Rules & Announcements

India Forums SRGMP Singing Contest

Barnali thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi Friends –

You all must have read about the recent successful completion of the IF SRGMP contest of the SRGMP section and Swastika being the deserving winner there under the wonderful mentorship of Punjini. This season, we come back with the contest on a much larger scale and hope that it is going to be lot more fun.

What is it all about?

For the new members, IF SRGMP Challenge is a real musical competition in the virtual IF world where our very own members record and upload their songs online to showcase their talent and treat us to a musical feast.

The format is very much inspired by the Zee SRGMP program, and so we will have Gharanas led by musically knowledgeable mentors and participants fighting it out for the top honor under the guidance of the mentors. Each week, the participants will sing songs based on a predefined theme and upload the songs online within a given timeframe. The Dev team will appoint a constant panel of neutral judges who will listen to the songs and pass their judgment based on some evaluation parameters. Each week 2 singers getting the lowest scores will be eliminated and hence we will march forward towards getting the final deserved winner.

What are we doing now?

To start with, we invite songs from all the aspiring singers of IF who were probably only humming in their washrooms till now. Who knows, our members here may give a good fight for money to the Debojits, Nihiras, Karunyas and Arijits! So, please record your songs and send us the entries now. 

In this first round – we would like you to record any song your choice and convert the same into electronic format (mp3). Please find the details of how to record songs here -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/428709

Once recorded, you can send in your entries to the email IDs - [email protected] and [email protected]  Remember, the last date of submission is – 12th November 2006

The following members will act as guiding mentors for the first round who will listen to all the entries and select the top 16 entries for the next set of rounds. So any of you have any problem with song selection or anything else just get in touch with them.

ranig 

Kanta80

Sur_Sangam

The final 16 selected participants will be distributed into 4 Gharanas. A mentor who has sound knowledge of music and is selected by the SRGMP forum Dev team will head each Gharana. From the next round onwards, 2 singers will be eliminated in each round as already stated.

Who can give you more information?

The members you can contact for more clarification are:

Barnali

kabhi_21

ans24us1 

SmarterDesiKid

Who can participate?

Any IF member who can sing is eligible to participate. We look forward to maximum participation.

What are the guiding rules for recording?

The song recorded will have no background music of any kind whatsoever including voice enhancement techniques such as  use of echo.

The song you upload need not be a full song. But should have an Antara and an Mukhra atleast.

Please ensure you use a proper mike so that your true voice is captured to the maximum.

Karaoke tracks are NOT allowed.

A participant can post ONLY one song in the first round. The song

Please ensure that when you send your song to the above emails, it also has the following details in the given order:

Participant's name   :

Movie name              :

Song Title                  :

Singer's name          :

Song Link                   :       

Sounds fun and interesting, right! So what are you waiting for – Rush in your entries now.

Aao sabko dikha de – Hum bhi kisi se kam nahi

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammmu thumbnail
Haila! I'm excited.... 5th November! Will definitely try and participate😳Edited by ammmu - 17 years ago
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Wow!!! This is what I've been waiting for! I thought it wouldn't return, coz last time... it was just for SRGMP section... so This time, I'm PARTICIPATING!!!

-Sam 😉
Jennifer.L thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sounds intersting-wil try n participate 😳
sowmyaa thumbnail
Thanks for the info. sounds exciting 😊
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Besht ov luck evry1... 😃

Lemme shee if i can do sth...

DON.
advil thumbnail
All the very best to all the probable participants !!!!👍🏼
Urooj3k thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good luck too all participatin 😃

Wow... this is a great contest :D

Looking forward to loads of people taking part.

Will try to take part 😳

-Tahmina

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
cool..i would have participated...but i have no mic 😭