Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

India-Forums

The A to Z Discussion Express CC #3 (Invite Only!)

AryaDrayCoByrne IF-Rockerz
AryaDrayCoByrne
AryaDrayCoByrne

Posted: 09 February 2015 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Thread Number 3 

New month (relatively speaking Wink) and new thread of course! We've slowed down a bit on our discussion express but life is a whole other journey in itself of course! We also tried to implement ideas that have not quite been adopted. They will stay and I will try my best to implement them because they do add variety but this is also a chat club and a place for us to come to and unwind as well, especially when things get heavy like exams and illnesses and other stuff. Sometimes adding more to that with heavy discussion is not always going to help. So *cough* to quote Miley Cyrus *cough*, we "get the best of both worlds! mix all together and let's rock out this show" (I think those lyrics are wrong but does it really matter LOL).

I don't have much to say but um...yeah. Enjoy the discussions and the chatting Big smile

From Before As A Reminder:

As your station master and helpful guide I will be the admin for this thread and therefore have to establish the following things.

The Purpose of this thread: Simple really; a place where you can chat about what it is you want to chat about bearing in mind all the forum rules and to enjoy meeting other members who despite having different tastes will entertain you in their own way for however long you wish to stay.

I have posted the rules below so do read them first and keep them in mind when posting. This CC was made by permission from the DT team and with the following rule which we must obey:

You can talk about other shows in your CC but do not discuss anything about other forums.

Also do not discuss any one else who is not a member, any other CC and its members or any one of the DT team members.

Invite Only: Each Member has been sent a specially made invite by me with some information they need to be give me so I can create a members list for reference and as part of the rule. If you want to join, then just send me a PM with the title "I want to join your CC" and give me your username and the name you want people to call you. I will send you an invite as soon as I can. It is a formality and should not take long so please do follow this if you can.

Members who invite other members, send me a pm or leave me a post saying who you invited and when, so they can receive an invite as well. I don't mind who you invite but just for the members list, I do need the name and username from them. Plus I get to send them a lovely invite too.

If I do not know who new invitees are and who invited them and they have posted without an invite, I will warn them first as a consideration before reporting them as they have inadvertently broken the rule of not waiting before posting/liking. Sorry in advance but it will be done so let's hope it does not get there.

Also if you cannot discuss lots of different issues (you can pick and choose which one you want to respond too) and also your favourite actor, show etc. both in a positive and critical light  (but in a constructive manner) then please for your own peace of mind do not ask for an invite. We don't want to hurt you so please don't put yourself in that position.

Curious and malicious stalkers: Beware. The rules below explicitly state that stalking is not allowed. Your time is precious so I think it is better for you to use it in another manner instead of looking for stuff here to use as abuse or whatnot elsewhere. For the curious, if you want to join in - ask for an invite. Simples, we'd love to talk to you.

Personal Stuff: I am aware members like to give examples from their real lives about issues and that is at their own risk. I'm pretty sure you can judge what information you want to post and what you don't. I have given the warning and it is up to you to follow and deal with the consequences. If you want to talk about something that is better off not being posted because it is too personal and or may inadvertently hurt someone then just use the pm.

New Threads: Just as a head up. I will create all new threads. I will begin preparing them when we have reached 145 pages and not before. This thread will complete 150 before I post the next. So no worries about this train stopping - if we stick to the rules then our train will continue for some time.

Okay so anything else...nope. The train is ready. Read the Rules below and read the other passengers list so you know who you are talking too LOL and you can start chatting. And questions/issues/suggestions/comments in whatever language - that google can translate - you can send to me either by pm or leave a post. Better by pm so I don't have to trawl through the posts and end up missing it. I will do it ASAP but apologies in advance if it takes a bit of time. I do end up being busy one way or another. If I am green it means I can talk with no problems, if I am red and posting it means I am online but will take time in returning your messages.

Last but not least...if you come here and nobody else is here...then no fret. Either I will turn up soon as this is where I end up most of the time or someone else will come as members here cover all time zones.

