Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunny.gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: sharoon3210

How can we trust this lady? If she had genuine feelings for the kids, she wouldn't be covering Meera's mistakes. That itself is an indication that she is likely to become negative. Noone can take biological mother's place. Mother is after all a mother. That is what the Cv's are trying to convey.😊

CVs have not lost the track of the story but the show has certainly lost the charm that glue the viewers to it. 
Edited by sunny.gurl - 9 years ago
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sunny.gurl

CVs have not lost the track of the story but the show has certainly lost the charm that glue the viewers to it. 

@bold: That is needless to say. It has lost its charm the day Rashi left.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

How can we trust this lady? If she had genuine feelings for the kids, she wouldn't be covering Meera's mistakes. That itself is an indication that she is likely to become negative. Noone can take biological mother's place. Mother is after all a mother. That is what the Cv's are trying to convey.😊

thats what i am saying...in order to show that Gopi is right...they are gonna show this woman as bad influence...

it wudve been more challenging to GOpi to show a good woman with Ahem...but they won't do that, cause SP heroines are the ultimate self-sacrificing Mahaan women...and no matter how unfair they are towards their respective partners...their partners have to accept them, worship them and be happy...also sing praises for them once in a while...

where as we all know, if you compare Gopi-Ahem situation to real life...Gopi was unfair, and gave priority to everyone...except her husband Ahem...he used to be the last one, in her list...Kokila being the first one...sometimes i used to wonder whether Gopi was married to Ahem or Kokila...its seemed like Kokila is her husband...

a situation like this in real life, will make the husband seek love outside ...and will eventually end up in a divorce for the said couple...cause a husband does want his wife's world to revolve around him...it massages his ego...

and honestly, even our tradition n culture says that though the daughter in law has to keep the family together...but her priority should always be her husband...otherwise the marriage falls apart...so the way SNS showed Gopi behaving is totally against our traditions...

but then its SP...they can do anything...even show a fragile woman like RAdha making a powerful Modi family dance on her tunes...

you know, what was the worst thing they showed...that was when Radha was holding that filmy rope...and 3 people, yes, that's right...3 people were just standing there watching her...when she was talking to kokila...Paridhi cudve easily over powered her and Jigar cudve held the rope...but they didnt...cause they wanted to show how Mahan Gopi is...and even now...Ahem and that new woman will be shown as unfair...just to show how Mahan Gopi bahu is...

i seriously hope Indian government wud put ban on such horrible serials...rather then banning important eye-opening documentary like the one made on Nirbhaya...
sunny.gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anjs

thats what i am saying...in order to show that Gopi is right...they are gonna show this woman as bad influence...

it wudve been more challenging to GOpi to show a good woman with Ahem...but they won't do that, cause SP heroines are the ultimate self-sacrificing Mahaan women...and no matter how unfair they are towards their respective partners...their partners have to accept them, worship them and be happy...also sing praises for them once in a while...

where as we all know, if you compare Gopi-Ahem situation to real life...Gopi was unfair, and gave priority to everyone...except her husband Ahem...he used to be the last one, in her list...Kokila being the first one...sometimes i used to wonder whether Gopi was married to Ahem or Kokila...its seemed like Kokila is her husband...

a situation like this in real life, will make the husband seek love outside ...and will eventually end up in a divorce for the said couple...cause a husband does want his wife's world to revolve around him...it massages his ego...

and honestly, even our tradition n culture says that though the daughter in law has to keep the family together...but her priority should always be her husband...otherwise the marriage falls apart...so the way SNS showed Gopi behaving is totally against our traditions...

but then its SP...they can do anything...even show a fragile woman like RAdha making a powerful Modi family dance on her tunes...

you know, what was the worst thing they showed...that was when Radha was holding that filmy rope...and 3 people, yes, that's right...3 people were just standing there watching her...when she was talking to kokila...Paridhi cudve easily over powered her and Jigar cudve held the rope...but they didnt...cause they wanted to show how Mahan Gopi is...and even now...Ahem and that new woman will be shown as unfair...just to show how Mahan Gopi bahu is...

i seriously hope Indian government wud put ban on such horrible serials...rather then banning important eye-opening documentary like the one made on Nirbhaya...

