AnSh AT #260 - *Mujh Mein Tu, Tu Hi Tu Basa* - Page 4

Posted: 9 years ago
I don't think Shiv will be brought back. BV is gone beyond TRPs.
Public demand will not work because it is the channel and PH decided to do away with the character.

So they will tell the story they want to tell and then shut down.
I think we need to accept the fact

One more thing there was an interview with the channel CEO - they look at audience pattern and see the correlate with channel content at various time slots.
As soon as they can get a show that can air at 8PM they will end BV.

It is Anandi and her Dadisa from now on till the end the story of little girl and an old lady both walking the path together.

Shiv will be there in her memories.

Story of young Kalyani Devi revisited through Anandi's struggles.
Edited by aparnauma - 9 years ago
If they intend to show BV only till a suitable replacement is found, then yes. In that case they could have ended in December on a happy note, and showed the viewers Making of BV, behind the scenes research, viewers reactions, how this serial impacted the whole nation, till end Jan.

But if they intend to drag it till end of this year, then there should be another leap of 20 years or so, with Anandi's grown up daughter.

I know its wishful thinking that Shiv will be back, hopefully, Shiv will not be missed much once the story takes a proper direction after the leap.

They killed Shiv for their story and not for TRPs or not because the actor wanted to quit.

I think it was decided way back in October.

They want to show that women can make it without the help of men in the society they want to show strong self reliant women and they are doing that in every show of theirs.Bringing in twists to make married women single in every show of theirs.

There has been a story circulating for quite a long time since Shiv entered.That Shiv will either leave Anandi or die.

They knew very well that so called public loved to see Anandi and Shiv and yet they killed Shiv so it is obvious public demand is not going to work.

I think they always stuck to their original story no matter what even if they ceded to public demand and TRPs but eventually told the story they always wanted to tell,

Chote Anandi Jagya were supposed to last only for 3 months or so but they lasted for almost 2 years because of which JA friendship looked strong.
Gauri was supposed to be a cameo where she was supposed to make him aware what he wanted in a woman and then leave - but she lasted for 2 years because public liked it.

Shiv was supposed to give her all the love and leave her and that's what he did and this also went on for longer than intended simply because public liked it.

They ceded to public demand long enough and the story is stagnating so they are gong back to their own story

Public demand will work only to an extent with BV.Thye may run a few tracks for a longer time but they didn't change the story for public.
Did the writers have Shiv as a character in their original story ?  Becuase I went through the same dilemma when Jagya and Anandi got divorced. At that time, I really coudn't appreciate Shiv's entry, I felt it was a bollywood twist being given, wanted Anandi to walk the tough path alone. Look at me, I am hoping for one now !
As much I know, the serials have a progressive evolution of the story  while sticking to the core theme, they don't follow a predefined script from start to finish.

1.The fact that Balak var and Balika vadhu were never ever intended to be re united by the writer
2.Saccha pyar was never meant to be a permanent fixture in Balak Var's life
3.Now the light going away from Balika Vadhu's life

Balika Vadhu could replace Balak Var from her memory because he was never ever intended to be her Var but the man who was with her for only short while but will remain for ever because he came at the right time of her life. and loved her like a man loves a woman and gave her enough love to last not for just one life but many more
The same Balak Var who could be so easily be replaced as a husband but can never be forgotten as a friend because the friendships formed in childhood stay with you for ever.Just like her Saccha pyar for her prince charming stays for ever.

It is her saccha pyar which stays with forever even if he is not there in the world but continues to breathe life into her her friend will support her against the world
Edited by aparnauma - 9 years ago
Anandi had saccha pyar even for the Balak Var but it was an unrequited love.
Yes, Shiv had true love FOR Anandi, hence snatched away from her.

Anyways, Anandi is a mother of three kids now, and that takes priority over every other relationship. Atleast by making Amol stay with Anandi, the writers have been kind to her.

Edited by tellygeek - 9 years ago
At that time when Anandi had been discarded in favour of another, she deemed herself to be in love with the Balak Var, not because she was but because she did not know otherwise. Because that is what had been drummed into her head. He is your husband and you are bound to him for life through all your laughter and tears.

At that time even I had wanted her to do something with her life by herself. She would have done too, but would have all the time felt incomplete as a woman who was unable to keep her man happy. She would have found fault in herself. The emptyness we see in her eyes today because she misses her husband who loved her so much, we would have seen then because she would have felt unfulfilled as a woman.

Shiv healed her, showed her that she was never at fault, returned her self-esteem back to her, made her feel complete as a woman and as a human being.

Let us see what happens now..
Originally posted by tellygeek

Anandi had saccha pyar even for the Balak Var but it was an unrequited love.
Yes, Shiv had true love FOR Anandi, hence snatched away from her.

Anyways, Anandi is a mother of three kids now, and that takes priority over every other relationship. Atleast by making Amol stay with Anandi, the writers have been kind to her.

Did she love him like she loves Shiv? No way.
What Anandi feels for Shiv is way different from what she felt for Balak Var
She loved him as a friend enough to put her life at risk for him but did she know anything about a relationship between man and woman when she was his wife?.

Don't think the two can ever be compared

Balak Var was occupying a place in her life which was actually meant for some one else.That's why when the man intended for her came that place got filled up.
Balak Var has been shifted to his rightful place family/friend and not life partner or life mate.
She loved him the same way she loved her other family members like Sumi Bhairon and Dadisa.
Arti - All your points are very good and I am in agreement..
But she did love Jagya deeply, that can't be denied.
Even with Shiv, she totally fell in love with him only once he became her husband.
Ofcourse she became a complete woman with Shiv. All I am sayng is that she gave her best to both the men. Her relationship with Shiv became extraordinary because of how Shiv treated her.
And this emptyness in her eyes does pinch a lot.

Originally posted by RTee

At that time when Anandi had been discarded in favour of another, she deemed herself to be in love with the Balak Var, not because she was but because she did not know otherwise. Because that is what had been drummed into her head. He is your husband and you are bound to him for life through all your laughter and tears.

At that time even I had wanted her to do something with her life by herself. She would have done too, but would have all the time felt incomplete as a woman who was unable to keep her man happy. She would have found fault in herself. The emptyness we see in her eyes today because she misses her husband who loved her so much, we would have seen then because she would have felt unfulfilled as a woman.

Shiv healed her, showed her that she was never at fault, returned her self-esteem back to her, made her feel complete as a woman and as a human being.

Let us see what happens now..
I couldn't have put it better..

She just thought she was in love with him and also she being she gave her all to the relationship that was foisted on her - marriage.
I would have been quite happy if the show ended with her being the sarpanch of the village.
I too wanted her to make something of her life and she did.
The only reason why I wanted a man in her life was to show that she was worthy enough to be wife of a man who valued her for what she is.That too because of the way she was treated by her first husband.

She should know that she can make a man happy.

Of course I also wanted to see Balak Var on his knees begging her to be taken back and she walking away😃
Most of my wishes were fulfilled.