ArHiOS- Shopping with my better half

Tanvi.Alison thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

The evening sky poured down and the rain drops pattered against the window panes. The fragrance of moist soil filled the air with its freshness, welcoming the monsoons. "Arnav please, listen na..." Khushi pulled the sleeve of his shirt, trying to draw his attention towards her. But Arnav did not budge as he was lost in his office work. It had been forty five minutes since Arnav said "Give me two minutes baby, I'll complete it within two minutes. Then we'll chit-chat" Khushi sat right next to him waiting patiently, while he stretched out his feet on the bed, resting the laptop on his thigh, with files scattered all round him. She pulled the sleeve again. "Arnav, if you cannot keep your word, why do you promise?" she said in a bit louder tone, and Arnav knew it was high time he wrapped his work up before his ever-so-loving wife turned into a raging tigress. "Okay baby, tell me. What happened?" he asked her as he gathered all the files and piled them on one side, and then pulled Khushi towards himself to make her sit on his lap.

Although initially surprised for a split-second at her husband's gesture, she was quite accustomed to it and began to fidget with the button of his shirt. "Arnav, two weeks later is our wedding anniversary, and you haven't even gifted me anything." She hit him on his chest and Arnav smiled at this child-like gesture. "Oh, so my wifey dear wants to go shopping, is it?" Khushi glared at him. "I have been reminding you since the past week that I want to go shopping. What are you behaving as though I am saying this for the first time?" Arnav decided it was best not to talk, for he was sure it would cause some petty fight. He instantly remembered his brother, Akaash's advice - "Bhai, once you're married, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. By default, only the husband says sorry" Immediately, he held both his ears and sweetly said a sorry. Khushi's anger melted like butter on fresh popcorn. "It's okay" she murmured as she hugged him, still seated on his lap. Arnav was amazed and smiled inwardly; Akaash was actually right. He broke the hug, and leaned in for a kiss, only to get a light pat on the cheek and earning the title "Badmaash" She rose from the bed and ran off to get ready and Arnav was left stunned at the quick reactions from his wife.

Arnav decided to drive himself instead of tagging the driver along. The weather was just perfect for a long romantic drive, but unfortunately for him, his wife was in the mood to shop. He had already called up Aman and asked him to follow up on the work that was to be completed that evening. After around fifteen minutes of driving around the block, they reached the boutique, and Khushi was super-excited about her shopping experience with her husband. They entered the showroom and were greeted by a salesperson, who wore a black badge with his name highlighted in white - Abhinav.

"Good evening Ma'am, Good evening Sir, How may I help you?" He greeted them politely, but fixed his eyes on Khushi. Arnav frowned at him, and had already taken to disliking him. "Yes, please show me some sarees. Preferably in blue" She said passing a glance to Arnav, since she knew blue was his favourite color. Arnav smiled at her, but his eyes were still fixed on the "over-friendly" sales guy. "Sure Ma'am, we have the latest collection. If I may ask, may I know the price range?" Arnav raised his eyebrows and took a step ahead. "My wife asked for sarees in blue. Price is not an issue. Please do what is asked" He spoke in a firm voice and the sales guy politely nodded his head, after which he turned around to pick blue sarees from the display shelves. Khushi hit him with her elbow. When Arnav asked her why she did that, she just frowned at him. Abhinav placed the pile of various shades of blue sarees in front of her. After around twenty minutes of confusion between the shades, and her discussion over the various aspects of the fabric, Khushi finalized on two sarees.

"Tell me na Arnav. Palatinate blue or Sapphire blue?" Arnav scratched his head in total confusion. He hadn't even known that blue could have so many shades, and to make it worse, his wife was asking him about shades whose names he hadn't known it existed. "Both are lovely Khushi, pack both" he said as he went back to checking mails on his phone. Khushi pouted at him. This Laad Governer of mine! I am asking for some help with the sarees of his favourite color, and he isn't even bothered. She went up to where he was standing, and pulled the phone from his hand, leaving Arnav surprised. "Khushi, give me my phone back. I was checking for mails from Mr. Ahuja from Mumbai" She whacked his arm, saying "I don't care whether you're waiting for a mail from Ahuja or Obama or Queen Elizabeth.  You're here with me now. So don't just stand there. Help me out." Arnav breathed a heavy sigh. "Khushi, both are nice. Go for both. Or if you are too confused between your million shades of blue, just pick something in black. That way, you don't have to worry about shades, right?"

