Debate Mansion

India-Forums

People of Foreign Origin!!!

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 7:02am | IP Logged

Hi Friends!!!

The term People of Foreign origin is directly proportinal to Mrs Sonia Gandhi.We got bored of this term during previous LokSabha elections.After the election results there was huge uproar in every nook and corner of India( rather World).I too got worried with the thought "What if Mrs Gandhi becomes Prime Minister of India?",infact at that time I prayed sincerely to God to do some miracle and God heard my prayers Mata Gandhi renounced the postClap.So everything is fine now.

So many Indians are in every nook and corner of the World,from fiji to Chicago.They are going to those countries for some studies ,work and are getting settled there permanently.They are settling there soooo much that they are contesting and Winning in that countries elections.We in India support them very much and celebrate if they win.Is'nt a paradox.

We don't accept people of foriegn origin as our country heads but at the same time appreciate our fellow Indians if they win in another country.

My question is

"Should people of foriegn origin know their limits and just do their work without interferingin that countries administration?"

"Say that country accepts foriegn origin people as leaders,will they get the respect,affection from local people?"

Please feel free to express your views .

Cheers,

Mythili

Himmi_K IF-Dazzler
Himmi_K
Himmi_K

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Hi Friends!!!

The term People of Foreign origin is directly proportinal to Mrs Sonia Gandhi.We got bored of this term during previous LokSabha elections.After the election results there was huge uproar in every nook and corner of India( rather World).I too got worried with the thought "What if Mrs Gandhi becomes Prime Minister of India?",infact at that time I prayed sincerely to God to do some miracle and God heard my prayers Mata Gandhi renounced the postClap.So everything is fine now.

So many Indians are in every nook and corner of the World,from fiji to Chicago.They are going to those countries for some studies ,work and are getting settled there permanently.They are settling there soooo much that they are contesting and Winning in that countries elections.We in India support them very much and celebrate if they win.Is'nt a paradox.

it surely a paradox...

We don't accept people of foriegn origin as our country heads but at the same time appreciate our fellow Indians if they win in another country.

My question is

"Should people of foriegn origin know their limits and just do their work without interferingin that countries administration?"

when u change your base to some other country, u try and get adjusted there...u do preserve your values and principals but at the end of the day u have to accept the truth..

if foriegners are there for a short period of time and has not contributed in any way to the country then they should keep away from the countries administration...but

as in the case of foriegners who have not only shifted to those countries..but also contributed to the progress of that country..then they have full rights to take part in administration..

Say that country accepts foriegn origin people as leaders,will they get the respect,affection from local people?"

they will get the respect and affection from local people...if u are a true leader and understanding their problems and trying ur best to solve them.

if u can relate to people and can be one of them then i dont think the origin will matter much

Please feel free to express your views .

Cheers,

Mythili

hope u like my answers mythiliSmile

amalia IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 10:19am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Very good post Mythili. Clap

This post remind me of discussion I was having with my husband about how Indian cricket team have hired non indian player as it's coach. Do you think Greg Chaple, once a captain for Austrian team can train indian cricket team to paly world cup against Australia? Do you think he can never ever be biased while training indian team? I know this is not related, but it is very similar to political figure from different origin country. I really don't like idea of person who rule the country is from different country.

Edited by sowmyaa - 13 October 2006 at 12:48pm
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Sowmyaa ji!!!
That's what I say,people of foriegn origin cannot do justice to their roles in the country they are residing particularly when it comes to the point of governance.See a person residing in USA/UK or an other country is from Indian origin,now he is a famous person in the country he is residing,he got a chance to contest the elections,at the time of elections does'nt he feel little bit bad for glorifying that country,carrying that county's flag,prasiing those leaders,is'nt hypocrisy?? Ok if the person is not a hypocrite he should be definitely shameless!!! I personally feel people of foreign origin should know they their limits and not interfere in the administrative affairs of the country they are residing.If at all they are thankful to that country they should join in some NGO and serve those people.
Cheers,
Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 13 October 2006 at 9:56pm
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by himali_kokate

when u change your base to some other country, u try and get adjusted there...u do preserve your values and principals but at the end of the day u have to accept the truth..

if foriegners are there for a short period of time and has not contributed in any way to the country then they should keep away from the countries administration...but

as in the case of foriegners who have not only shifted to those countries..but also contributed to the progress of that country..then they have full rights to take part in administration..

Say that country accepts foriegn origin people as leaders,will they get the respect,affection from local people?"

they will get the respect and affection from local people...if u are a true leader and understanding their problems and trying ur best to solve them.

if u can relate to people and can be one of them then i dont think the origin will matter much

Nice point!!! Let us see what our pardesi friends of IF say about this!!!!Smile

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

Cont...

Bobby Jindal will contest for Louisiana governor

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Source: IANS
Image Source: AP

Blog this story Blog this story

New York:  A week after winning his re-election to Congress, Indian American Republican Bobby Jindal announced through email that he would run for Louisiana governor against Democrat Kathleen Blanco.

Jindal had narrowly lost the 2003 runoff to Blanco.

"He's showing us that his campaign is not going to be politics as usual," said G. Pearson Cross, a professor of political science at University of Louisiana.

"He's showing us that he's a new kind of candidate -- young and intelligent and willing to use this technology."

The email also provided a link for donations, with Jindal suggesting amounts ranging from $25 to $5,000, according to Business Report newspaper.

At the just concluded US elections, Jindal won the race to Congress from the 1st District in Louisiana with a thumping majority of 87.9 percent (71,493) with his three opponents together getting less than 11,000 votes.

Jindal was born June 10, 1971 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He was elected to the US House of Representatives Nov 2, 2004, from Louisiana.

A graduate from Brown University, Jindal was appointed Louisiana secretary of department of health and hospitals. From 1998 to 1999, he was executive director of the national bipartisan commission on the future of medicare.

http://content.msn.co.in/Nri/nriIANS_181106_411.htm
He was also the youngest ever president of the University of Louisiana system between 1999 and 2001. President George W. Bush appointed him assistant secretary for planning and evaluation in the US Department of Health and Human Services. He married Supriya Jolly in 1997. The couple has three children.

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

Jindal was born June 10, 1971 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He was elected to the US House of Representatives Nov 2, 2004, from Louisiana.

Bobby Jindal is as American as George Bush, He is a US Citizen first, then anything else, so he can contest for Presidency(yeah that will happen sometime in the next 100 hrs, they are yet to even elect a black or a woman) Vs Arnold  who is an Austrian born but a naturalized US citizen, but according to current laws he cannot contest for presidency

With Sonia Gandhi she is a born Italian and a naturalized Indian Citizen, she is an Italian citizen first then an Indian citizen(I dont know if she renounced her Italian Citizenship). So she falls in the Arnold category. I dont know many countries where naturalized citizens are allowed to hold the highest office of the country.

Why is this distinction there?

It is b'cos you should be in 0% doubt about who holds your first loyalty. If supposed there was a war between Italy and India, India had to resort to nuclear option to safeguard its integrity. Would you be comfortable having Sonia Gandhi as your PM? Would you trust her to nuke Italy to save India? Nothing against Sonia Gandhi, that family has paid a huge price for the country, far more than me, but this is what drives the question for me

Edited by sareg - 22 November 2006 at 10:23pm

Go to top