cynthia32 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Any idea when Meenakshi's real life baby is due? Any news on how long her maternal leave will be and how her character will be portrayed during those missing months?  I'm gonna miss her, she's such a fun character. 
It would be nice if they just make it seem like she went to her mothers house for awhile after giving birth.  Now that Meena knows how to use skype, she can just come on the show via skype every now and then until she's ready to begin shooting again :)

I just hope they don't abruptly end her character or replace her :/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SonerMeye thumbnail
I must say hats off to Kanika. The way she is carrying on shooting, carrying Pari, running upstairs & downstairs. It is her real first pregnancy and she is quite advance. Staying under bright light, giving repeated shots must be very difficult - at this stage of her pregnancy she should take rest and stay calm & happy. I wonder why her husband & family let her carry on.

Good luck to her & hope she keeps well.

cynthia32 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes! Her dedication is very commendable! She looks like she could be due pretty soon. I hope they are pampering her well on the set :) I bet she just enjoys the role and her friends so much that it doesn't even feel like work. She's so amazing at portraying her character. 
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think her baby is due either  in march or april...I appreciate all the hard work she puts in
But if the leap comes before her delivery than she will definately be taking break.
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
sonermeye i think its the commitment
it doesnt take much time to say you can replace me and iam gonna rest at home
she knows very well how much viewers love meena and her nautanki
her role is one of the  major contributors for the show
she will try till the last
and when she feels she cant anymore she may take a break
and that is why may cvvs are confused as to which track to give
they are not sure till when kanika can manage

Panthera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SonerMeye

I must say hats off to Kanika. The way she is carrying on shooting, carrying Pari, running upstairs & downstairs. It is her real first pregnancy and she is quite advance. Staying under bright light, giving repeated shots must be very difficult - at this stage of her pregnancy she should take rest and stay calm & happy. I wonder why her husband & family let her carry on.

@ bold...
Maybe she has a mind of her own and knows her body and mind well enough to make her own decisions -not needing husband or family to decide for her?
Nayi soch😉...for india...women listening to advice, but making their own informed choices and decisions! 😊
rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail
yes a commendable effort from Kanika.. will miss her character antics when she is on leave..
gksk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SonerMeye

Being an experienced mother of 2 kids who were both born after normal delivery, I can tell you that pregnancy usually is not as difficult as shown in TV serials.
I am a Software Developer and used to drive to work, shopping, doctor's appointments without any issues. (Roads are better in US).

With my first child I had driven to and from office till the last day . In the evening after reaching home, labor pains started. The pains last for several hours and keep coming and going. Only when they start coming very frequently are you supposed to go to hospital. I waited for 4 hours at home and then my husband calmly drove me to hospital around midnight. Even then baby was born early morning. That is how much time there usually is.

With my second child my labor pains started early morning. I worked on my laptop from home the whole day and attended phone calls to report final status of tasks before I go on leave. My husband and I decided to go to hospital late evening. Doctor at hospital still said that we came too early but since weather was very bad outside they did not send us back home. (Yes, in US if you come to hospital too early, they send you back home and ask to come again in 2-3 hours) Baby was born just before midnight.

So, its not like in Indian movies and TV where baby is born in an hour of pain starting. Only when water breaks, Mother is required to go to hospital as quickly as possible. Usually baby takes a lot of time.
And being active and doing light work till the end is recommended as that helps in delivery. Also no one is needed to eat double food during pregnancy. Just east normal healthy food and add lots of  fruits and nuts to diet. That is enough for healthy weight gain for mother and baby. Remember there is just a baby in the womb, not a grown up who needs food equal to a grown up. Eating too much can also cause complications due to excess weight gain.

Pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester without any complication is not supposed to sit whole day and eat.
SonerMeye thumbnail
It is very disappointing! I have just praised Kanika for her endurance & dedication and I ended up with lots of negetive responses & a big lecture on status of child birth. As if I do not have any child & has not gone through the phase of pregnancy & child birth.

However, in the United Kingdom( London) we are lucky to have very generous maternity leave & the sympathetic attitude of the employer to the pregnant women. I worked in by busy high position finance job at the British Civil Service until 11 weeks before my delivery date. My son was born 5 weeks pre matue before the sheduled delivery date. I have lead a normal & busy life right up to the day when my water broke while attending an invitation at about 2am. I was taken to the Hospital & gave birth at 6am.

So I find it very funny that people assume that I am a 'gower' & do not know anything. Now I remember why I have given up writing on this forum (Patrorising Overbearing & an attempt to make you feel small comments)!!!!!!!!