A voice from behind her spoke aloud. "He's right, Khushi. Black suits you the best" Khushi and Arnav turned to see who had spoken to them. On seeing him, Khushi jumped in glee. "Oh my goodness, Varun?" she giggled and went towards him, as he too stepped forward towards her, leaving behind a perplexed Arnav. He gave her a side hug, enraging Arnav. "How are you, Varun?" "Oh I'm good. How about you, Snow White?" She giggled again, much to Arnav's annoyance, and patted his arm. "I'm good. You remember my nickname? Awww Varun, how sweet..." Arnav coughed and cleared his throat, and Khushi looked at him. "Oh Varun, meet Arnav Singh Raizada, my husband. And Arnav, this is Varun Sehgal, my college friend." Arnav shook hands, but did not return the smile to Varun. "Pleasure meeting you, Mr. Raizada" he said, and even before Arnav could respond to him, Khushi continued talking to him. After a brief chit chat, Khushi told Varun about their anniversary in two weeks, and even invited him to the party. Arnav, as usual, stayed mum, wondering why how could she randomly invite just anyone to the party.

"You should definitely go for Black, Khushi. It is your color. Plus, the color complements your complexion, and you look damn good in white. Or else, why would we people nickname you Snow-White?" She grinned as she agreed with Varun on picking black, and Arnav too gave his consent when she looked at him. Just when she was about to look for more sarees, Varun said, "Aren't you bored of sarees? I mean, I've seen you in saree only once, that too during the traditional day in college. And you could hardly manage it. Why don't you opt for some gown, instead of a saree? It would look more graceful" Khushi seemed to love the idea, whereas Arnav's blood boiled every second. This did not go unnoticed by her, and she decided to play along, as she loved this new possessive and jealous side of Arnav.

She walked up to the counter and asked for some black evening wear, and within a few seconds, numerous party gowns were presented before her. She picked one and looked at Arnav, after Varun voiced out his opinion "Stunning" on the dress. Just when she was about to thank Varun, he had to excuse himself to attend the phone call. Khushi picked the dress and walked towards the trial room, only to be followed by Arnav. Just when she was about to enter the changing room, he pulled her by her arm and she collided against his chest.

"What?" she questioned him. He flared his nostrils in annoyance. "Exactly Khushi. What? What is happening? First that sales fellow behaves all friendly, and now this Varun guy? Who is this Varun, anyway? I have never heard of any such college friend from you till now? And who is he to tell you what to wear. Okay, he suggested something. What is the need to agree with his suggestions? And why black? Are you going to be mourning on our anniversary? Then why wear black? Moreover, I do not like you wearing black. I like blue. And you are going to be wearing only blue. And what is with the craze of wearing a gown? We came here to buy you a saree, and that is exactly what we are buying." Khushi loved the way Arnav spoke, for she knew he was burning with jealousy. She pouted and replied, "I already have too many sarees in blue. I have only one in black. Moreover, I'm bored of this routine. I want to do something different for us on our special occasion." On hearing her statement, Arnav gave her a naughty grin, and Khushi could predict what was on his mind. She stopped him from leaning close to her and said, "By special, I meant to go on a candlelight dinner or something romantic like that. Not what is on your mind" "Baby, I was also talking about romance" She hit him playfully on his arm. "Okay fine. I will wear a blue saree. Happy?" and Arnav beamed with happiness - a huge male ego satisfaction that was written right across his face, that his wife valued his opinion more than that college-friend of hers. "But can I at least try this dress? Please Arnav?" After a few moments of thought, he nodded his head in a yes. "When you're done, let me know. You need not come out. I'll come in" he ordered her after she went inside to change. "Why?" she asked as she undid her saree to wear the gown. He replied in all honesty, "I do not want anyone else to see how gorgeous you would look in that black dress. Your beauty is only for me to relish, not for anyone else's eyes." Khushi was deeply moved as she felt the depth of those words. After five minutes, she called out to Arnav, who swiftly got inside the room.

