Debate Mansion

Is suicide the only solution to any problem? - Page 2

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: samridhigoodiez

Is suicide the only solution to any problem or its a run away means? a lady committed suicide in my neighbourhood leaving her two kids behind just now. Her kids are young . I don't know what to say but I m really feeling bad for her kids..They are too young..

What a tragedy.
Either she went insane or suffered a serious setback.
Not everyone has a strong mind to overcome and understand matters, but sometimes it can be pretty hard when times are bad... worse the mind makes a mountain  out of a mole hill too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sad story. A lot of children commit suicide due to bad academic results and many a times it was not due to their own fault. ðŸ˜”
At times it was an error, lack of familial support or own anxiety due to various reasons that led to the harsh step.
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is sad to hear the story of Pinki Chauhan. Here one can clearly see that Pinki could not get the compassion, gentleness, tenderness and understanding from her parents or any other elders. What would have been the case if her parents had been more compassionate, understanding and loving to her? Probably they would have encouraged her to study more and do well in life. She was pained when the elders put pressure on her. 

A typical story in films will be this type of girl finds a young man, who has all the compassion, care, gentleness, tenderness and understanding towards her and he is with her, present to her and available to her, helps her fulfill her dreams, rebels against the college authorities to get her paper revalued and who fights her parents also. But in real life she could find a womanizer who shows to be kind to her but with a totally selfish motive and then again a disastrous result happens.
Edited by maha2us - 9 years ago
The way i see it the sad stories will persist till the time we are dependent on other people for our emotional support.
Summer3 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zorrro

The way i see it the sad stories will persist till the time we are dependent on other people for our emotional support.

The same God that saves also destroys all; the Big Guy wears different hats at different times.

Education should teach skills based on a student's aptitude.
This content was originally posted by: Summer3

The same God that saves also destroys all; the Big Guy wears different hats at different times.

Education should teach skills based on a student's aptitude.

Parents usually pressurize their children to take up subjects that they feel would do them good without any heed for the child's aptitude. Who is to be blamed her-  The parents who want good for their child, the child for not being able to adapt to the demands of the time, the society which is not kind to non-conformists? 
Summer3 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zorrro

Parents usually pressurize their children to take up subjects that they feel would do them good without any heed for the child's aptitude. Who is to be blamed her-  The parents who want good for their child, the child for not being able to adapt to the demands of the time, the society which is not kind to non-conformists? 

Sometimes it is just ignorance on the part of the parents too. Schools should have proper counselling and career guidance. The pursuit for further academic qualifications does not help all and often learning other skills such engineering  would be preferable for some.
I hate students actively getting involved in politics when they should be studying first. Many fall into the hands of wily politicians; hopefully not some extremists.

Summer3 thumbnail
Oops I came across this. Must be a pretty common problem:

All student can think about is dying

Dear Thelma,

I'm in Form Five this year and will be sitting for SPM. I feel stressed out just thinking about the examination. I worked really hard for all my Form Four examinations, but there wasn't much improvement. I feel depressed and how it's all so unfair as others who are naughty and don't seem to pay much attention during lessons, get higher marks than I do. I feel useless and am considering suicide. However, I'm a timid person. Every time I think of ending my life, I won't take any action because I'm scared to die.
I also think of my parents who love me unconditionally. I feel like the whole world is meaningless. School life is boring for me. I don't have a best friend in school to share my happiness and sorrows with. I can only share all of my thoughts and feelings in my diary. I don't believe in friendship because I have been hurt and betrayed by my best friends before. I usually don't open my heart so easily to others. I have gotten involved in various camps, because this seems to be the only way to make myself happier. However, it doesn't work as I'm not happy after the camp. I feel like my whole existence in this world is wrong. Sometimes, when I cry, I hide and keep it all to myself. I don't want anyone, including my parents, to know that I'm in this situation. My mind is a big blank. The only thing I can think about is dying. Please help me solve my problems. - JW

