Behind every successful star is a 'PR' - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by chocolover89

So,  Deepika has 2 PR's?  No wonder people get irritated. 

NailClipper posted this last week in the CC thread.

Crystal was right. Spice PR (Headed by Shilpa Handa and Prabhat Choudhary) do Deepika's publicity. DP's management agency (Kwan) also do their part of publicity for her. 

Spice PR + Kwan's 'dhindora' = PR overdrive  

Its client list also includes individual actors, many of whom are also handled by talent management agencies such as Kwan and Bling. Deepika Padukone, for instance, is a client who signed up after Break Ke Baad in 2010.
Padukone, the reigning queen of the box office, was in the midst of a series of flops at the time, but in the eyes of her PR representatives (and the media that bought the line), she was the future No. 1.
"I realized when I first met her that we were sitting opposite an extremely brave girl," Choudhary said. "Looking at her, we needed to back the fundamentals even though she was in the middle of a bad patch." Word went out about a young achiever, born to a famous father (former badminton player Prakash Padukone) and the owner of an apartment at a young age, until success caught up with the manufactured image.

https://www.livemint.com/Consumer/dPBQFifgOBbNurJpv7LiwN/For-filmmakers-PRs-the-rising-star.html

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4203466?pn=143

Edited by touch_of_pink - 9 years ago
Originally posted by fivestars

lol the people who r celebrating on Obama's mentioning srk ...should read this article...there is PR behind every star...

Srk was faster than Salman.. Salman's "mai ek baar commitment karta hu to Obama ke bareme nahi sochta hu"... got on back burner. 😆

Thank god Ranveer is his own PR 😆 or his yrf PR is almost not influential. ... ab duniya ka kaunsa PR bandra chowk mai jaake krish costume mai dance karna sikhayega, batao batao.
Originally posted by touch_of_pink

NailClipper posted this last week in the CC thread.

Crystal was right. Spice PR (Headed by Shilpa Handa and Prabhat Choudhary) do Deepika's publicity. DP's management agency (Kwan) also do their part of publicity for her. 

Spice PR + Kwan's 'dhindora' = PR overdrive  

Its client list also includes individual actors, many of whom are also handled by talent management agencies such as Kwan and Bling. Deepika Padukone, for instance, is a client who signed up after Break Ke Baad in 2010.
Padukone, the reigning queen of the box office, was in the midst of a series of flops at the time, but in the eyes of her PR representatives (and the media that bought the line), she was the future No. 1.
"I realized when I first met her that we were sitting opposite an extremely brave girl," Choudhary said. "Looking at her, we needed to back the fundamentals even though she was in the middle of a bad patch." Word went out about a young achiever, born to a famous father (former badminton player Prakash Padukone) and the owner of an apartment at a young age, until success caught up with the manufactured image.

https://www.livemint.com/Consumer/dPBQFifgOBbNurJpv7LiwN/For-filmmakers-PRs-the-rising-star.html

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4203466?pn=143

Haha when it comes to PR, NC is the bible!  😆

But this definitely explains why everyone is frustrated with DP's PR.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

But its not because of his PR..Its the effect of reading/ watching his interviews ( the last few years) and Big Boss ( where he can be a real jerk at times but i think he is very charismatic as a host)..Salman is kickass as a host so that has played a major role in making me like him 😆
keh kar leli tm ne rogar 😉
i become his fan after watching dabangg in 2011 👏 pr kia hota ha wo yahan pata chala 😆
loved him in dus ka dum too tho and sky ke dhulai in season 5 was final nail in the coffin 😆
Edited by MaNeBhiPyarKiya - 9 years ago
PR plays a role to the success.There are other things too.Box office performance is the biggest one.Then there is attracting persona.
No PR can make me like anyone. The people I like are Kajol, Nargis,  SRK, Salman, Ranbir, Raj Kapoor and Ranveer. I will be the first to admit they are not that great looking, their personal lives are umm..interesting and they are not great people. But I like them because I have had a visceral reaction to them the first time I saw them on screen, be it TV or a big screen. For some, I was a child, others grown. Raj Kapoor and Nargis were not even alive when I discovered them. For me to see someone on screen, even free I need to like them. No PR can make that happen for me, only their actions on big or small screen. 
I don't look towards movie stars and sport stars to be faithful, they are not my SO. I don't care if they are arrogant, you need arrogance to propel you on the top of BW IMO. I don't really care if they do charity, their views on politics and so on. What I care is how I feel when I see them on screen. And that has led me to see some shitty movies especially for SRK and Salman lately, but there is no one else I'd have to entertain me than the two of them.😳
Originally posted by CeaselessBanter

No PR can make me like anyone. The people I like are Kajol, Nargis,  SRK, Salman, Ranbir, Raj Kapoor and Ranveer. I will be the first to admit they are not that great looking, their personal lives are umm..interesting and they are not great people. But I like them because I have had a visceral reaction to them the first time I saw them on screen, be it TV or a big screen. For some, I was a child, others grown. Raj Kapoor and Nargis were not even alive when I discovered them. For me to see someone on screen, even free I need to like them. No PR can make that happen for me, only their actions on big or small screen. 
I don't look towards movie stars and sport stars to be faithful, they are not my SO. I don't care if they are arrogant, you need arrogance to propel you on the top of BW IMO. I don't really care if they do charity, their views on politics and so on. What I care is how I feel when I see them on screen. And that has led me to see some shitty movies especially for SRK and Salman lately, but there is no one else I'd have to entertain me than the two of them.😳

1+
Originally posted by CeaselessBanter

Bingo 👏
Though I may differ on the stars that created the magic for me I agree totally with the feelings. No Prgiri will ever work for me ..it is the star who casts the spell the first time you watch on screen. My all time favourite is Nutan and she belongs to an era when there were no such PR people.
Salmans PR is the same as KATRINA, since some keep bringing up ms shetty..
On topic i agree with others nobodys pr can make me like them , that i do on my own!! 
Edited by wat_up - 9 years ago