Beautiful Anandi scenes

rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
(sorry paras got repeated because i was writing from phone)

I don't know why people are complaining. I found Anandi's controlled crying very poignant and beautiful. People seem to have forgotten what she said soon after he died and she learnt he was going to get full state cremation. She said he had died a martyr and it would be an insult to his shahadat, bravery and valour to cry. She ordered people not to cry and went to the cremation, determined to be with her heroic, fearless and patriotic husband on his last journey. She said she wanted her unborn babies to see off their father. She said Shiv would always be with her and their children and not allow any harm to come to them.

Throughout she was tearful but did not wail loudly as she wanted to respect her husband's extraordinary life and sacrifice.

I think it is very important to correlate her words with her action. She told Amol Shiv would always be around to guide him. andani's conversation with Shiv's photo scene and her scene with Amol were superbly executed. I found them deeply moving. Anandi was crying throughout but was also being very brave.

They showed many things in today's episode. Anandi rejecting the widow'd garb and being Shiv's Anandi in every way.  She does not see Shiv as dead; she sees him as her shadow, a constant reassuring presence in her life. I also liked it that Ira spoke about a martyr's wife never becoming a widow. Very nice line.

I found all of Anandi's scenes very beautiful. Her remembering Shiv repeatedly. Her putting bindi even as she remembered him putting it on her forehead. 

BV again showed how different it is from other hyper, melodramatic serials. DB was probably necessary to underscore A's resolute courage and determination in the face of extreme adversity.

Even Daddu was very good. He is an army man and will not insult the bravery of his remarkably brave grandson.by crying loudly. I remember Kavita Karkare, widow of Hemant Karkare who perished in the 26/11 terrorist strike similarly full of dignity and composure. . Wives of martyrs conduct themselves with dignity befitting the memory of the husband.

Edited by rohini55 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
True.
CVs did give us beautiful scenes of Anandi which told us how much she misses her Shiv and how she is determined to make his life and sacrifice worthwhile despite going through great pain and experiencing sense of loss.

All  Anandi scemes have been so beautifully written and executed well.They filled up my eyes with tears.

Subtle scenes are sometimes more hard hitting than the scenes where emotions are expressed in a loud manner.

SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Society expects widow to cry bitterly - especially in films and serials. But, there cannot be a fixed norm how one should react in such situations - some go numb, some cry their heart out, some control according to situation etc. So, I don't have any complaint in this regard, in fact - I liked this controlled grieving. 
But at the same time, I find it biased when people say they can connect with Anandi's grief and not with Shakhers - Anandi is the lead, so she will get FBs and footage - Shakhers are just support cast and will be treated accordingly. So, I don't find Shakhers indifferent (towards Shiv's death) - creatives are giving understated grieving for all Shakhers including Anandi. 
tellygeek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I could relate to Anandi and Amol's grief, it was subtle and aptly supported by FBs of Shiv.
Perhaps, if other Shekhars were also shown with FBs of their interactions with Shiv, it would have  made a deeper impact on the viewers.

Shivraj Shekhar was no ordinary man, his death has impacted the viewers deeply.
So somewhere I expected to witness a crushing impact on the Shekhars.

Anandi is a proud widow, but it can't be denied that she has lost such a pure, celestial blissful, once in a lifetime happiness with Shiv. Her yet to be born kids will be fatherless !
The depth of this tragedy, a man who was in front of their eyes a couple of hours back is no more to be seen ever in their lifetime, which is so well understood and felt by us is being sorely missed onscreen due to bad direction and editing, my personal opinion.

Ms.Kavita Karkare was a brave and noble lady. She also had grown up kids to support her through that difficult time. And only her immediate family knows what she would have gone through and how she would have dealt with the sudden tragedy. To the outside world, she did put up a brave front. The family donated her organs after she was dead, both husband and wife did great service to our society, I salute them.

Well, I don't want to see any loud crying scenes, but something is amiss, being rushed.
It seems CVs want the viewers NOT to ruminate about Shiv's death, rather immediately get concerned about DB's tortures.

Edited by tellygeek - 9 years ago
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I was ok with everyone's pain and grief, but DB's politics clouded everyone's grief. 
Mourning can be done in various ways, and I personally do not like the loud crying. In my POV, Shekhars have accepted Shiv's death and are proud of it, even though they have lost Shiv's physical presence from their lives.

What bothered me completely was DB's presence and her politics. It clouded my mind so much that I could not feel anyone's grief including Anandi's. 

It all felt rushed just because DB's antics and Anoop's possessiveness were inserted. And I think DB's presence / politics was the reason why Shekhars also could not have peaceful mourning. Otherwise daddu, Alok-Ira, Amol, Anandi, and Meenu all showed their pain in right proportion. 

DSa and Jagya were awesome. Dsa was shattered to see that her ladli's fairy tale like life has suddenly come to an end, while J was genuinely concerned for Anandi and her life ahead. 

Anoop was still wondering on how to 'exercise' his rights instead of feeling the loss and DB was already planning on how to take advantage of the opportunity. 
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful post.

Anandi scenes since Shiv's exit have been written and executed with great efforts and it shows on screen.