Without further ado...enjoy your journey...and oh...exits are there, there and there...ROFL (you can decipher that as a puzzle from me to you)

My timings (so you can make sure I get your message):
I am available usually Monday - Sunday 8pm GMT but depending on what happens that day I fly in and out. But if you send me a message, it will be answered as soon as I have logged in. Smile

Enjoy your journey

Your Station Master,

Big smile

Arya

Edited by AryaDrayCoByrne - 12 March 2015 at 9:46am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

severus1

AryaDrayCoByrne
AryaDrayCoByrne

Posted: 09 February 2015 at 10:59am | IP Logged

These are standard CC Rules that I have posted here so people can read and follow. If you don't follow them then this CC will end up closing. That will be quite a sad day Cry so please do follow them. Approve

The Chat Clubs forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. Members are requested to comply with these guidelines to ensure that the forum runs smoothly.

1. Criticism and Bashing: India Forums is a platform to allow everyone to express their opinions freely within the COC and respectable limitations. Constructive Criticism is always welcomed. However bashing is not part of constructive criticism. Things can be said in a more civilized manner rather than being brutal.

Please know the difference between bashing and constructive criticism. Constructive Criticism is when a member voices his/her opinions in a civil manner, without using derogatory words and phrases to prove his/her point. He/she is also able to state [without subjugation and with complete objectivity] as to where have they derived their opinion from. Having said that dislike, disagreement or contradiction is not considered bashing.

2. Name Calling: While criticizing something, there are times when members tend to go overboard and use certain derogatory and downright offensive words which shouldn't be used for any celebrity/member/DT member. Please remember that any derogatory references, comparing celeb/member to animal or name calling any person [celeb/member/DT member] is against forum rules, and strict action will be taken against those who indulge in it. That being said, we do allow pet names and jodi names for the celebs, as long as they're not offensive to anyone.

3. Hate speech:
India-Forums members are allowed freedom of speech & expression, however please ensure any discrimination, racism or hate speech is not advocated. Refrain from posting any content which might incite/promote hatred towards any member/religion/Nationality/Race or minority communities.

4. Visual Content:
Members are allowed to post images - spoilers related to a show, pictures of a celebrity, signatures, videos etc in the  CC . However this does NOT include any members personal pictures which would violate one's privacy. Also please refrain from posting fake or morphed images intended to defame/ ridicule /abuse any celebrity &/member. This includes posting animal images with the intent to be sarcastic and bash any member/celebrity.

While posting signatures/videos ensure that none of the content carries any hate speech towards member/celebrity/Nationality/religion/race/community.( At all times Avatar & Signature Shop Rules rules will apply towards any creations)

4. Stalking/Reporting: Chat Club is a huge forum. It is not possible to keep track of each and every post/CC hence members are asked to report the thread with reasons so that DT can look into the concerns/complains and do the needful. However as per forum rules stalking is not encouraged either. Members stalking and misusing report feature with intention of closing down other CC will be dealt with severity.

CC members should refrain from drawing attention to their CC by labeling other fan groups/CC members stalkers when ever they get a note and thus provoking a cycle of fan wars thorough reporting/counter reporting. If your CC is issued with note/warning doesn't imply it was stalk/reported by members of other CC/fan group.

5. Discussing DT Notes/Decision and Forum Issues: Discussing decisions taken or warnings issued to a thread and issues pertaining to any forum is strictly prohibited. You have concern/query regarding a warning or forum , kindly contact the section DT about the same. If any members are found doing so action will be taken accordingly. Even after continuous reminders/warnings if members fail to follow the rules it will lead to closure of the thread.

6. Discussing and Mocking Members/Fan Groups: Discussing non CC member/fan group is NOT allowed. Refrain from pointing fingers or taking direct or sarcastic digs at other fan groups . Fans can be passionate towards their favorite celebs, but it does not mean they can be judgmental towards other members/fans. Calling other members/fan groups haters, bashers or "real fans" in a snide manner is also provocative and comes under fandom attack.

