Aakujaveer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Is January just a bad month for movies in general? No movie has shaked up the box office this month. Is it because of PK fever? Or have the movies just been really bad? BUT I heard BABY is an excellent film, not sure how well its actually doing at the box office. 
Is it like this every year? Or is it just beyond normal this year? 

What are your thoughts? Please share. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
It's a bad month in general, but we have seen few hits and marginal hits
Basically only 2 clean hits in the last 6 years in the month of Jan so it's a bad month

2009-Raaz
2011-YPD-Hit
2012-Agneepath-super hit
2013-race2-semi hit
2014-Jaiho-semi hit

atominis thumbnail
Depends on films.

Otherwise Deewar, KNPH, RDB, new Agneepath are all super hit films that released in January and made good records.

Blaming the month itself is pointless. Film should have good content, stars or music or inspire craze and it will do well.

The only truly bad months for films in India IMO are Feb and March as it is exam time in all colleges and schools across the country.
Aakujaveer thumbnail
I see, I guess the biggie filmmakers just don't want to put their bets on the month, otherwise IF there is no aamir khan film going on, NEw YEARs weekend would be a prime time to release a movie. Lets see what happens next year for that Friday. 

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

It's a bad month in general, but we have seen few hits and marginal hits

Basically only 2 clean hits in the last 6 years in the month of Jan so it's a bad month

2009-Raaz
2011-YPD-Hit
2012-Agneepath-super hit
2013-race2-semi hit
2014-Jaiho-semi hit

You can add 'No One Killed Jessica' (2011) to that, semi hit
Edited by F.M.D. - 9 years ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
last i know that agneepath 2012 was  superhit 
last quarter is worst for bollywood. Everybody knows that. If they bring out films like Tevar and Dolly Ki Doly it won't help at all. 
Aakujaveer thumbnail
Why can't they release a PK in January, I still feel like it would do wonders regardless. IT was such a great film. But yea I guess economically speaking, they wanted the 300 cr. LOL.