In refrence to the above said words, Long back kokila's mom organizes a competition of best bahu between gopi and rashi. Kokila was sure enough that Gopi would win the competition and she helps gopi to win the competition by showing her mother that how capable bahu gopi is. But eventually Naani chooses Rashi over Gopi as she feels that a woman, no matter how good bahu she is, if she has not won her husband's love, her marriage and best bahu status is total futile. On this,Instead of understanding the essence of the competition and her mom's talk, kokila gets infuriated with her mom. ðŸ¤¢ Then she tried to bring ahem and gopi. But building an intimacy is not the only thing in a marriage but it's consistency and retainment is vital too.
Show's name is Saath Nibahana Saathiya, so they must keep in mind while making any new track and moulding any charachter.

Edited by sunny.gurl - 9 years ago
kavitha_r thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunny.gurl

In refrence to the above said words, Long back kokila's mom organizes a competition of best bahu between gopi and rashi. Kokila was sure enough that Gopi would win the competition and she helps gopi to win the competition by showing her mother that how capable bahu gopi is. But eventually Naani chooses Rashi over Gopi as she feels that a woman, no matter how good bahu she is, if she has not won her husband's love, her marriage and best bahu status is total futile. On this,Instead of understanding the essence of the competition and her mom's talk, kokila gets infuriated with her mom. ðŸ¤¢ Then she tried to bring ahem and gopi. But building an intimacy is not the only thing in a marriage but it's consistency and retainment is vital too.
Show's name is Saath Nibahana Saathiya, so they must keep in mind while making any new track and moulding any charachter.

@bold: True, whatever Kokila has been doing it was for her own selfishness. On one hand when Ahem & Gopi's relationship was pathetic, Kokila tried to set it right. However, Gopi could impress Ahem only when she educated herself.  When they were coming close, Kokila was insecure of losing Ahem to Gopi. It is because of her controlling nature. When the Modis lost the kite competition to her neighbour Savita, she was annoyed. When Hetal & Rashi won the best saas-bahu award, even at that time, Kokila was displeased. In dandiya competition when Jigar & Rashi used to win, Kokila was getting jealous. In one of the competitions, Ahem & Gopi deliberately gave up the competition to bring Jigar & Rashi together. Even  that that time, Kokila did not like it. When Ahem blasted Kokila for accusing Gopi for not informing about the mad woman incident, she told Gopi that she took her son away from her.

When they were spending time together, Kokila told Gopi to let Ahem concentrate on his work. She never really let them be close to each other so that they can have a good understanding.

On the other hand, Hetal never interfered in Jigar & Rashi's marital life. Although Rashi was manipulative, she never felt insecure that Jigar will go away from her.

If Ahem & Gopi had spent more time with each other like Jigar & Rashi, things would have been different. But as the elder son of the Modi Bhavan and as a badi bahu, they were given more responsibilities and as an ideal son & dil, both of them did what Kokila was telling them to do.

As for Mansi, she will turn out to be a grey character. If Meera's misdeeds gets revealed to Ahem, there will be a confrontation between Ahem & Mansi and he will go back to Gopi.

Edited by sharoon3210 - 9 years ago
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

+100

Agree with everything you said. Especially about SP and their portrayal of women.

I feel the same regarding the new entry in Ahem's life. So far we know that she has a huge influence on his daughter's lives. Meera calls her mom. Ahem has transferred his bank account in her name or they have a joint account. Whatever the situation is, the point is Ahem obviously has put a lot of trust into this woman. 

High chances are that when Gopi makes her entry, this woman will probably turn negative, maybe become some psychotic villain along the lines of Radha and the teacher who killed Rashi. But why should it always be shown in this way? 

Gopi flying in as superwoman and saving her family from the clutches of this evil woman will not take away the fact that Ahem is very angry with her actions in the past. These two have serious issues in their marriage and both have made mistakes, but if these issues are constantly going to be brushed under the carpet due to crazy people coming in between them, well, then what's the point of the show? ðŸ¤”
kavitha_r thumbnail
Originally posted by: touch_of_pink

+100

Agree with everything you said. Especially about SP and their portrayal of women.

I feel the same regarding the new entry in Ahem's life. So far we know that she has a huge influence on his daughter's lives. Meera calls her mom. Ahem has transferred his bank account in her name or they have a joint account. Whatever the situation is, the point is Ahem obviously has put a lot of trust into this woman. 

High chances are that when Gopi makes her entry, this woman will probably turn negative, maybe become some psychotic villain along the lines of Radha and the teacher who killed Rashi. But why should it always be shown in this way? 