Don't say other fan-group/members were mocking us and what you did was in retaliation to that. Your CC will be judged on an individual basis and not relatively. Being part of a CC you are responsible for your own actions and the circumstances are insignificant there. If you have any issue with regards to any member contact the section Dev Team. There is absolutely no need to discuss/talk about members/fan groups who are not part of your CC.

7. Plotting/Planning Against Forum/Members: It has been observed that members use Chat Club to plan how to create ruckus in forum and/or target members. Members giving dare to their friends, challenging them to create problems in any section leading to fan wars/fights thereby disrupting the peace of the section will not be tolerated.

India-Forums grants its members privilege to make a Chat Club. We expect members to utilize it in a right manner and take responsibility for their actions. Using an IO CC and its exclusivity to plot/instigate against fan groups /members in CC/other forums resulting in chaos will be severely dealt with.

8. Discussing Actors Personal Life and Link Ups: Any chat club threads that revolve around rumors and/ or promote baseless assumptions in terms of non-existing relationship about two co-stars will be strictly prohibited! For example, any particular Chat Thread that links two actors in real life without proper official source/confirmation, when they are simply co-stars/professional colleagues will be immediately locked down. However, you are more than welcome to discuss the characters and the actors with respect to the show and their roles thereof, without breaching the boundary.

9. Invites Only: It will be mandatory for every Chat Club  to make a  current list of members of their CC on the first page. Members who are not part of the CC are not supposed to post or like posts in the thread.If you want to join the CC contact the admin of the CC for the same. Unless you have been invited or granted permission do NOT post or like posts in the thread. If found doing so you will be getting a warning raise without question.

10. Opening New CC Under Lock Down: It has come to our notice that members open a new CC or reuse an old CC thread in Chat Club/Other Forums to circumvent , while the current one is closed down for review. In such case the CC will be given penalty which would lead to thread being locked further 48 hours.

11. Profanity and Foul Language: Please refrain from excessive swearing or using profanities by misspelling or letter substitutions to bypass censoring . Do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to any such content. India forums is a family friendly forum and impressionable young minds visit our website.

12. External Forum Issues/Promotion: This is India-Forum.com hence keep external issues out of this forum and do not drag in fights from Facebook/twitter/etc over to this forum. We are not interested in demeaning anyone here neither are we interested in those fan wars so whatever happens on Facebook/twitter or other sites should be dealt there only and not here. It may sound harsh but that's how we operate here.

Do not promote other sites/forums on I-F. You want to share link of the site with your friends you can do it via PM. Any site or blog demeaning the celebrity and link given to the same in the signature or on the forum is NOT allowed. For more information refer-External Content from Social Networking Sites

13. Multiple ID's (MID): Refrain from creating MID's purposely to cause chaos and instigate members. If any member is found doing so the original ID will get a warning level raise and MIDs will be banned without further question.

14. Spamming and Quoting: Do not spam with just emotions/numbers/gibberish to increase post count/pages. However since it is a CC and members don't feel too restricted we would be allowing maximum 20 pages of spam across 150 pages provided rest has some meaningful content or conversation. Do not quote long quotes. You can quote three posts maximum and they should be small.

15. Sharing Personal Information: This has been brought up time and time again. Do not share your personal information with others on the net. If you are sharing any information with an unknown person you are doing that at your own risk. The conversation that takes place in private messages, face book, messenger between two people is between them and not to be shared in open forum.

16. Report Button/Response Time: Please keep in mind that the Moderators are also members like yourself. We would also want to have the time to make posts like yourself and discuss with our friends; and we also have a personal life. Meaning, we cannot be around to babysit the forum 24/7. Please allow a reasonable time frame of 48 hours before creating a hullabaloo and/or escalating the matter to the CMs/GMs. We try to address issues and respond to PMs and Reports as soon as we can get to them, but we request you to grant us some leverage as well. Instead of mass PMing it would appreciated if one person PM's the concerned DT with regards to the issue.

Global Moderator(s): *Shruti*Aahaanagk_09
Moderator(s): devashree_h , -Deepzz-
Viewbie: -RD-

In addition to the above mentioned section guidelines, at all times India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules  will be in effect.

