Casting directors are fast gaining prominence in Bollywood - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by NailClipper

Dunno about Ishaqzaade... But when they were casting for Ishaqzaade, he was already a YRF boy. He was supposed to do a low budget YRF movie named Virus Deewan. That movie was shelved because the director's previous movie Luv ka The End tanked.

For these low budget YRF films Shanoo has the power to cast the leads.. Just like she cast Bhoomi in DLKH

Now how Shanoo picked Arjun.. There are two stories. 1) Same as Ranveer's: Met at a party, 2) Shanoo saw Arjun's FB profile and was impressed with him (😆)

Pathetic! 
Chalo atleast Shanoo doesnt figure here. 

Dunno about Ishaqzaade... But when they were casting for Ishaqzaade, he was already a YRF boy. He was supposed to do a low budget YRF movie named Virus Deewan. That movie was shelved because the director's previous movie Luv ka The End tanked.

For these low budget YRF films Shanoo has the power to cast the leads.. Just like she cast Bhoomi in DLKH

Now how Shanoo picked Arjun.. There are two stories. 1) Same as Ranveer's: Met at a party, 2) Shanoo saw Arjun's FB profile and was impressed with him (😆)

Oh didn't know about Virus Deewan. I remember Arjun said somewhere that Habib wasn't convinced with him initially and didn't really want to cast him in Ishaqzaade. Either Shanoo or Adi + Arjun then convinced Habib ...

Shanoo mostly casts people she knows as leads for the small-medium budget films. I wonder how Anushka came on board for Rab Ne. Was Shanoo still casting back then? 
Originally posted by chocolover89

Oh didn't know about Virus Deewan. I remember Arjun said somewhere that Habib wasn't convinced with him initially and didn't really want to cast him in Ishaqzaade. Either Shanoo or Adi + Arjun then convinced Habib ...

Shanoo mostly casts people she knows as leads for the small-medium budget films. I wonder how Anushka came on board for Rab Ne. Was Shanoo still casting back then? 

They could have cast other Y-Film boys.. Taha Shah or Saqeeb. But I guess they wanted a boy who's salable: Someone's son/nephew/brother. 

I think, Anu's was a real audition. Remember the host saying this in an MTV show. No idea if Shanoo was their casting director those days. 

They could have cast other Y-Film boys.. Taha Shah or Saqeeb. But I guess they wanted a boy who's salable: Someone's son/nephew/brother. 

I think, Anu's was a real audition. Remember the host saying this in an MTV show. No idea if Shanoo was their casting director those days. 

Do we go to movies if the lead is someone's son? Ok maybe we might be curious about Jackie's son or Anil's son. But Boney Kapoor's son?😆
Originally posted by RockChicGirl

Do we go to movies if the lead is someone's son? Ok maybe we might be curious about Jackie's son or Anil's son. But Boney Kapoor's son?😆

Anil's nephew.

True Story: I always use a doesn't-look-like-his/her-dad/mom/mamu type comment while watching songs/movies of an industry kid if my mom/sister is with me. When I do that, they can recognize the actor the next time they see him/her. Or else it takes a year or two for my mom/sister to know their name.  

Anil's nephew.

True Story: I always use a doesn't-look-like-his/her-dad/mom/mamu type comment while watching songs/movies of an industry kid if my mom/sister is with me. When I do that, they can recognize the actor the next time they see him/her. Or else it takes a year or two for my mom/sister to know their name.  

That might explain why Arjun is a bigger star than Taurani's son or Bhagnani's son. ðŸ˜†
The leads of Kai po che and Shahid were casted by Mukesh Chhabra. He did a splendid job in GoW as well. Like really kickass. Not to forget Chillar party. 😆

Coming to Ranveer, he auditioned a lot for BBB, I guess. I remember watching a video where he said, he was auditioned for so many weeks. I don't know how this audition process works but even Kavi Shastri said he was auditioned for many weeks continuously before he got finalised for Rishta.com. Actors launched by YRF are usually good actors. As in, they do a decent job in their first movie.
If only every single actor was cast after an elaborate audition, based on their acting talent & how much they suit the role, we wouldn't have casting couch or a firangi playing a conservative Mallu ( Amy in Ek Deewana Tha ðŸ˜†)
This is so random, but NC once higlighted some portions of an interview, which said Katrina was considered for DP's role in CE. 😆