Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Time to GA this! :)
And finally in India it is our Queen's birthday! Finally March 21st in India! Happy birthday Rani! Hope you have a great birthday!! Let's all come together as Rani-ians and wish her all the happiness in the world. We all have been waiting for this day for a long time and it's finally here!!!! #happybirthdayrani #birthdaygirl #ranimukerji #ranimukherji #ranimukherjee #march21 #37years #raniians

Lots more fun coming later! :)
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

Happy Birthday Rani Mukerji

March 20, 2015 aditi.chandra07 966 reads 3 comments 

The pretty Bengali beauty of B'Town, Rani Mukerji, turns 37 on March 21. She is not just one of Bollywood's most loved actresses, but has also wooed the audience with her performances, be it her debut movie Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat' or the recent Mardaani'.

On her birthday, Pinkvilla takes you back in time to remember her best performances till date.

Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat: Directed by Ashok Gaikwad, the movie marked Rani's Bollywood debut. The actress played a rape victim who is ordered to marry the accused. Post the wedding, she is belittled and tortured by her in-laws. However, later she falls in love with him and they are remarried again.

Ghulam: The movie saw the actress romancing Aamir Khan. Directed by Vikram Bhatt, it released in theatres in 1998. This movie earned the actress widespread popularity and recognition. The song Aati kya Khandala' became a huge hit and is still popular among the audiences.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Directed by Karan Johar, the movie saw the actress play Tina Malhotra. It released in theatres in 1998 and also featured Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. She won the Best Supporting Actress at the Filmfare Awards that year.

Saathiya: Rani essayed Suhani Sharma in the movie and was seen romancing Vivek Oberoi. Directed by Shaad Ali, the film was a remake of Tamil film Alaipayuthey'. It revolved around the story of a couple who elope to be together and how they later work on their differences. The actress won the Filmfare Best Actress (Critics Choice) for her performance in the movie.

Yuva: Directed by Mani Ratnam, the movie was another brilliant performance by the actress. She played the role of a Bengali housewife who is married to a goon, played by Abhishek Bachchan. The actress won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress that year.

Hum Tum: Directed by Kunal Kohli, the movie released in theatres in 2004. The movie saw the actress romancing Saif Ali Khan. The movie and the performances by the actors were praised by the critics. Rani won the Best Actress trophy at the Filmfare Award that year for her performance in the movie.

Black: The movie was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and released in theatres in 2005. The movie revolved around a blind and deaf girl, and her relationship with her teacher who himself later develops Alzheimer's disease. It also featured Amitabh Bachchan. Rani received the Filmfare Award for Best Actress and Best Actress (critic's choice).

Bunty Aur Babli: The actress was paired up with Abhishek Bachchan in this 2005 movie. Directed by Shaad Ali, the movie saw the actress play a con-woman. The film was a critical and commercial success becoming one of the biggest hits of 2005.

No One Killed Jessica: Directed by Raj Kumar Gupta, the movie featured Rani and Vidya Balan. The movie was based on the real-life murder of Jessica Lal. While Rani played the role of a feisty and determined news reporter, Meera Gaity, Vidya essayed the victim's sister. Rani won the Filmfare award for Best Supporting Actress.

Mardaani: Mardaani' was Rani's comeback movie post her wedding to producer Aditya Chopra. The actress played the role of Shivani Shivaji Roy, a dedicated and brave police officer with Mumbai Police. Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, The film tells the story of a female cop whose interest in the case of a kidnapped teenage girl leads her to uncover secrets of human trafficking by the Indian mafia.

We wish Rani a very Happy Birthday.

CREDITS: PINKVILLA
TAGS:
  • BLACK
  •  
  • BUNTY AUR BABLI
  •  
  • DISCUSSION
  •  
  • GHULAM
  •  
  • HUM TUM
  •  
  • KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI
  •  
  • MARDAANI
  •  
  • NO ONE KILLED JESSICA
  •  
  • RAJA KI AAYEGI BARAAT
  •  
  • RANI MUKERJI
  • SAATHIYA
  •  
  • YUVA
cute00ish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great job @cutiepie rani.

The thread
Look awesome
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
VaibhaviMerchant @VMVMVMVMVM  

My Jigripoo's Happiest Birthday..

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 9 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Shanoo Sharma @Shanoozeing  

Happy birthday to my love! A bright unstoppable path full of love ahead of you!Always! #RaniMukerji full PYAAR!!!

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
no one wants to post! :(

oh wellz...will enjoy the thread myself and everyone who wants to is welcome too! ðŸ˜†
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Aww Cutiepie Rani.. its not no one wants to post just people are just getting around to it.
Wishing Rani a very happy birthday. Hope to see her more on screens and rule it as she used to. And wishing her success in all her projects and endeavors. 
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

Originally posted by: OodlesDoodles

Aww Cutiepie Rani.. its not no one wants to post just people are just getting around to it.

