Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: NailClipper

Yep. 

But, but sometimes they cast the leads as well if the makers are launching a new boy/girl.. but the final decision is director's/producer's. Ranveer was picked by Shanoo. The casting director of Khoobsurat suggested Fawad's name to Rhea/Sonam/the director. 

Oh okay that makes sense

I knew about  Ranveer being picked by a casting director for BBB. But I wonder how authentic her choice was thought..considering Ranveer is not an outsider..it seemed like she knew him and that's why she picked him over others. Considering he was good in BBB..I guess it doesn't matter in a way. But it is questionable. It's better I think to have casting directors who have no relationship with the industry so they can pick the best actors, and not based on their friends kids and who they know ect. 
Edited by QueenExpression - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: QueenExpression

Oh okay that makes sense

I knew about  Ranveer being picked by a casting director for BBB. But I wonder how authentic her choice was thought..considering Ranveer is not an outsider..it seemed like she knew him and that's why she picked him over others. Considering he was good in BBB..I guess it doesn't matter in a way. But it is questionable. It's better I think to have casting directors who have no relationship with the industry so they can pick the best actors, and not based on their friends kids and who they know ect. 

That's how Shanoo works. She had auditioned a thousand fat girls, but eventually cast her fat assistant in Dum Laga Ke Haisha.

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

That's how Shanoo works. She had auditioned a thousand fat girls, but eventually cast her fat assistant in Dum Laga Ke Haisha.

I remember on KWK when KJo asked her why Arjun got finalized and she said Adi really liked his impression of his chachu. Bechara was trying to make it look like his surname was not the reason for him getting his break and she goes and says that. ðŸ˜†

But from Ranveer's story it sounded like she got him into the casting process, but in the end he was up against many others for the role. So she can't guarantee a role to anybody, can she?
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

He married last year. Ayan and his then-boyfriend Aatish Taseer attended their wedding. 

I didn't know about this. I was about to ask who this was, then came across this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTUFcaFlyw[/YOUTUBE]

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Was it Adi or Shanoo who insisted on Arjun in Ishaqzaade? Habib wasn't convinced. 
QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

LMFaO this made me laugh. I had no idea she was her assistant. See I knew some of these casting directors can't be trusted esp. Shanoo don't know much about others. 
Edited by QueenExpression - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: touch_of_pink

But from Ranveer's story it sounded like she got him into the casting process, but in the end he was up against many others for the role. So she can't guarantee a role to anybody, can she?

Shanoo said in an interview that when she read the script of BBB, she knew Ranveer was her Bittoo (She met Ranveer a few years back at a party). Thus Ranveer was picked. Of course, Ranveer had to prove Adi he can play Bittoo. But, he wasn't picked from thousands.

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: touch_of_pink

I didn't know about this. I was about to ask who this was, then came across this:

😆 Is he really weeping? 

Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Truth is in the pudding.

So who have they casted in movies that ain't from a film family. 

Each of them should have at least two. 

Originally posted by: chocolover89

Was it Adi or Shanoo who insisted on Arjun in Ishaqzaade? Habib wasn't convinced.

Dunno about Ishaqzaade... But when they were casting for Ishaqzaade, he was already a YRF boy. He was supposed to do a low budget YRF movie named Virus Deewan. That movie was shelved because the director's previous movie Luv ka The End tanked.

For these low budget YRF films Shanoo has the power to cast the leads.. Just like she cast Bhoomi in DLKH

Now how Shanoo picked Arjun.. There are two stories. 1) Same as Ranveer's: Met at a party, 2) Shanoo saw Arjun's FB profile and was impressed with him (😆)