Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

Why is everyone so concerned about her outfit and style? What about the praise she's been getting for Mardaani over and over again? She's getting praised for her work, but not getting the recognition in India that she rightfully deserves.

Even Vidya gets the same flak. If I were you I wouldn't worry about the fashion criticism. It's easy to to hire a stylists and look good. But not easy to be a great actor. People are appreciating her in Mardaani. Just be happy for that. Don't let the criticism  get to you. Rani is a wonderful actor. Some people are made too look pretty all the time some to have real talent. 

I think she looks great. Some people I think have a problem with her because she's not thin. But beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. If she wants to wear dress that isn't made for her  body size..then by all means do. I think women should wear whatever they want to wear... And she is rocking it. Love her attitude and confidence. 
Edited by QueenExpression - 9 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Enycedoll

please dont be so blind in your love...i love her also. shes my FAV actress. But its OK to discuss style when you see pictures, especially that of an actor. Its a complete package the audience accept...you cant be a great actress and then dress like crap and think to get away with it. 

Style should be discussed when necessary ... like when you go for a wedding or even a grand movie premiere (not this type of premiere). There are certain events where style and fashion most certainly should be discussed. And I am not blind in my love...I have criticized her when appropriate. 

'You can't be a great actress and then dress like crap and think to get away with it.'

^^ Really? What kind of statement is that...and what's the correlation of being a good actress and your fashion sense?
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: QueenExpression

Even Vidya gets the same flak. If I were you I wouldn't worry about the fashion criticism. It's easy to to hire a stylists and look good. But not easy to be a great actor. People are appreciating her in Mardaani. Just be happy for that. Don't let the criticism  get to you. Rani is a wonderful actor. Some people are made too look pretty all the time some to have real talent. 

I think she looks great. Some people I think have a problem with her because she's not thin. But beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. If she wants to wear dress that isn't made for body size..I think women should wear whatever they want to wear... And she is rocking it. Love her attitude and confidence. 

I am guilty as charged when it comes to commenting on Viday's fashion sense. But I remember an interview of hers where she said she just takes in the criticism and wears whatever she feels is comfortable. And all the power to her for that. It's the work of an actor that matters and that does not correlate or should not correlate with fashion sense. I'm not worrying about the fashion criticism...everyone has a right to do that, but by doing that people shouldn't forget the point of the thread which is the praise Rani's been getting for her role in Mardaani. Rani isn't the ideal '0 figure, fair beauty.' She's dark, she's a bit on the chubby size...she's more like an average day to day person. Some outfits will look pathetic on her and make us think what in God's name made her decide to wear that...and other outfits will look really good. But if the actor feels good in what they're wearing...well so be it. I don't think there is a single actress in Bollywood who ALWAYS chooses the best fashion. The closet person is Sonam...most of her events she dresses well. But no one else.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

Rani Mukerji was in Poland today for the premiere of her film 'Mardaani' that opened to rave reviews there.

She didn't go for the expected Indian route and rather gave us a surprise in a Burberry dress.

She styled her black Burberry Fall 2013 sheath dress, that had a metal neck detail, with a black coat. An embellished clutch, metal band shoes and an updo rounded her look out.

She looked fabooosh! Would love to see her dress up more!

CREDITS: VIRAL BHAYANI
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

Style should be discussed when necessary ... like when you go for a wedding or even a grand movie premiere (not this type of premiere). There are certain events where style and fashion most certainly should be discussed. And I am not blind in my love...I have criticized her when appropriate. 

'You can't be a great actress and then dress like crap and think to get away with it.'

^^ Really? What kind of statement is that...and what's the correlation of being a good actress and your fashion sense?

its called being a saleable package. style MATTERS. Its about being visually appealing to the public. 

Its a premier, styel can DEF be discussed and is discussed. im sorry you feel otherwise, but thats just how it works. not just here, but everywhere. 
Edited by Enycedoll - 9 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: QueenExpression

There is a nicer way to say that than call her blind. Just because she's a different fan than you doesn't mean your better than her and she is blind and your fair. 

That was certainly not my intention. My apologies @cutiepierani. My choice words couodve been better. 
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Enycedoll

its called being a saleable package. style MATTERS. Its about being visually appealing to the public. 

Its a premier, styel can DEF be discussed and is discussed. im sorry you feel otherwise, but thats just show it works. not just here, but everywhere. 

Agreed that style can DEF be discussed, but style and fashion has NOTHING to do with an actor's or actress's acting ability. So I don't see any correlation between a good actor and their fashion sense. In that case there is not one person who can be a complete 'saleable package' in your words. Cause at one event they can have the best fashion ever, but then at another event they can look the most pathetic ever.
kingmessi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hope it's okay to add these here:

Rani in a Polish TV Morning talk show Dzien Dobry TVN:

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
^ I was just about to add those! lol. Thank you!
Damn those glasses. ðŸ˜³