Wishing Rani a very happy birthday. Hope to see her more on screens and rule it as she used to. And wishing her success in all her projects and endeavors. 

You're sweet. And I know. I just get so excited during this time of the year. ðŸ˜† Thanks for posting! :)
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

Happy Birthday Rani Mukerji

It's time to rejoice as the impeccable queen of Bollywood turns a year older today.

Saturday, March 21, 2015   |  Copyright: BollyCurry  |   1 Comments  |  383 Views

It's time to rejoice as the impeccable queen of Bollywood turns a year older today. Please join us in celebrating Rani Mukerji's 37th birthday, as we take a glance at her career journey in Indian Cinema thus far.

Mukerji was born into the famous Mukherji-Samarth family on March 21st, to director Ram Mukherji and playback singer Krishna Mukherji in Mumbai. She is now married to her long time beau Producer, director, screenwriter and distributor Aditya Chopra, or rather the owner of the vast Chopra Empire, Yash Raj Films (YRF). Mukerji's name is now successfully listed amongst the top notch celebrities of Bollywood. She first faced the camera in her father's Bengali film Biyer Phool in 1992. After rejecting numerous offers because she didn't want to become an actress, the Bengali beauty made her Bollywood debut with Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (1997) upon her mother's insistence. The movie failed miserably at the box office however, Mukerji was applauded for her portrayal of character Mala. Mukerji tasted her first huge commercial success with Karan Johar's Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) co-starring good friend Shah Rukh Khan and cousin Kajol.

The new millennium proved to be quite prosperous for the ace actress with praiseworthy performances in Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega (2000), Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001), Mujhse Dosti Karoge (2002), Saathiya (2002), Chalte Chalte (2003),Yuva (2004), Hum Tum (2004), Veer Zaara (2004), Black (2005) and Bunty Aur Babli(2005). She faced a slight set back in her career but marked her return with powerful films like No One Killed Jessica (2011), Talaash (2012) and her most recent stint, Mardaani (2014). Mukerji has no scheduled releases this year.

To get the party started, we present you with some memorable tracks featuring the queen herself. 
  1. "Aati Kya Khandala" - Ghulam
  2. "Piya Piya" - Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega
  3. "Jaane Dil Mein" - Mujhse Dosti Karoge
  4. "Chupke Se" - Saathiya
  5. "Maine Chookar" - Black
  6. "Kabhi Neem Neem" - Yuva
  7. "Nach Baliye" - Bunty Aur Babli
  8. "Tumhi Dekho Na" - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
  9. "Hey Shona" - TaRa Rum Pum
  10. "Mardaani" - Mardaani

Here's wishing Rani Mukerji a very happy birthday alongside a year filled with happiness, success and good health! We hope to see Mrs. Chopra on the silver screen again very soon. 

Author: Gurprit K. 
Editors: Shikha A. and Sonia R.
Graphics: Shikha A.

Do you have a suggestion or comment for BollyCurry? Drop us a PM at  BC_Dropbox today.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN INTROVERT'

21 Mar 2015
Hindustan Times 
Debasmita Ghosh

Says birthday girl Rani Mukerji, who is vacationing with husband Aditya Chopra

Rani Mukerji does not believe in flamboyance, and unlike most of her industry colleagues, she has no plans to party on her 37th birthday today (March 21).

Before she set off for a quiet vacation " with husband-filmmaker Aditya Chopra " their first long holiday since tying the knot in April last year " we caught up with the actor on why she is so fiercely protective about her personal life.

"Going to parties or making frequent public appearances... I have never done that, and I don't intend to do that in the future as well. When I am promoting my film, that's the only time I am out there, and the only reason is that as an actor it's my duty, and also something which is a part of my contract," says Rani, who was last seen in Mardani (2014).

The actor insists that even as a kid, she was always an introvert.

She goes on to add, "It's not only from the time I have become an actor. From Even when I was a kid, my mom would always coax me to go out because I liked being at home. It's a part of my personality that I have not been able to change even after becoming an actor. And trust me, even today, going out somewhere for me is like a big headache because I have to really drag myself out to get ready."

While Rani says this is the reason that she has stayed away from social media, she is happy that her husband, too, shares that trait.

"I am married to a person who is very similar to me and probably even a little more private than I am. There is nothing for me to share on social media. I can't share my life there as my husband also doesn't encourage that. So obviously I can't talk about him, and if fans ask me about my life or his, or want to see our pictures, I cannot even disappoint them because that's also a responsibility. You are answerable to all the people who are following you," she says.