Gopi flying in as superwoman and saving her family from the clutches of this evil woman will not take away the fact that Ahem is very angry with her actions in the past. These two have serious issues in their marriage and both have made mistakes, but if these issues are constantly going to be brushed under the carpet due to crazy people coming in between them, well, then what's the point of the show? ðŸ¤”

@bold: That is the catch. If Ahem has transferred his bank account in her name, how the system is still showing his name? In case of joint account the system should reflect both the names. Yes, the CV's are likely to make that lady negative otherwise how will they prove that Gopi is right for Ahem? Yes, there are many issues in Gopi-Ahem wedding & both are equally responsible for it. Only the CV's know what they want to convey through the issues that the couple faces due to these buggers.
anjs thumbnail

@bold: That is the catch. If Ahem has transferred his bank account in her name, how the system is still showing his name? In case of joint account the system should reflect both the names. Yes, the CV's are likely to make that lady negative otherwise how will they prove that Gopi is right for Ahem? Yes, there are many issues in Gopi-Ahem wedding & both are equally responsible for it. Only the CV's know what they want to convey through the issues that the couple faces due to these buggers.

@bold : they are responsible for the issues...but the way i look at it, Gopi is more then Ahem...mainly cause she didnt give him the importance that a husband deserves...Ahem had his own set of mistakes, which he did, initially cause he didnt want to marry Gopi n later cause he was Momma's boy...

but then Gopi has taken some harsh decision bt their marriage only n only thinking bt Kokila's reaction...

when Meera went missing n Kokila was angry with Gopi, Gopi left the house, only cause Kokila didnt want to see her face...but not even once she thought bt Ahem...who was already fallen in love with her... how could she even do that...and then left him for 8 long years...still he didnt marry anyone else...later he was forced n tricked to marry Radha...but he never willingly gave his wife's place to anyone else...

even after that...Gopi hardly gave him priority...during the Radha pregnancy track, so many times Ahem, told her to chill...n let others take a decision...but like fools Kokila, Hetal n Gopi, kept entertaining Radha... allowing her to not only torture the family, but also take such a serious decision in the end...even after all that no-one tried to save Rashi, only Gopi did...that too her solution was to kill Radha...though i dont grudge her for that, as it was her anger which blinded her...but than i understand Ahem's situation more than Gopi...he did try as best as he could...but Gopi was never made to be a wife...she was a good daugher in law, and a good mother...but never a good wife...and a good partner...

and if now poor Ahem have found somebody whom he trusts n love...than to ruin that relation, just cause Gopi is the heroine and has to be right, is something too frustrating to watch...

if cv's are brave, than take it as a challenge...show that the new lady is an ideal wife and companion...why show her influencing the kids in a negative way...show her as an good mother...and let Gopi realize that she wasnt good enough for them...

also i think Meera consuming alcohol isnt something that i wud blame that new woman on... Meera is grown up...and nowadays all youngsters drink alcohol...so if we think that meera drinking is that woman's mistake then all the youngster's mothers are also wrong...so i think its not her mistake...its Meera's decision n i feel she was always the one prone to do wrong...even in her childhood...she was always the weaker  person...

yes that woman is at mistake when she tells meera to hide it from Ahem...and that is where the cv's are going on the predictable path...to show how wrong Ahem is for choosing to move on...they are doing all this...

but eventually if you ask me...i think, in this serial...Kokila and Gopi have some major flaws...and are wrong...and Ahem, Hetal are mere humans, who try hard to be happy... and other characters are just piece of furniture...
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

when Meera went missing n Kokila was angry with Gopi, Gopi left the house, only cause Kokila didnt want to see her face...but not even once she thought bt Ahem...who was already fallen in love with her... how could she even do that...and then left him for 8 long years...still he didnt marry anyone else...later he was forced n tricked to marry Radha...but he never willingly gave his wife's place to anyone else...

While I agree that Kokila and Gopi are flawed characters who never seem to face up to their mistakes, I also believe that Ahem is just as flawed as them. Yes, Kokila was most vocal about Gopi being responsible for Meera's death. But when Gopi turned to Ahem for support, he turned a blind eye. When Gopi left, Ahem made no attempt to stop her, but actually pointed a finger to her to say stay away from me. Ahem was not forced or tricked into marrying Radha. His mother asked him and he accepted. In fact after Gopi came back, he ended up becoming even more determined to marry Radha just to spite Gopi. 