His heart skipped a few beats as he saw her. The spaghetti-strapped knee-length dress hugged her figure like second skin. "Beautiful" he whispered as he studied her gorgeous features. She blushed, as he took lazy steps towards her. "Arnav..." she stopped him at an arm's distance, causing him to snap out of his trance. "We are in a changing room. People can hear us" He smiled and unwillingly distanced himself.

He stepped out and passed her an intense gaze. She blushed, shutting the door to change into her saree. Five minutes later, she came out with the dress in hand. She went to the counter and placed the gown, picking up a Royal blue saree with silver thread work on it. Varun came back to where they stood. "Sorry, wife's call! I wanted to pick something up for her and she just called to make sure that my choice is good." He noticed Khushi asking the sales-guy to pack the blue saree. "So, finally blue saree, eh?" she looked at Arnav and grinned with a slight blush. "Blue it is" she whispered. Bidding bye to Varun, Arnav and Khushi went to the billing counter downstairs.

"Here you go Sir" a female sales-person handed over two bags to him, leaving Khushi surprised. After billing it, they proceeded towards their car. It had stopped raining, and the sky was adorned with a beautiful crown of a rainbow. "What's in the other two bags?" she asked him as he sat inside. He smiled at her and asked to see for herself. She opened the bag and saw the same black gown she tried that evening. She looked at him in question. "I thought you did not want me to wear this!" he turned towards her and cupped her face. "I did not want you to wear this in front of anyone other than me. And when you looked so stunning, I couldn't resist myself from buying it" she gave him an Awww look and kissed him on his cheek.

"What's in the other bag?" she questioned him, as she placed the gown aside and took the other bag in her hand, "Lingerie" came the quick reply from him. She widened her eyes and then whacked his hand, as he smiled. When she opened the bag, she was shocked. Sheer fabric in two pieces along with a pair of garters! "Arnav" she almost pierced his eardrum with a shocking scream. "You actually went and asked for this?" He shrugged his shoulders, and this time she whacked his arm real hard. "What's wrong in buying some lingerie for my wife? I knew your size. I bought it. Simple." She cupped her mouth in shock. This man was unbelievable. "Baby, the saree and gown was your gift for the anniversary." And he traced her arm, saying in a more serious tone "My gift is right here, next to me. I want nothing else. Just you for the rest of my life" Her eyes now turned moist. She mentally thanked God for such a caring and loving husband, and prayed that they stayed happy till the end of time. And then suddenly she hugged him. He hugged her back. "Although, I would want my gift to be wrapped only with this" he said, pointing to the bag containing the lingerie. "Arnav.." she whispered against his chest, and broke the hug shyly. He winked at her and started the engine of the vehicle to proceed home. One thing they both knew for sure. Arnav wasn't going to wait till the anniversary date to unwrap and savour his gift from his choice of wrapping.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sman thumbnail
first res.. :-)
PLeaseee continue this OS and let Arnav wrap his gift..pleaseee

what a lovely OS..simply loved the jealous Arnav
Edited by sman - 9 years ago
-Roshini- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome shot 😊.
Aahha possessive arnav πŸ˜‰ .can we Have part 2 of this 😳 Edited by Rohinid - 9 years ago
Tanvi.Alison thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rohinid

Awesome shot 😊.
Aahha possessive arnav πŸ˜‰ .can we Have part 2 of this 😳

Thanks a lot Rohini πŸ˜Š

Part two? Hmm... and what do you suggest we read in part two? πŸ˜³
Tanvi.Alison thumbnail

thank you so much πŸ˜³
MeghaBis thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 7
Arnav is so naughty!!!!!... loved the jealous arnav... 
Loved the os...
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
A great OS. Interesting watching a jealous ASR coerced into mundane activities like shopping by his wife!

Best,
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
he is cute when so possessive about her
first that sales guy
and then her friend
am sure he wont wait for a week to unwrap her from the lingerie he bought for her
he didnt want anyone else but him to see her in that gown
snow white huh
basriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome shot tanvi..Jus loved it..
surrazdan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
emotional.. beautiful yet naughty..