say but quote a good post and add 2 cents..

mQT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 23 November 2006 at 12:11am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 23 November 2006 at 7:44am | IP Logged

In last election, Congress Party clearly won majority in large part due to Sonia's campaign, which shows that she has the mass appeal. She has also shown, time and again, maturity in dealing with the masses. She has shown that she is not the one to rule from within safe confines of air conditioned bungalows. That she can co-mingle with the masses (like her late husband). She has been in India for more than 20 years and is an Indian citizen. She dresses like an Indian more than most of the modern Indian women do. What else are we looking for which disqualifies her from leadning the country.

Last elections UPA (not only congress party ) won the elections because of anti incumbancy factor in some places,in other places people simply wanted change.I wonder if Rajeev Gandhi  did anything to this country except for dreaming of Science and Technology.

Any woman with minimum amount of grey cells will not afford to loose the power,money ,fame that family has.But one thing interesting about Sonia Gandhi is she continued her family legacy,which is really a tough task.Whether I agree or not Sonia Gandhi is Un official Prime Minister of India.But I satisfied by the thought that She never hoisted the Flag near Red fort.

Cheers,

Mythili

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 23 November 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Indian origin woman for 'white man's seat' in UK
By H S Rao | Thursday, 23 November , 2006, 01:24
London: An Indian origin woman is expected to become Britain's first Asian woman MP after being selected to stand in a safe seat that leading Conservatives had said was interested only in white males. Priti Patel, 34, whose family moved to Britain from Uganda, was a spokeswoman to former Shadow Foreign Secretary William Hague. She has been selected to contest the safest seats for the Conservative Party. The new seat of Witham, in Essex, became the centre of a row two weeks ago after Ali Miraj, one of those attempting to get selected, complained that he was told by Bernard Jenkin, then the party's deputy chairman in charge of candidates, that the association wanted a "white middle-class male".
However, on Monday local activists defied their critics by voting narrowly for Patel, over a white male sitting MP John Brokenshire. Witham is a safe conservative seat with a notional majority of more than 7,000, meaning that Patel, a public-relations executive at the drinks company Diageo, will almost certainly become Britain's first Asian woman MP. "That would be tremendous, a huge honour, a huge privilege. I would look forward to it," she said. "I was thrilled to be elected. A huge range of emotions went through me." Being chosen by an association that was criticised for wanting only white men is "hugely ironic," she said. There are 10 Asian MPs, all men. Diane Abbott became the first black woman MP when she was elected in 1987. There are now only two ethnic minority women MPs, both of them Afro-Caribbean. Patel's parents are East African Asians who fled to Britain before she was born to escape Idi Amin, the Ugandan dictator. Patel, who is married without children, joined the party as a teenager, worked in Conservative Central Office and was for two years spokeswoman for Hague. "I am a British Asian, a British citizen, part of a community that has benefited enormously from this country," she said. "I want to give something back to a country I love, and which has given my family and me huge opportunities." In the past she has attacked her party for its racism, saying in an interview in 2003 that "racist attitudes do persist within the party... There's a lot of bigotry around."

Francis Maude, the chairman of the party said "I am absolutely thrilled with Priti's selection. Priti is bright, articulate, hugely energetic and has a big political future. This is yet more evidence that the Conservative Party is changing."

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14336284

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 23 November 2006 at 9:02am

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 23 November 2006 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Last elections UPA (not only congress party ) won the elections because of anti incumbancy factor in some places,in other places people simply wanted change.I wonder if Rajeev Gandhi  did anything to this country except for dreaming of Science and Technology.

Any woman with minimum amount of grey cells will not afford to loose the power,money ,fame that family has.But one thing interesting about Sonia Gandhi is she continued her family legacy,which is really a tough task.Whether I agree or not Sonia Gandhi is Un official Prime Minister of India.But I satisfied by the thought that She never hoisted the Flag near Red fort.

Cheers,

Mythili

Mythili ji,

If I were you, I would be more perturbed to see Laloo or Mulayam hoist a flag on the red fort that Sonia Gandhi.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 24 November 2006 at 4:56am | IP Logged

Cheers,

Mythili

Mythili ji,

If I were you, I would be more perturbed to see Laloo or Mulayam hoist a flag on the red fort that Sonia Gandhi.

Did Sonia Gandhi Sing Vandemataram Song on the occassion of 100 years of celebration of Vandemataram as our National Song!!!

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 24 November 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged

Cheers,

Mythili

Mythili ji,

Did Sonia Gandhi Sing Vandemataram Song on the occassion of 100 years of celebration of Vandemataram as our National Song!!!

I didn;t sing it. Does it make me less Indian? I am sure that there were many politicians who were doing other things that day who didn;t sing it. Does it make them any less Indian?

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 24 November 2006 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

Most Indians born in India, who have never stepped outside of the country for a minute still don;t accept "Vande Mataram" as the national song.  Many Indians don;t respect our National Anthem. 
You are talking about a country where its own citizens bring its patriotic songs in controversial flames.  
Furthermore, even if someone could sing it yet not feel / mean it anyway..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top