I blame the whole family for the Radha situation. Not one person used their brain to come up with a solution to get her out of their lives for good. Ahem was wrong to think Gopi should have detached herself from the problem because this was something that had an impact on the whole family. Their own daughters were at risk from Radha. Rather than shouting with Gopi for neglecting him, he should have supported her with coming up with an effective solution to removing Radha from the house. Sometimes I felt like they were thinking she would disappear into thin air one day. Sometimes I even thought that they probably got used to her company and kinda liked having her around, which is why they weren't kicking her out. ðŸ˜†

I also don't buy the whole Gopi killed Radha in a fit of rage. Giving it a religious context does not make what Gopi did right. Killing Radha at the point when she was viciously attacking her would have been another thing altogether as that is clearly self-defence. Yes, you could argue this was self-defence too, but then we don't know what happened in the court proceedings and what Gopi's defence was in the case. Looking at the scene, Jigar and Paridhi had ample opportunity to get a hold on Radha. They could have hit her in the head and knocked her out unconscious. They was rope to tie her up/ If these people had a brain, there were plenty of things that they could have done. If Ahem is so angry at Gopi for killing Radha and going to jail, why didn't he stop her?

So yeah. No one's perfect. They have all made mistakes. But no one wants to own up to their mistakes.
anjs thumbnail
Originally posted by: touch_of_pink

While I agree that Kokila and Gopi are flawed characters who never seem to face up to their mistakes, I also believe that Ahem is just as flawed as them. Yes, Kokila was most vocal about Gopi being responsible for Meera's death. But when Gopi turned to Ahem for support, he turned a blind eye. When Gopi left, Ahem made no attempt to stop her, but actually pointed a finger to her to say stay away from me. Ahem was not forced or tricked into marrying Radha. His mother asked him and he accepted. In fact after Gopi came back, he ended up becoming even more determined to marry Radha just to spite Gopi. 

I blame the whole family for the Radha situation. Not one person used their brain to come up with a solution to get her out of their lives for good. Ahem was wrong to think Gopi should have detached herself from the problem because this was something that had an impact on the whole family. Their own daughters were at risk from Radha. Rather than shouting with Gopi for neglecting him, he should have supported her with coming up with an effective solution to removing Radha from the house. Sometimes I felt like they were thinking she would disappear into thin air one day. Sometimes I even thought that they probably got used to her company and kinda liked having her around, which is why they weren't kicking her out. ðŸ˜†

I also don't buy the whole Gopi killed Radha in a fit of rage. Giving it a religious context does not make what Gopi did right. Killing Radha at the point when she was viciously attacking her would have been another thing altogether as that is clearly self-defence. Yes, you could argue this was self-defence too, but then we don't know what happened in the court proceedings and what Gopi's defence was in the case. Looking at the scene, Jigar and Paridhi had ample opportunity to get a hold on Radha. They could have hit her in the head and knocked her out unconscious. They was rope to tie her up/ If these people had a brain, there were plenty of things that they could have done. If Ahem is so angry at Gopi for killing Radha and going to jail, why didn't he stop her?

So yeah. No one's perfect. They have all made mistakes. But no one wants to own up to their mistakes.

oh ok...i didnt see Ahem's reaction when Gopi left...so wasnt aware of it...though he is also flawed, no doubt...but atleast he doesnt try to dominate anyone...doesnt try to change others way of life...doesnt force his beliefs onto others...that is a big plus point for him, when compared to Kokila...and whatever mistakes he did, for me that is just part of being a human...mistakes and ego too (for e.g.marrying radha to spite gopi)

but Kokila tries to dominate each n everyone, the one who opposes enters her bad books, that a serious flaw...for her its her way or the highway...and no matter how good one is, one mistake and she is ready to throw you out of the house...which is a serious serious problem with her nature...

Gopi is a doormat for Kokila...she can never go against her...goes out of her way to please Kokila...only thing remaining is licking Kokila's feet...

Radha's murder track : whatever she did, whatever defense they had...my view is that Radha's torture had become too much to tolerate...and thank god she finally killed her...otherwise i wud have gone to their studio n killed Radha myself ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜†

overall, i would just say that this serial has a very cruel n cheap story...and they really play with people's emotions...my family really feel affected with what all they show...and showing this kinda serial to viewers over the long run...will shape the society in a very very bad and negative manner...

and i honestly feel the government should start looking at it...rather than showing this type of crappy serials...they should promote serials like 'Everest' which was so much realist and gave hopes to lots of young women to do good in their lives...

serial like this n a few more...and characters like Kokila, Gopi shouldnt be praised, else they set a very bad standards in society...