We hereby hope that all of you will abide by these newly implemented rules as well as the previous set of rules- * Chat Clubs Rules & Regulations

We hope to have everyone's understanding.

Edited by AryaDrayCoByrne - 12 March 2015 at 9:48am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

severus1

AryaDrayCoByrne
AryaDrayCoByrne

Posted: 09 February 2015 at 11:00am | IP Logged

AryaDrayCoByrne - Arya
Pallavi25 - Pallavi
dabhlover - Deepika
ecrivain - EC/Ecri
FeistyQueen - Gayatri
dey.bh - Debby
Severus1 - Severus
suki11- Suki
anu rulz - Anu
Angela_Grokes - Angela
-Amri- - Amrutha
Dolly-heart - Dolly

And of course potentially you...send me a pm if you want to join.
Members, if I have missed out your name then like the post below.
Please don't like the post if your name is there, this will confuse your already confused CC admin LOL

Edited by AryaDrayCoByrne - 12 March 2015 at 9:49am
AryaDrayCoByrne
AryaDrayCoByrne

Posted: 09 February 2015 at 11:05am | IP Logged

CC Topic Lists For Reference 

Each week will usually have a designated letter and the topics can begin with that letter unless something else is being discussed.

Each Day has it's own topic reference to tell you what kind of topic you can discuss if you have nothing else to discuss. I will try my best to leave that for the day, I do get busy so it does not always work.  

Monday - Get your thinking cap on and solve the weekly Riddle/Puzzle set by me. It can also be a game day too - we will alternate. Please don't cheat and use the internet or anything to help you. I can't physically stop you but it defeats the game and detracts from the fun. You get till Sunday to solve it and I'll announce the winner. Smile

Tuesday - Get your geek on! Time to scour the net and books and find some cool and/or weird facts you can and share it with us. Definitely will get discussions going. Geek

Wednesday - You can discuss anything related with the natural world from space to oceans to animals etc.

Thursday - Find the funniest/cute/weird/sweet etc. picture you can to share with everyone. It can be a meme you made yourself or something you found. As they say laughing is a great stress buster for the midweek blues LOL

Please write underneath where you found it or who it belongs to if it is not your picture. For example I find a picture of a monkey juggling something from a website. Write the website. If I make a meme with the image then I'll credit the image and write down that I made the meme. Hope this clarifies it a bit else just leave a message and I'll try to explain again.

Friday - Movies/TV/Music from around the world. This one is pretty self explanatory so go nuts and we will discuss what we can to start the weekend. Big smile

Saturday - So this can be a topic free day, nice to have a balance and you can pretty much have an open discussion. As we know, we never stick to one topic so lets make the best of it. Embarrassed

Sunday - Getting back to the start of a new week we shall get serious and can discuss Books/Newspapers/World News/Science/Literature/History/Geography etc. Approve

So these will form the official topics of the CC and I will post the letter of the week. However, you can talk, rant, discuss, ask for a second opinion and a whole lot more.

Do not worry about not posting regularly or at not at all as it is completely  up to you when you post, we will always be happy to see you once again and chat the thread away with you. If however you do wish to no longer be a member do remind me so I am informed. Again, I write this only for information purposes. Smile

Leave me your ideas and suggestions and whether this is a good or terrible idea etc. Smile

Edited by AryaDrayCoByrne - 12 March 2015 at 9:50am
AryaDrayCoByrne
AryaDrayCoByrne

Posted: 09 February 2015 at 11:12am | IP Logged
The letter of the Week is K.

The puzzle of the week is a bit trickier but I think it will be good training for CID fans. As always, no cheating!Wink

After a local bungled heist, five suspects were being interviewed by the police.

Eventually the police managed to get a confession.

Below is a summary of their statements and it turns out that exactly 5 of these statements were true.

Would you make a good detective, try and work out who committed the crime?

Adrian said:
It wasn't Barry
It was Cedric

Barry said:
It wasn't Adrian
It was Derek

Cedric said:
It wasn't Derek
It wasn't Barry

Derek said:
It wasn't Eric
It was Adrian