Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: RockChicGirl

This the actual case of gender discrimination when Imran got paid more than Katrina for MBKD. Not only was she more senior to him in terms of experience but also more popular. 

I agree with this Shreya Kat shld be paide more then Imran. Infact Imran doesnt have any pull at BO.
Dunno Why they paid Imran too much than Kat in MBKD. 

Does Imran was paid more then Kareena also in EMAET and GTPM.
weirdlynormal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: NailClipper

Why no one cries when Imran, Shahid, Ranveer... (used to) charge 10-12 cr? Which solo movie of their got a 10 cr. opening?

Agrred. Mentioned people baring shahid  has displayed  any BO pull.

Shahid has displayed it in Vivah, Kaminey,Haider,Rajkumar

But i agree. As of now Even Shahid should be on less than DP, KAT.
weirdlynormal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cougarTown

It depends who is the actor

If imran khan was paid more than her in IHLS then it is unfair

Also actors like imraan and saif who have zero pull should definitely not be paid more..good saif was shown his place by asking him to cut his fees..high time these flop stars are shown their place and not paid more just coz they are males

But for the khans etc..yeah it makes sense..they even make crap like HNY or Jai Ho sell..so they deserve it

IHLS time Imran should have been as same as Sona or little more. Imran had craze  at that time.
His JTYJN was hit then 2 flops.  while Sona was struggling for BO hit after saawariya and D6.

But yeah both had same BO pull.
weirdlynormal thumbnail
Originally posted by: RockChicGirl

This the actual case of gender discrimination when Imran got paid more than Katrina for MBKD. Not only was she more senior to him in terms of experience but also more popular. 

Thats totaaly unfair.

Kat should  have been paid more. whole movie was abt her.

weirdlynormal thumbnail
Originally posted by: --SH7_Sunny--

I agree with this Shreya Kat shld be paide more then Imran. Infact Imran doesnt have any pull at BO.
Dunno Why they paid Imran too much than Kat in MBKD. 

Does Imran was paid more then Kareena also in EMAET and GTPM.

i  dont think Imran would have got more than Kareena after MKBKMD and OUATIMD.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

As a business major I am completely for market economics. The demand and supply curves set the fair market price. People don't give enough credence to market economics. It explains why the Khans make significantly more. It explains why there is a certain  gap between male and female wages. 

However, we also have to realize that market economics works only in hypothetical perfect markets. Real world markets are imperfect and have factors beyond pure economics influencing the price. There has been a historic subjective bias against women that is still prevails a little even today. This impacts both fair price and viability of women in the market. It is still cause for concern that should be worked upon and not completely dismissed.  

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
WOW...I can't believe she said something so sensible...😲 πŸ‘πŸΌ
KaranSG_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sonam has a point.While it is right that it is a male dominated industry...the audience also gives more importabce to the actors.An actress' career is still considered to be over if she gets married while its not the same with actors.The producers will obviously invest more on actors.
Love her look in the pic...#Gorgeous

As for the wage gap, I do agree with her to an extent, but blatant discrimination still persists as the examples given on previous pages...

----------

Fudge it, shouldn't pounce on someone's job πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by Fiery.Fawkes - 9 years ago
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i remember pari, who is an investment banker, spoke about it wid rajeev
she said, even though the newbies do same amt of work the heroes r paid rs.20 n heroines rs.12 

that bad

dp also spoke well, i liked her points, she said it's fine if u pay well the seniors, but the newbies do the same amt of work, be it hero or heroine, so why the unequal pay der?[smthng like dat]

sonam can be okay wid less pay mayb cos she has her family's money but outsiders need to support der families n demselves

the difference betwn males salary n females is embarassing. was discussed in the actresses roundtable as well by tabu

if not equal, den at least don't have such discrimination