Dear JW,
Often, the answer to our problems lies within our reach, yet we can't see it. The frustrating thing is that you look for it everywhere in vain. Many people never find the solution. Your case is different as you have taken this step to write in. Everything in our life is connected. Even when we think two separate parts could never influence each other, they do. You have cut yourself off socially and admitted that you choose not to have friends as you don't believe in friendship. People are social beings. And no matter how much they want to deny that part of themselves, the truth is that we all need human interaction. Research has shown that people actually begin to cease functioning properly when they don't have sufficient social stimulation. Babies' development has been shown to suffer serious negative consequences if they are not touched or talked to. So you had one bad experience with a friend. Instead of cutting yourself off completely, you can reflect on what happened and learn from it. Know what went wrong and think about how you can avoid it in the future. Diaries and journals are fantastic options for writing down your thoughts and feelings. You may think that this is the role of a friend - to listen to your problems. - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/education/all-student-can-think-about-dying#sthash.7IBP9sfJ.dpuf

Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago
incognito. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
As someone suicidal, I've always been hurled negative comments at telling me how impermissible and disagreeable it is.  Not because it's cowardly (I don't think so.) but rather because one's religion does not gives you the permission to do so. If you were to convince me not to suicide when I find life worthless and you tell me not to go for this option just because you think I owe my life to god and it belongs to him/her, I'd seriously ask you to cut the crap. ðŸ˜³ Point being, miserable people need convincing and influential reasons not to suicide and none seems to have one. It is certainly not the only solution to any problem and I'd like to make an amendment in here, no one commits suicide only because of a problem. Either their life is full of crap or their intrinsically melancholic and suicidal. I for one believe if one does not feels like living (in fact its more of surviving or just breathing) anymore, they should have the right to die. But here comes the sensitive and infuriating (for me) part, what to do with your loved ones? I'm selfish but not everyone is, they'll think about it for years and would try to brush off these thoughts to live for those whom they love but my dear, there comes a point where not just the problems aggravate and escalate in number but you also become critical of yourself for not having the courage (yes!) needed to just do it. And then you finally do it. 
You feel bad for the children but then again you don't know what gave your neighbor the final push. So what you do is, sit and pray for the kids to grow just fine or you go and help 'em. Depends on how well your relationship is with humanity.

Summer3 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .enigma

As someone suicidal, I've always been hurled negative comments at telling me how impermissible and disagreeable it is.  Not because it's cowardly (I don't think so.) but rather because one's religion does not gives you the permission to do so. If you were to convince me not to suicide when I find life worthless and you tell me not to go for this option just because you think I owe my life to god and it belongs to him/her, I'd seriously ask you to cut the crap. ðŸ˜³ Point being, miserable people need convincing and influential reasons not to suicide and none seems to have one. It is certainly not the only solution to any problem and I'd like to make an amendment in here, no one commits suicide only because of a problem. Either their life is full of crap or their intrinsically melancholic and suicidal. I for one believe if one does not feels like living (in fact its more of surviving or just breathing) anymore, they should have the right to die. But here comes the sensitive and infuriating (for me) part, what to do with your loved ones? I'm selfish but not everyone is, they'll think about it for years and would try to brush off these thoughts to live for those whom they love but my dear, there comes a point where not just the problems aggravate and escalate in number but you also become critical of yourself for not having the courage (yes!) needed to just do it. And then you finally do it. 

You feel bad for the children but then again you don't know what gave your neighbor the final push. So what you do is, sit and pray for the kids to grow just fine or you go and help 'em. Depends on how well your relationship is with humanity.

Yes sometimes life can be really very difficult for some and there little options left.
But a healthy young person should not so easily give up their lives. They owe too much to their family and the country to just quit.
A person should try to carry on living up to at least the age of 80 years ðŸ˜Š.
Failures are stepping stones to success they say.

It is ironic that the prime purpose of birth is not to be born again. 
Here suicide does not help as we have to clear our karma they say.