When she received the news about his incident she was sure that nothing can happen to Shiv and nothing can separate him from her. Shiv's words in hospital hit her hard, and her feelings there were of disbelief, hurt, then an immense shock and pain.

Had it not been Shiv's assurance to her, she would have been totally collapsed and unable to regain herself even after days. But because Shiv kind of prepared her for the inevitable future, she was a lot composed during his rituals. She was shattered inside but she put a brave face since she knew her husband has scarified his life for a noble cause. All these emotions were portrayed perfectly by Toral.

As for Shekhars, their scenes were rushed a bit. In fact all scenes from Monday, including Singhs were rushed, (I felt only Dadisa looked like she got a big unexpected shock). CVs weren't willing to spend time to show every Shekhar family member mourning separately. They skipped scenes immediately after bringing the body home, and directly went into rituals.

I feel CVs don't want to take a risk in showing Anandi sad and crying for days without Shiv, as viewers may find it difficult to see- they were so used to see a happy Anandi with Shiv. So CVs are rushing this phase and want to take a leap soon to show their whatsoever track.
Awfulggt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rohini55

(sorry paras got repeated because i was writing from phone)

I don't know why people are complaining. I found Anandi's controlled crying very poignant and beautiful. People seem to have forgotten what she said soon after he died and she learnt he was going to get full state cremation. She said he had died a martyr and it would be an insult to his shahadat, bravery and valour to cry. She ordered people not to cry and went to the cremation, determined to be with her heroic, fearless and patriotic husband on his last journey. She said she wanted her unborn babies to see off their father. She said Shiv would always be with her and their children and not allow any harm to come to them.

Throughout she was tearful but did not wail loudly as she wanted to respect her husband's extraordinary life and sacrifice.

I think it is very important to correlate her words with her action. She told Amol Shiv would always be around to guide him. andani's conversation with Shiv's photo scene and her scene with Amol were superbly executed. I found them deeply moving. Anandi was crying throughout but was also being very brave.

They showed many things in today's episode. Anandi rejecting the widow'd garb and being Shiv's Anandi in every way.  She does not see Shiv as dead; she sees him as her shadow, a constant reassuring presence in her life. I also liked it that Ira spoke about a martyr's wife never becoming a widow. Very nice line.

I found all of Anandi's scenes very beautiful. Her remembering Shiv repeatedly. Her putting bindi even as she remembered him putting it on her forehead. 

BV again showed how different it is from other hyper, melodramatic serials. DB was probably necessary to underscore A's resolute courage and determination in the face of extreme adversity.

Even Daddu was very good. He is an army man and will not insult the bravery of his remarkably brave grandson.by crying loudly. I remember Kavita Karkare, widow of Hemant Karkare who perished in the 26/11 terrorist strike similarly full of dignity and composure. . Wives of martyrs conduct themselves with dignity befitting the memory of the husband.

A very good post Rohini. Exactly my feelings. 

I really really hope the CV's continue this way with Anandi. So glad that she believes what she is saying - that Shiv is with her! The bhindi scene says it all. 

DB is acting like any other conservative relative who makes sure the widow remembers her sad state all the time. Questions have to be raised to get the right answers. I'm okay with DB coming inbetween talking about tradition, as long as there is someone to shut her up. I hope Daddu and Ira remain strong in shutting her. And I so wish to see anandi speaking up when needed. 

Edit:
@bold - Yes am sure there would be rona dhona for weeks together in any other serial. BV makers did prove once again that they are different.
Edited by The_Alchemist. - 9 years ago
rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Alchemist, Rushmee and Aparna

I think we have got so used to OTT stuff that we are kind of stumped it can be any other way.  Anandi's is a complex reaction. Shiv was everything to her. Her last words to him were that she loved him. 

So she is shattered that he's gone.. But she also knows that for Shiv, his principles and duty come first. In that respect they are both very similar. 

If Anandi had to choose between dying for a cause and staying back for her family, she would have done  the former. And Shiv would have been immensely proud of her!

So on the one hand there is her grief. On the other, there is Shiv's supreme sacrifice and his reassuring words that he would always be there for her. He took away their story with him, and he left his comforting, reassuring words as his legacy to her. He wanted her to be strong, stronger than what she has been so far.

Had Anandi wailed and screamed, she would have disrespected her life with him. She would have dishonoured the memory of a man who put his duty and country above his own needs.

There is very sweet deal between them. He died for the country but he took away Ansh's story, related to him by his precious wife, with him as his last possession. She let him go, but is living with his memories, his words and his assurance that he would always be around her.  

It is a beautiful love story and I thank BV for giving it to us -- though I have a hundred complaints about a 100 things.  I don't think we will ever see this again on TV.  A story of deep, abiding love, with no misunderstanding ever but only complete understanding -- till the end and after the end.

Yes DB spoilt it . She should have been shut up with Ira's powerful reply that a martyr's  wife does not become a widow. There should have been no further debate on it. DB should have been shown feeling stupid and small. Instead they dragged it out thereby spoiling Ira's beautiful words. 

I salute Ira -- she lost a son too but look at the dignity with which she protected her daughter-in-law.