Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Jassi’s grudge against Purab (Page 5)

Poll Question: Y does Jassi hold a grudge against Purab?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
81 [55.86%]
29 [20.00%]
1 [0.69%]
17 [11.72%]
5 [3.45%]
12 [8.28%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 6:22pm | IP Logged

I agree with most of the points that Ides has listed.

My views:

If Jassi marries Armaan in the end, the end will be predictable and I know that T&D are forced to do it because of the contract they have with the original writers. I (as many others) wished they had stuck with the original story from the start!

At this point, Armaan's quick somersault (well it was quicker than a somersault) from a 'black' man to 'gray' man does not make any sense to me - this has happened quicker than an unattended bag full of money robbed in the crime infested New York /Los Angeles area. If they had to show him as 'gray' man all along, pairing him and Jassi would not have been such a bad thing - it would have been acceptable by masses.

Purab and Jassi are acting like kids now instead of two successful individual people, but I guess that love (though Jassi's love for Purab is questionable) does make people do crazy stuff.

It is okay for Jassi to say 'yes' to marrying Purab even if she does not love Purab. How many arranged marriages are based on love. I say this is an arranged marriage, because I think Jassi said yes to Purab only keeping her family happiness in mind. However, I don't think it is right for Jassi to 'yes' to marriage if she is still in love with someone else. Purab is getting a raw deal here. And because she does not love Purab, they are not able to iron out or there is a lack of interest (Jassi's part) in ironing out the creases.

I see indifference in Jassi when she interacts with Purab. The last I remember is the scene where she has just got to know about the fire in the warehouse, and at the same time Purab calls her. Well, I know it is not the time to talk about their relationship, but Purab being her beau, she will at least want to share the bad news with him even though they are having minor crises in their relationship. However, she is abrupt with him. I am not saying whether her reaction is wrong or right, but it is definitely strange that she does not share major current happenings in her life with her beau.

I do agree that Purab should have told Jassi if Meenakshi was his ex-g/f, however from what I have seen and read, it was one sided relationship (Meenakshi was crazy about him and not vice verse) and since he treated her only as a friend, it never occurred to him to tell Jassi about it till Meenakshi re-surfaced (like a bad penny?).

Well with the way they have shaped (read: messed) up the characters, personally Jassi should not end with either one (Armaan, Purab) because the one she loves is 'black' (now turning gray) and she does not love 'white'- this definitely is not an 'ideal' love story...hey but who said that this must end like a fairy tale.

T&D alone are responsible for the mess they have created. I, for one wished they had made this soap grow beyond merely looking for a beau for Jassi even in that department they are not a 100% (or close) successful.  However, sad but true, now that (finding a beau for Jassi) is the major crust of this story. Jassi should have been more than just a tug of war between two guys.

Edited by Ashwirya Shetty - 18 November 2004 at 6:32pm

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 11:58pm | IP Logged

.Jassi should have been more than just a tug of war between two guys

I couldn't agree with you more...........

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 19 November 2004 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JODY

OMG!!! What is with people writing essay-sized topics!! Don't we have better things to do??

aparently not......for we dont discriminate when it comes to using our intellect......we use it for all matters regardless......
tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 19 November 2004 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ides

OMG!!! What is with people writing essay-sized topics!! Don't we have better things to do??

aparently not......for we dont discriminate when it comes to using our intellect......we use it for all matters regardless......

LOL That is truly funny,ides!
SuperGrl126301 Goldie
SuperGrl126301
SuperGrl126301

#Akela Banner Contest Winner!!

Posted: 19 November 2004 at 7:46pm | IP Logged

I just think that Jassi is feeling insecure that Minaxshi is in Purab's life again and doesn't kno how to deal with it having no prior relationships or exposure to them.  Jassi is also still caught up in Armaan, especially since he has changed his attitude from when she accidentally said she loved him rite to his face. I also feel that Jassi is just stupid. I'm sure a lot of u will agree with my first part.Big smile

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by surnita

Would you honestly say Armaan carries full villainy in his heart now??  Yes T&D made him reform overnight because he will marry Jassi in the end and they only have a few months to endear him to the audience.  That is the fault of the writers.

Personally I dont think Purab is an adorable person!  I think he is a bore, full of his own self importance.  He has had a difficult past which makes it hard for him to relate to others.

Great !!! What Armaan does wrong is  writters mistake and Purab being a so called bore is Purabs mistake!!!  Confused

Also, how does one becomes adventerous?? I mean flirting with women, make fool of them, Dicth them, Manupilating them is adventerous and romantic??  Oh sorry I forgot all this is Writters mistake LOL

Difficult past ConfusedConfused, Is a show named Purab's difficult past being aired which I missed? Confused 

Jammy.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 8:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tisha_bhatia

Originally posted by ides

LOL That is truly funny,ides!

No one said anything about intellect. I was refering to time.

Aah dont worry about our time, we have plently. Wink. Even if we are busy with work we are so addicted to the board that we squeez some time out of our busy scehdules to alteast post one or two 'Essays'.Smile

Jammy.

tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 10:34am | IP Logged

I don't need to to display my intellect on this board. Not gonna maintain my GPA (grade point average) that way am I? So why waste me time on taking things about TV so seriously??? I come here for fun. It's about balance.

Good for you! Clap

Go to top